shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed regarding upgrade to pre-owned Lucida

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by VioletV, Mar 13, 2018.

  1. VioletV
    Rough_Rock

    Messages:
    4
    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2018
    by VioletV » Mar 13, 2018
    389BF828-5714-4D49-8FB5-1D37668173E4.png Hi there,
    I am new here! Long story short my original ring was a 0.5ct princess cut, when my daughter was born my husband wanted to upgrade me. He bought me a 0.75ct and had the original made into a pendant.

    The upgrade was purchased from a chain store in the UK and when I took it in for checking as I thought something looked off they basically told me it was in my head. I took it to an independent jeweller who advised that the diamond was set squint, it was also brought to light that the diamond looked far warmer than the G colour we thought we had purchased. It always had a slight yellow tint to it.

    We ended up going down the route of having it graded independently and all the specs came back different from what we were sold-6 months down the line we finally got our money back.

    We then purchased a 1.06ct, G, VVS2 princess cut from blue nile and had it set by the jeweller that helped us. I really love the ring but Had always looked at the Tiffany Lucida however this was vastly out our price range.

    I have been browsing recently and have seen a few pre-owned and it confirmed that it is my dream ring. Still a wee bit out on f price range but was thinking of selling my ring and saving up the shortfall.

    I guess I am just looking for advice and how to get best value for my ring and if anyone has any advice with regards to pre-owned Tiffany rings?

    I have attached a picture of my ring also.

    Thank you.
     
    


    


  2. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

    Messages:
    54,774
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2006
    by diamondseeker2006 » Mar 13, 2018
    Many of us have decided we wanted something else and sold our old stones. I only know about US sites, but one like "I do but now I don't" is a good site to sell engagement rings. And yours doesn't have a breakup story, so it would be more mindclean for some people. Expect to lose 20-30%. That's just the reality unless diamond prices have increased, which is likely not the case since prices are quite low right now. You can try to sell somewhere like ebay, as well.

    As far as buying second hand Tiffany, know your vendor. Established vendors such as OakGem, many on 1st Dibs, will have checked out the authenticity and have good return policies in the unlikely event your local Tiffany questions the authenticity. Never buy something like a diamond ring without a rock solid, no questions asked return policy.
     
  3. VioletV
    Rough_Rock

    Messages:
    4
    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2018
    by VioletV » Mar 13, 2018
    Thank you for the advice, much appreciated
     
  4. JulieN
    Super_Ideal_Rock

    Messages:
    13,321
    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2005
    by JulieN » Mar 13, 2018
    The set you have right now is very pretty.

    What carat size were you looking to upgrade to, and what is your budget?
     
    rockysalamander likes this.
    


    


  5. VioletV
    Rough_Rock

    Messages:
    4
    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2018
    by VioletV » Mar 13, 2018
    Thank you.

    I think just slightly bigger and no more than 1.25ct and budget would depend on what I could get for mine.

    Probably £6,500.
     
  6. JulieN
    Super_Ideal_Rock

    Messages:
    13,321
    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2005
    by JulieN » Mar 13, 2018
    If its your dream ring, you should go for it. The Lucida is one of my favorite designs, too
     
    VioletV likes this.
  7. VioletV
    Rough_Rock

    Messages:
    4
    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2018
    by VioletV » Mar 14, 2018
    Alas I think it may just have to stay a dream :cry2: it is just perfect
     

Share This Page