shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice appreciated.. Strong Blue on F Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duff

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I,m planning to buy a GIA round Diamond of F color / 0.52c/ VS1/ Polish+Symmetery VG/VG but it states Florescence: 'Strong blue' on the cert & Girdle: Thick

Personally I feel that the stone is beautiful but nvr took it out into the sunlight to look out for any cloudiness or oilyness.

I really need to know how does a 'cloudy or oily" diamond look? and shld i even consider buying it as i've done some research and other than other people's personal (favourable!) experience in owning a strong flourescence diamond the others ('experts') all advise against it.

Should i be bothered bout the fl & girdle??

For US$1800 is it a steal??

Thks in advance.
3.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
The problem with a thick girdle is that carat weight is lost there. In other words, the mm of the stone could be small than a stone w/o a thick girdle.

Regarding the fluor - a stone in the DEF range most likely will be discounted for the strong blue. The only way for you to determine whether the stone will have a milky oily look is to take it outside in direct sunlight. The stone will appear as it sounds "oily" - not as translucent.

I personally love Bl. Fluor; but, other than making sure the stone is not oily looking, the only valid objection I have heard is that the stone may be "purplish" in sunlight.

How is the cut of the stone - what are the table/depth % - what is the mm?

duff

Rough_Rock
Thks Fire&Ice let me get back to you on that one.
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I would be concerned about the thick girdle...a 0.52ct. well cut stone should be about 5.2mm in diam., so you may have what will look like a 0.45ct. or even a 0.40ct. stone if the diameter is 5.0mm or only 4.8mm, respectively.

It's just lost weight you have paid for, but can't see.

duff

Rough_Rock
hi im back..
how do i find out the crown & pavilion angles/percentages??

is it on the GIA cert?

thks!

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
Nope, those are not on a GIA cert. You'll have to contact the seller for that info.

Also, doing a quick search on pricescope here, diamonds with an F color, VS2 clarity, hearts and arrows AGS 0, and from .5-.55 carats range from $1700-2146. So I'm thinking not a steal unless it is an ideal cut diamond and the weight somehow isnt in the girdle.

duff

Rough_Rock
Hi all these are the Additional specs to the first posting above of my diamond hope to hear your thoughts.. thks

Round Brilliant
5.10*5.14*3.20
depth 62.5%
Table 63%
Girdle Medium to thick, Faceted

still couldnt get the crown & pav angles..

Cheers

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi duff,

sorry to tell you this dude, but it's still pretty important for the crown and pavilion angles to get an educated opinion. you will need to ask the vendor for a sarin report.

the table sounds too big though, just from what little info you do have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results