shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed on a stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tookeybird

Rough_Rock
I was hoping to get your thoughts on the following stone:

Shape Round
Carat 1.92
Color D
Clarity SI1
Depth 60.1
Table 55
Crown 33.8
Pavilion 40.8
Polish ID
Symmetry ID
Fluor None
Meas 8.13-8.18 x 4.89
Cert AGSL
Price $17,300

Looks great under a H&A viewer and reflects back a lot of light according to the IdealScope. The stone is eye-clean, but when you view from the pavilion side, you can see an included crystal. Does this seem like a worthwhile purchase? Does anybody know what percentage off of Rap a stone like this should sell for?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forum, Tookeybird
1.gif

Sounds like a great stone
1.gif

H&A AGS0 can go for +/-5% off Rap. Your price is virtually Rap price.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tookey~

WOW what a great diamond!!! I ran the HCA on it (since it was AGS, I assumed you gave crown and pavilion angles) and got 0.8 ex/ex/ex/ex. That's fantastic. I also did a quick price check and availability of comparable diamonds from PS vendors.

The Price Stats average price for this diamond is $16,663.68, ranging down to $15,281.28 on the low end. So your price isn't bad when compared to the online market of Price Scope vendors. I also did not find your diamond listed, or any others of similar size in the same price range. Seems you did well if you found this gorgeous rock locally.

There have been many posts here regarding use of the Rap sheet. Soooo many factors go into adjusting the published numbers, one of the pros is gonna have to answer that question.

Seems the only thing that could be troubling you is the side view of the inclusion. People see diamonds, once set, from the top most of the time. Unless someone is going to carefully inspect the ring after the diamond is set, the inclusion will probably never be seen by anyone but yourself and your intended. If it isn't a black carbon spot, can you see it by holding the diamond 8 to 12 inches away? That is much closer than most people will be on a regular basis. Careful setting of the diamond during mounting could conceal the inclusion as well.

Good Luck! Sounds like a GREAT diamond!
wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results