shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomarian

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I have been reading and absorbing all the information I can for the last two weeks. I have finally decided on a diamond and would like your opinion. I am going to use this diamond in a ring with two pear shaped diamonds on each site in a platinum settting. I have attached the Sarin report so you can also look at the dimensions. I plan on taking it to an appraiser after I receive it and have him verify it. I do have a 7 day return policy.

I wanted to post the brilliancescope, but it only allows one attachement. I can say that the White light rated in the low-end of "Very High", the Color Light was rated midrange of "Very High" and the Scintillation rated in the low-end of "Very High". The diamond also has a flourescence of medium blue which is why I think it was priced at about 11.5K.

Also here is the GIA on it which was almost the same as Sarin report. Sarin stated that the cutlet was .8 and not none.
GIA
Measurements: 7.48 - 7.50 x 4.80mm
Weight: 1.57
Depth: 61.5%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Cutlet: none
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity: VS1
Color Grade: G
Flourescence: Medium Blue

Sarin
Weight: 1.57
Diameter: 7.47
Crown Angle: 34.2
Crown Height: 14.5
Pavilion Angle: 41.0
Pavilion Depth: 43.1
Culet: .8
Table Size: 57.4
Total Depth: 61.6
Girdle Thick % 1.4-1.9
VS1
Color: G
Flourescence: Medium Blue

Let me know what you think or if you need me to post more information.

1.57 VS1 G sarin.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi There,
I didnt price out VS-1's but that seems to be a reasonable price. The experts will tell you what, if any, effect the fluor. will have on the stone. If I recall from past threads, a med. blue will be fine with a G colour stone. I'm partial to DBOF, my stone came from them. Its easy for me to blanketly say "dont worry Jan is great". She was with me & there was no BS from her & no pressure. If this is not the stone for you, then she will find you something else. The BScope sounds great though. Anything in the VH section is great. I cant help you shrink it, but perhaps one of the savy computer people here could do it for you.

Judy
:)

msmithmomx2

Rough_Rock
I'm partial to DBOF too! Jan is awesome and everything she told me about my diamond checked out! If this isn't the stone for you, I know she will find one you absolutely love.

DBOF rocks!
appl.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is a possible model of the stone with simulated FireScope image.

Attachments

• nomariangem.gem
    1.2 KB · Views: 24

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds very nice!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ran the stone through the HCA and it got a 1.4 TIC (EX EX VG VG). Sounds like if the price is right for you and all the other factors fit together, this could be a winner!
1.gif
I would get it appraised during the 7 day period you have to be sure that all matches up. I agree that the BrillianceScope results with anything in the VH range is very good.

Good luck!

Nomarian

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the input. The price is pretty much inline with everyone else and Jan from Diamond Brokers has been great. I decided to also get a Dvatche platinum setting for the diamond also. I will have it appraised once it gets here.

One thing to note when you are choosing a Dvatche setting with side diamonds. I was quoted that if they bought the setting from Dvatche with the side diamonds, then it was about $3600.00. If the seller bought the setting and installed thier own diamonds, the setting was around $2200.00. I would think that the seller could match your color and better since they are selling you the diamond in the first place.

I am having them match the diamond with thier own side stones for the $2200 price. Once it gets here I will have it appraised and let you know how it turns out.
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results