color
clarity

Advice needed on sourcing (custom?) french cut band

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like this one:
But it is not channel set.
Don't settle, but keep an open mind. Take the time, you will find what will puts a smile on your face.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
This thread is enlightening! I had no idea small French cut diamonds were so expensive!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if that ring was returned or they got more antique stones in to make it.
the only loose stones they had when I called were noticeably smaller.
they will do a custom ring style for you for not that much more, if you are wanting narrower shank - that’s what I needed as well in between the fingers for sure.
Either way / fingers crossed for your search - wherever it takes you :)

Ohhh, I have a ring twin????

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Ever since I came across French cut diamonds a few years ago - never heard of them before - I love them. But I always wonder why the are so insanely expensive?

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Look here:

This might be a piece you could actually take apart in order to create a custom band. Only little over budget.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ever since I came across French cut diamonds a few years ago - never heard of them before - I love them. But I always wonder why the are so insanely expensive?

Same here....i cant stop looking at them!! I think they cost so much because they have to be hand cut, and its becoming somewhat of a lost art? Thats what i read somewhere anyway. Unfortunately, the price is not gonna stop me from buying pieces in the future tho! ;-)

Bezeled

Rough_Rock
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has responded so far! And PS snipers are no joke :oops2: Both the Ivy & Rose and Velvet Box Society (VBS had their ring listed for slightly less on Etsy) are now sold. The VBS ring was actually the local option I mentioned in my first post, but it needed to be sized down a full size and I wasn't so sure if that was possible. I hope the new owners enjoy their rings!

I just found another [unmentionable] french cut band that is half the price of the other one I liked and a fraction of the cost of a diamond one. The only issue is the channels are a little thick for my taste. But it may scratch the itch for now without breaking the bank...

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

They way they are cut requires larger rough for a smaller French cut vs a larger MRB or similar.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, I have a ring twin????

(confession - I was wondering if you had returned it )
am very skeptical about this, from the information they gave me (and more importantly what questions they glossed over/didn’t answer 5 weeks ago.)
I guess anything is possible...... but would love to hear from/see pictures from whomever bought it.

im sorry @Bezeled - you’ll find something. :)
If you are considering ‘unmentionables’ I think there’s been a couple threads here from people that have them, if you haven’t read them already. Even a white sapphire version iirc.

I can think of a brooch that might be a contender for original stones, but it would use up all your budget. It is a gamble tho, I don’t seem to think the sellers cttw is accurate, I think it’s higher

Reactions: ean

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Maybe post your contact info on Loupetroop and people can email you items directly if you are comfortable with that? Just an idea! Lurkers are real!!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I just found another [unmentionable] french cut band that is half the price of the other one I liked and a fraction of the cost of a diamond one. The only issue is the channels are a little thick for my taste. But it may scratch the itch for now without breaking the bank...

JuliaB would probably make this for you if you wanted. I had her make my avatar set for my spinel and she did a fantastic job. I'm very happy with them.

Bezeled

Rough_Rock
(confession - I was wondering if you had returned it )
am very skeptical about this, from the information they gave me (and more importantly what questions they glossed over/didn’t answer 5 weeks ago.)
I guess anything is possible...... but would love to hear from/see pictures from whomever bought it.

im sorry @Bezeled - you’ll find something. :)
If you are considering ‘unmentionables’ I think there’s been a couple threads here from people that have them, if you haven’t read them already. Even a white sapphire version iirc.

I can think of a brooch that might be a contender for original stones, but it would use up all your budget. It is a gamble tho, I don’t seem to think the sellers cttw is accurate, I think it’s higher

Rfisher, I had the same concerns with I&R - very nice and quick to respond, but when I asked for specs I received photos but very vague responses. I then found the ring listing on their website and it was full of details... a little odd. They currently do not have any loose FCs but offered to give me the name of the cutter. I'm guessing the ring listed is a setting they make with new-cut FCs sourced from their cutter?

I currently have a couple of requests for quotes out for custom work. Since I know there are other people here interested I will give an update when I get them.

Bezeled

Rough_Rock
JuliaB would probably make this for you if you wanted. I had her make my avatar set for my spinel and she did a fantastic job. I'm very happy with them.

JuliaB does make a ring that is pretty much exactly what I want. I was intentionally vague in my first post, but I guess I should have been more specific! I have read a lot of good things about her work. I think I just have to accept that french cuts are going to be more expensive, regardless of what they're made of!

I love your rings, by the way!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Here's a frenchie band:

Eta: oops I misread, you wanted larger diamonds. But maybe someone else is looking for something like this?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw a platinum French cut diamond band listed...eternity...$2900 and it’s a size 5. I don’t want to post it unless you’re around to view it so it’s not poached!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto on David Klass, great to work with and prices are very fair. While not an eternity, I just did a reset and he sourced two French cuts for side stones, no issues.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw a platinum French cut diamond band listed...eternity...$2900 and it’s a size 5. I don’t want to post it unless you’re around to view it so it’s not poached!

Can you reserve it?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results