shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed on pave diamond band

annam

Rough_Rock
My sister has a lovely wedding set, a.7 diamond in a semi bezel setting with a nice diamond pave band. She's been married for three years and never had the prongs or ring checked for damage, even though her big sister always reminds her to do it.

Anyhow we are walking by the jeweller and I suggest we go in to check the ring, and the jeweller tells her the diamond has come out of the setting and could have fallen out at any time! So she gets charged $100 for the repair and when she goes to pick up her repaired ring, the jeweller checks her band and says 24 of the prongs are out of position and that she lost a diamond. My sister is going out of her mind at this point and the jeweller suggest she solder the rings together as the rings rubbing has caused the band's damage. She is not keen on this since she doesn't always wear her engagement ring and feels it would be uncomfortable since the ring would be thicker.

Is the jeweller right on this? Can she get a small spacer band made to separate the rings?

Any help asap would be much appreciated. She is freaking out!! :)

And she is now planning on yearly checks on the ring. Lol.

Thank you!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, a small separator will fix the rings rubbing together and causing further damage. A lot of people
get theirs from etsy and I think eweddingbands.com carries them. I think you need to ask about them
because they may not be on their website.

annam

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results