shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice...1st post...which diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mustatang

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I've been reading this forum for about 3 months now and this is my first post. I already can't thank you all and this site for the amount of information. I have a greater mastery of this topic and my billfold salutes you.

I've read all the threads that come up when searching for color or clarity in the last year...so I have searched.

On to the question, I will soon be purchasing a Marquise brilliant cut diamond. I've been trying to stay with in the Class 1A requirements. The Marquise will be matched to two pear side stones .25 carats each matching cut and color.

I have found two different diamonds fitting my criteria and am really in a pickle concerning what to get.

Diamond #1

Carat: .77
Cut: VS1
Color: H
Depth: 61.6
Table: 57
Symmetry: Very Good
Polish: Good

Diamond #2

Carat: .74
Cut: VS2
Color: G
Depth: 56.7
Table: 59
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good

I really have debated concerning the color and would love advice. I know a number of people have mentioned it is more important with fancy cuts. Diamond 1 has the carat, symmeetry, and cut...while Diamond 2 has better color. They are within a few dollars of one another.

In addition this will be set in platinum. So there is the fancy cut/platinum combo that worries me a little.

What would you suggest/do?

Thanks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Good symmetry for a marquise... I would not give that up. And this being DCD (I would think, since they list both stones at the lowest price), you could obtain IdealSCope pictures of these stones. Since marquizes tend to be no very brilliant, it would be nice yo know that yours is the exception to the rule. AGA does not guarantee brilliance, and not all specs are available to deduce AGA grades anyway (no crown height).

How about these two guys: 0.82 G/VS2 and 0.81 G/VS2 ? One may get a higher rating via AGA (again, no crown height - no grade) but if light return is better, maybe we could forgive it ? One does not see brilliant marqs every day.

Marquise with two pears is a terrific idea, IMO
2.gif

Mustatang

Rough_Rock
Ana,

Thank you for the reply. How do I obtain IdealScope pictures of these diamonds from DCD? Am I able to ask for a few of them at the same time? I noticed that DCD has a presale program. I live in one of the areas that they support. Do you think that would be my best option?

Thanks,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results