shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice/Help on selling my diamond- SteveL and others

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by genie, Feb 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. genie
    Rough_Rock

by genie » Feb 11, 2001
    Hello, I want to sell this diamond. I would like to know how much I should get for it, whether anyone is interested, and where else I could go to sell it. I know some jewelry stores around where I live buy as well as sell, but I don't know what I should get for it. THanks for your help!GIA certified .70 carats
    Round brilliant: 5.66-5.71x 3.63 mm
    VS2 - G color
    Depth: 63.9%
    Table: 55%
    GIrdle: thin to medium, faceted
    Cutlet:none
    Finish:
    Polish - Very good
    Symmetry - Good

2. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

3. oldminer
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by oldminer » Feb 11, 2001
    SteveL has given you a great price and a very good explanation, too. I would not be able to do any better. Good luck in the quest to sell it!
    ------------------
    David Atlas
    Accredited Gem Appraisers

4. StevL
    Brilliant_Rock
    Trade

by StevL » Feb 11, 2001
    Hi,
    If you were to come in my store selling this diamond, I would offer you in the $1,600 to $1,800 range. I think you will find this to be a decent offer from a jeweler. Some may offer a little more, and many will offer much less. This of course depends on the GIA report not being more than a year or so old.My suggestion is to find a jeweler to sell it for you. In this type transaction in my store you would receive closer to the $2,300 mark. Depending on the store and the margins they work on, you could get a little more or less.If you can find a retail customer you would probably sell it for around the $2,800 to 3,000 dollar range, but you must find a retail customer that isn't net savy. This diamond is selling on the net for about $2,600.These are general numbers to use in making a marketing decision on your part. They can all vary by who you speak to.Good luck!------------------
    StevL
    www.demsjewelers.com
    www.eightstar.com

5. pricescope
    Ideal_Rock

by pricescope » Feb 11, 2001
    Great advice StevL. Thanks [​IMG]

6. genie
    Rough_Rock

by genie » Mar 2, 2001
    Thanks Steve and others. You guys are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.