shape
carat
color
clarity

Adoption Thread

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You all have touched my heart! Thank you so much for your kind words about our sweet Avery. She is fantastic and I am content to just stare at her. I don't want to blink and miss any face, pseudo smile, furrowing of her brow, or little noise. :bigsmile: :love:

She is an awesome baby. If she's wide awake (which is usually between 3am and 5am!) she's content to just look around. She doesn't fuss much and she is always a hungry girl!

S called me yesterday to let me know that D had been discharged from the hospital. She said that they were doing ok and she did sound like her normal self which made me feel a little better. I'm not disillusioned to think that they have moved past their grief in any way but it sounds like they are trying to. I let her know that we had scheduled newborn photos to be taken on Saturday and that I would order a set of prints for them and she said that they would like that.

And Deb & Zoe - I do intend to post on both threads! This thread will always be special to me and I've been waiting for the opportunity to post on the mommy threads that I stalk so regularly. :))

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
ImperfectGirl|1325866646|3096482 said:
You all have touched my heart! Thank you so much for your kind words about our sweet Avery. She is fantastic and I am content to just stare at her. I don't want to blink and miss any face, pseudo smile, furrowing of her brow, or little noise. :bigsmile: :love:

She is an awesome baby. If she's wide awake (which is usually between 3am and 5am!) she's content to just look around. She doesn't fuss much and she is always a hungry girl!

S called me yesterday to let me know that D had been discharged from the hospital. She said that they were doing ok and she did sound like her normal self which made me feel a little better. I'm not disillusioned to think that they have moved past their grief in any way but it sounds like they are trying to. I let her know that we had scheduled newborn photos to be taken on Saturday and that I would order a set of prints for them and she said that they would like that.

And Deb & Zoe - I do intend to post on both threads! This thread will always be special to me and I've been waiting for the opportunity to post on the mommy threads that I stalk so regularly. :))

IG I was at an appointment yesterday and didn't get to reply to your good news...so CONGRATULATIONS!!! It must have felt so amazing to walk into your home with baby Avery in your arms!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Avery Nicole is beautiful - congratulations again IG :love: :bigsmile:

I have a giant on my face reading this :appl: :appl: :appl: And I'm happy to hear that D is doing well! Truly, it sounds like a miracle for all involved, and with the best ending possible!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you, IG, and your husband on the birth of your perfect girl, with the perfect name to match. Avery is so blessed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, I was out of town yesterday and today because we had to move our mother to a nursing home, so I've had minimal time on here the last two days.

But I have to tell you, I am crying BIG HAPPY TEARS after reading your story!!! ;( ;( ;(

I can't tell you what a wonderful surprise it was to see that you named her Avery!!!! :appl: You really "got" what I was saying about naming the baby that was meant to be YOURS, and I am delighted that you used the name you loved the most! I think it is a beautiful, beautiful name! ;(

She is gorgeous...a precious gift from God. I pray all goes well the next month and that your family will be richly blessed!

(And I would give S and D a hug if I could meet them. They gave this baby life and then gave her to wonderful parents to raise and love her. What GREAT LOVE that is!!!!!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1317583058|3031350 said:
Yes, we do have a beautiful sage green, chocolate, and white nursery just waiting for our baby. The door has remained shut since we came home from MN the first time, but hopefully I'll get to open that door soon. It's pretty basic right now, only containing essentials like furniture and bedding because I'm waiting until our baby actually comes home to add art and other decor.

IG-I assume you have dressed Avery in some pink outfits by now (how could you resist?). Have you started to add pink accents to her room? I can't help thinking that your color choices were brilliant, because because nothing would go better with sage green; chocolate brown; and white than some pink!!!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Diamondseeker - Yes, I totally understood what you were saying about choosing a name for my child and I'm so thankful you posted that.

Deb - I, too, am glad I went with the colors that I chose since I could easily add a feminine accent color. I haven't done anything yet because I'm debating between pink and lavender. My plan is to jump on that in the next week or two.

My family has scheduled a "Welcome Home" party/shower for Avery later this month. I'm so excited! Also, we had her newborn photo session yesterday and it was so much fun but a ton of work! Someone forgot to tell Avery to cooperate and she refused to fall asleep. The shoot lasted 4 hrs and overall went really well. The photog was amazing and I caught a special as she had new props she wanted to use for her portfolio. I've uploaded a couple that she posted as a sneak peek...I covered up her logo as I didn't know if it was against PS rules to post it, so that's the reason for the colored box in each photo. I couldn't be happier with how they turned out and can't wait to see the rest! :bigsmile:

373835_299784736723935_108935142475563_744727_1632599897_nk.jpg

383988_299778780057864_108935142475563_744718_143432124_nk.jpg

408269_299778843391191_108935142475563_744721_1621038865_nk.jpg

405257_299787006723708_108935142475563_744734_1005001137_nk.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: Precious!!! :love: :love: :love: What beautiful photos! You will treasure them always!! She is so gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!! :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1326035014|3097857 said:
Diamondseeker - Yes, I totally understood what you were saying about choosing a name for my child and I'm so thankful you posted that.

Deb - I, too, am glad I went with the colors that I chose since I could easily add a feminine accent color. I haven't done anything yet because I'm debating between pink and lavender. My plan is to jump on that in the next week or two.

My family has scheduled a "Welcome Home" party/shower for Avery later this month. I'm so excited! Also, we had her newborn photo session yesterday and it was so much fun but a ton of work! Someone forgot to tell Avery to cooperate and she refused to fall asleep. The shoot lasted 4 hrs and overall went really well. The photog was amazing and I caught a special as she had new props she wanted to use for her portfolio. I've uploaded a couple that she posted as a sneak peek...I covered up her logo as I didn't know if it was against PS rules to post it, so that's the reason for the colored box in each photo. I couldn't be happier with how they turned out and can't wait to see the rest! :bigsmile:

Oh, IG, I can't believe how perfect she is! How angelic! I had no idea that there was a special protocol for a special "newborn session" and that one's baby had to be asleep for it!!! I do understand-having seen Avery's photos-why a photographer would want to take pictures of a sleeping newborn, however!!!

People are going to give Avery lots of pink outfits and toys. When you choose the color for her room, just be sure that if you go with the lavender, that you won't be bothered by too many "accent" colors when you see all the pink things as well! (Just a hint from a mom who chose pale yellow instead of pink for her daughter's bedroom then saw lots of pink added to her room over time!)

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so thrilled for you IG! She is absolutely precious.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I've been following this thread for quite a while and keeping my fingers crossed that you'd be home with a baby very soon. Well, here she is!!! What a beautiful child! You and your DH must be thrilled beyond words. :appl: :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Perfect, perfect, perfect! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
she's so gorgeous! I love these kinds of photos!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG -- beautiful photos of Avery!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Love her cheeks! She's precious.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those photos are AMAZING! She is so beautiful-what a precious, precious girl! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope things are going well with little Avery!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG those pics are just adorable ::)

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! What a beautiful face! I've never before seen such a perfect little mouth. :love: I hope your family shower is wonderful. You deserve it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG, she is just so gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, IG from the pictures she looks like an absolute angel! Wouldn't have been able to tell A wasn't cooperating. Have a wonderful shower/welcome home party.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Oh IG, you daughter is so precious!! I love the name Avery. And the photos are just adorable. I am so happy for you!!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
IG-Avery is GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: SO happy for you as you enter this awesome new phase of the adoption process (the besotted new mama phase...I am still there:)

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for the sweet comments about my little angel. I just love her to pieces! I debated doing newborn photos but I'm so glad I decided to.

Deb - you make a good point about all the pink items we will likely receive. Thank you for the input. I've got to get moving on the nursery soon!

I'm going to stop monopolizing this thread now! Once again, I cannot express how much all of your support has meant over the last year. I will let you all know when we finalize Avery's adoption which is likely to occur next month. :))

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, she is just so beautiful. Congratulations again.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
IG, when I read your post and saw pictures of beautiful Avery my heart swelled up with so much happiness that I feared it may burst. I have tears in my eyes for you. I always knew that you would find "your" baby, but now to see her and hear the story. It's just so wonderful. I'm so happy for you!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1326125557|3098488 said:
I'm going to stop monopolizing this thread now!

You haven't been monopolizing the thread, IG. If you need more time to be with Avery, everyone will understand your not posting three times a day to this thread (at least anyone who has ever had an infant will)!!! Do not stop updating us as often as you have the time and energy for, however. Avery is special to all of us. We want to follow along with her. We want to see pictures of her welcome home party/shower. We want to see pictures of her nursery. We want to watch her grow. What else is this thread for? And what could give more hope to people who are waiting to adopt?

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella_mezzo|1326125445|3098484 said:
SO happy for you as you enter this awesome new phase of the adoption process (the besotted new mama phase...I am still there:)

Bella-

Can we prevail on you to post some new pictures of B.? I think that seeing children come home and grow gives hope to waiting adoptive parents!

Hugs,
Deb

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG I was awol from this area of PS for a while, and then come back to find this! How wonderful. She is amazing and beautiful!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1326133891|3098564 said:
Bella_mezzo|1326125445|3098484 said:
SO happy for you as you enter this awesome new phase of the adoption process (the besotted new mama phase...I am still there:)

Bella-

Can we prevail on you to post some new pictures of B.? I think that seeing children come home and grow gives hope to waiting adoptive parents!

Hugs,
Deb

Yes, Bella, we do need pictures of B! :))

siv

Rough_Rock
IG, your daughter Avery is beautiful. Prayers continue that all the legal paperwork go off without a hitch. Thank you for sharing her with us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results