shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Needed re. Tiffany's Rose Gold

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I recently bought a Tiffany rose gold pendant, mini, to go with a pair of rose gold earrings. The Tiffany pendant is the mini gold bow.

In the shop, the pendant looked yellow gold. I honestly wouldn't have known it was rose gold, and I had to ask the assistant if she had definitely pulled a rose gold one. She had. She assured me that it just looked yellow gold in the store's lighting.

Now that I've got it home, I'm really unsure about it. The chain looks more pink than the bow. I think that the bow looks yellow UNLESS you happen to be holding it right next to deep 18k yellow.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Tiffany rose gold? Is it generally known to be very yellow? Have others found their Tiffany rose gold to be too subtle? I mean, I wanted a pink necklace and this thing just isn't pink. On another forum, a poster said she had bought a Tiffany rose gold key, and returned it because the key looked yellow and the chain rose, which is what I'm experiencing with this bow.

I only bought it a short while ago so I can still return it. But I am having great trouble finding another pink rose gold pendant. Doesn't have to be a bow. Any ideas, anyone?

Why is rose gold so hard to find - and hard to find in a nice pink hue? When I got my rose gold scatter ring....what an odyssey that was!

I do have some nice pink gold earrings, but they're only ball studs.

If anyone knows a good source of rose gold, do tell! And plse share your Tiffany rose gold experiences...

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Someone must have some Tiffany rose gold! Anyone? Wd like to know if it's very pink or not.

emmy88

Rough_Rock
I have a rose gold pendant from Tiffany that I bought last year. When compared to another rose gold pendant from Na Hoku, the Tiffany's pendant does like less rose gold. Tiffany's rose gold color is more subtle. However, side by side next to yellow gold, it does not look like the yellow gold. Na Hoku has quite a bit of rose gold jewelry if you are looking for rose gold.
Below is a picture showing the two pendants. The Tiffany pendant is on top. Hope it helps.

P1020932.JPG

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Emmy, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to photograph, and post, your two pendants. I really do appreciate that so much. I LOVE rose gold and I am finding it very hard to build up a nice RG set to wear. It's difficult to find, and even more difficult to get the pink hue that I like.

I think that my Tiffany RG is very yellow, although, as you say, it does not look yellow when next to yellow gold. However, I ordered a rose gold pendant from Blue Nile, for comparison, and the difference is incredible. The Tiffany rose gold looks VERY yellow next to the Blue Nile rose gold! Pix below.

I am going to return my Tiffany rose gold pendant because, if you're not holding it directly next to yellow, it just doesn't look pink. It just looks like I'm wearing yellow gold. I would consider it a tinted yellow, rather than a rose gold. I think the colour is very nice, but I really wanted pink!

It's difficult to capture the difference in a photo but hopefully you can see what I mean here:

GEDC0710.JPG

GEDC0711.JPG

GEDC0706.JPG

GEDC0707.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful necklaces- Tiffany one does look yellower than the other.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, the Tiffany looks yellow unless you are holding directly against a very deep yellow 18k.

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm going to return the Tiffany and I might return the other one as well, which is from Blue Nile. I'd been curious about it, and I wanted to compare it to the Tiffany, but I think it's a bit Goodfellas/Mr. T - you know, big shiny medallions! Good thing I don't have a hairy chest!!

It's disappointing because I was really looking forward to a nice pink gold bow to wear with my pink gold ball studs!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940|1331218596|3143901 said:
Yeah, the Tiffany looks yellow unless you are holding directly against a very deep yellow 18k.

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm going to return the Tiffany and I might return the other one as well, which is from Blue Nile. I'd been curious about it, and I wanted to compare it to the Tiffany, but I think it's a bit Goodfellas/Mr. T - you know, big shiny medallions! Good thing I don't have a hairy chest!!

It's disappointing because I was really looking forward to a nice pink gold bow to wear with my pink gold ball studs!
It sounds like you want a 14K rose gold piece, and not an 18K rose gold piece.

My upgrade ring is 18K rose gold, and I've been wearing it with a temporary 14K rose gold twist band. The 14K looks pink, while the 18K looks like a blush-colored gold. This is a matter of personal preference, but it really sounds like you want a pink gold, which you're more likely to get with a 14K piece. (I believe Tiffany sells only 18K, correct?)

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Hi Haven, yes, you're right about the 14k I think, because the pink pendant in these images is 14k. And yes, Tiffany only sells 18k. It makes sense that this would be yellower, with the higher gold content- which is, of course, naturally deep yellow.

I'll just have to keep looking!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940|1331230862|3144086 said:
Hi Haven, yes, you're right about the 14k I think, because the pink pendant in these images is 14k. And yes, Tiffany only sells 18k. It makes sense that this would be yellower, with the higher gold content- which is, of course, naturally deep yellow.

I'll just have to keep looking!
Sounds like a perfect excuse to go jewelry shopping and take lots of pictures to me!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Smith!
I really like your Mr T rose gold medallion! its very Celtic and maybe on a different chain or silk cord... would it work better for you?

I'm in agreement - I prefer the rosier/pinkish tone than the blush of 18K. Happy hunting.... aw... what a shame... having to go and shop for jewellry... :Up_to_something:

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! Yes, it's terrible to go jewellery shopping....

I tried on the Blue Nile medallion and, actually, it looks lovely! Kind of glam but boho chic at the same time, since the chain is quite long on me (18-inch). So I am keeping it. I returned my Tiffany bow today....but I tried on a 16-inch .17 DBTY solitaire in rose gold for $1,200...and it looked FAB with the medallion! In fact, the medallion doesn't look the same without it. NAUGHTY!!! :naughty:

I didn't buy it though :saint:

Am having dental surgery tomorrow so will be back in action in a few days...with photos of the last of the Smith Jewels! :lol:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1331229860|3144073 said:
Smith1940|1331218596|3143901 said:

It sounds like you want a 14K rose gold piece, and not an 18K rose gold piece.

My upgrade ring is 18K rose gold, and I've been wearing it with a temporary 14K rose gold twist band. The 14K looks pink, while the 18K looks like a blush-colored gold. This is a matter of personal preference, but it really sounds like you want a pink gold, which you're more likely to get with a 14K piece. (I believe Tiffany sells only 18K, correct?)

This is what I was going to say. I usually find 18k rose gold not "rosy" enough for me, and prefer 14k. Once I saw 22k rose gold... didn't look rosy AT ALL even next to yellow gold, and seemed kind of pointless.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Very interesting...yes, 22kt rose gold does seem a bit pointless.

Thanks for the insights re. the hues of 14kt and 18kt rose gold. I will know to always look for 14kt for a very pink tone.

Also, I've learned an interesting thing about Tiffany's rose gold: Since their yellow gold is often just too deep a yellow for me, an alternative yellow metal - when you actually want to purchase yellow - is their blush-gold colour. I liked their Infinity necklace but when I saw it in yellow gold, it's just too brassy for my cool skin tone. But their rose gold just knocks off that deep yellow brassy look, and makes it a yellow gold that's cooler in tone. Therefore, it's a way of wearing a Tiffany gold piece that goes well with skin that is washed out by deep yellow, like mine. I wish they did the infinity necklace in rose gold! It would look yellow, but a nicer yellow on me than their official yellow gold!

Enerchi - you're right, the medallion does look very Celtic!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are you doing post dental surgery? I had some periodontal surgery end of January... don't remember where I was in the solar system for about 2 days! :lol: Are you ok?

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Aw, thanks for asking, Enerchi! I had a gum graft a year ago and it went perfectly. But today's graft, on the other side, wasn't so good. The assistant was far too keen with her tool that holds the gum back, now I know exactly what a fish caught on a hook feels like. The procedure seemed longer and more complex, and I've got more swelling and post-op nausea, stomach upset, etc. It's been a miserable day. I haven't even felt like photographing the Smith Jewels! Oddly, the drugs have made me dizzy and emotional - felt like crying when I saw your message! - and the steroid medication is causing visual disturbance. A few times, it's been as if all the light in the room just shakes a little bit.

I had absolutely none of this the last time! I'm going to bed now and I hope tomorrow will be a different story.

Thanks again for asking, Enerchi! :wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1940|1331355677|3145432 said:
Aw, thanks for asking, Enerchi! I had a gum graft a year ago and it went perfectly. But today's graft, on the other side, wasn't so good. The assistant was far too keen with her tool that holds the gum back, now I know exactly what a fish caught on a hook feels like. The procedure seemed longer and more complex, and I've got more swelling and post-op nausea, stomach upset, etc. It's been a miserable day. I haven't even felt like photographing the Smith Jewels! Oddly, the drugs have made me dizzy and emotional - felt like crying when I saw your message! - and the steroid medication is causing visual disturbance. A few times, it's been as if all the light in the room just shakes a little bit.

I had absolutely none of this the last time! I'm going to bed now and I hope tomorrow will be a different story.

Thanks again for asking, Enerchi! :wavey:
Ugh! I hope you feel better when you getup. That seems just a bit too aggressive in my mind. I had lower right side recession graft and when my insurance is ready, I'll ave the top right done. Not a good Imelda. Did you use your own issue or donor? I used my own. Hurt!!!

Hope you feel better. Keep me posted :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results