shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice needed - matching diamond

malish985

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies,

I was hoping to get some advice - a few years ago I upgraded my ring and now am deciding what to do with my original stone. I'm leaning towards finding a matching stone and making a nice pair of earrings out of them. my original stone is close to 1.5 I color (not certified). after finding this place a few years ago I realize that it isn't the greatest quality, but is still a very pretty stone - always sparkled. So, how would you go about finding a matching stone? I was considering going to new York (I'm a few hours away) and going to ID Jewelry as I hear they are reasonably priced. Around here the local jewelers seem to charge pretty high prices and I'm trying to not overspend. Any other suggestions? I don't think I'll be able to go the online purchase route as I'd like to match them in size/color as best as possible and I'm assuming looking at stones in person will be the easiest way to do that.

Thanks

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the stone still set in a ring? A local jeweler should be able to measure it for your and give you the width and depth.
Take some up close pictures of the stone and send them and measurements to ID Jewelry in advance and let them know
what you are trying to do so they can have some "matching" stones there when you arrive.

Better yet, take it to an independent appraiser in your state who can give you all the pertinent information. Send that
along with pictures to IDJ in advance.

https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers

malish985

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1478535957|4094790 said:
Is the stone still set in a ring? A local jeweler should be able to measure it for your and give you the width and depth.
Take some up close pictures of the stone and send them and measurements to ID Jewelry in advance and let them know
what you are trying to do so they can have some "matching" stones there when you arrive.

Better yet, take it to an independent appraiser in your state who can give you all the pertinent information. Send that
along with pictures to IDJ in advance.

https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers

Thanks! great idea about letting IDJ know what I'm looking for. Wouldn't have thought about it myself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results