shape
carat
color
clarity

advice about dealing with DCI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tt3000

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone in advance for any help you can provide this novice diamond buyer. Unfortunately, I did not find this place before I made my purchase. I have recently purchased an engagement ring and wedding bands through DCI...they did a really good job of making me think they were trying to save me money and helping me out. I really thought I was getting the the best deal on these rings. However, after checking over my reciepts, I''ve noticed they overcharged me from the quote they gave me and so I started getting suspecious that in fact these guys were not really that trustworthy. Doing some research, I found this place and started reading some of the posts about them. Those post have only reaffirm my suspecions.

I am planning on getting my ring appraised and depending on how much I was overcharged, I plan on returning it with their "fully-bonded" return policy (get price I paid for it back). My question is has anyone here tried to return a ring/diamond to DCI and what can I expect? I suspect they will make it difficult to return the diamond so I wanted to get some input. What would I need to bring or what can I expect them to say? Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

tt

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 9:54:45 AM
Author:tt3000
Hello everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone in advance for any help you can provide this novice diamond buyer. Unfortunately, I did not find this place before I made my purchase. I have recently purchased an engagement ring and wedding bands through DCI...they did a really good job of making me think they were trying to save me money and helping me out. I really thought I was getting the the best deal on these rings. However, after checking over my reciepts, I've noticed they overcharged me from the quote they gave me and so I started getting suspecious that in fact these guys were not really that trustworthy. Doing some research, I found this place and started reading some of the posts about them. Those post have only reaffirm my suspecions.

I am planning on getting my ring appraised and depending on how much I was overcharged, I plan on returning it with their 'fully-bonded' return policy (get price I paid for it back). My question is has anyone here tried to return a ring/diamond to DCI and what can I expect? I suspect they will make it difficult to return the diamond so I wanted to get some input. What would I need to bring or what can I expect them to say? Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

tt
Welcome!

I would return the items quickly if you have decided to do so, what are the terms of DCI's return policy?

ETA - I had a look and it would appear if you bought a fully bonded diamond you can return it for buyback and get back what you paid, so I would return the ring promptly if you have changed your mind. Are you planning on returning the wedding bands also? Just inform them you have changed your mind and want to return the ring under the buy back policy as stated.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
If I may add a suggestion - don''t tell them why you are returning the items. Simply say that circumstances have changed and leave it at that.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 5:12:28 PM
Author: oldmancoyote
If I may add a suggestion - don''t tell them why you are returning the items. Simply say that circumstances have changed and leave it at that.
Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results