Adoption Thread

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
HURRAY!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Now I can stalk the thread for her photo. Such a great day!! :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, I have also followed your story. I am so happy for you that this is working out!!! I look forward to seeing pics of your baby girl very soon.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
So happy that all the paperwork went smoothly. I can't wait to see her and hear all about it! Hope you are enjoying every second with your precious new daughter!!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
That is such exciting news!!! Congratulations! I hope to see pictures soon :appl:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gah...can't post a pic from my phone!!! Sorry! Will come back to post one as soon as I can get in front of my laptop at home!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG - Biggest Congrats Ever, Momma!! :bigsmile: :appl: :bigsmile: :appl: :bigsmile: :appl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ImperfectGirl|1325713759|3095163 said:
Gah...can't post a pic from my phone!!! Sorry! Will come back to post one as soon as I can get in front of my laptop at home!

I'm getting really excited to see her!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
IG, I couldn't be happier for you!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I've been silently stalking this thread for months. I never post, because I have nothing of value to contribute to the subject, but I have followed your story, IG, and I am so, so, so happy for you and your new daughter! Congratulations! No one is more deserving of a happy ending, and that baby girl is so incredibly lucky.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
OMG IG! You're such a TEASE!!!! :tongue:

Can't WAIT to get your next update. I'm so incredibly happy for you and your DH!!!! Hugs to baby O too. She's the luckiest little girl to have such a wonderful mom like you. I'm SO HAPPY for you and your family! The BEST way to start out the new year!!! What a gem!

~LC

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG, knowing what you've been through from what you've posted here, I can honestly say I haven't been happier for someone I've never actually met. I am so, so, so happy for you and your husband.

I can only imagine what D. and her family are going through as it must be a very emotional time for them. It sounds like they have chosen a wonderful couple in you and your husband, and I can imagine that that would give them comfort and peace in D's decision to choose the adoption route.

Do you mind me asking what name you've picked?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1325709258|3095099 said:
The papers have been signed...lots to tell but no time at the moment. Back later with details!

I can't check this thread enough--but must make dinner.....BUT I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THE NEWS!!!!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( I am sooo happy for you and your hubby, IG!!! We can't wait to meet her!!! I agree with whoever said they have never been happier for someone they haven't met! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks for explaining the adoption legalities. I have great confidence in this adoption, but just the same, I'll be praying for the next 30 days!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

OH IG_I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL. D AND S ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND I HOPE THAT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO STAY IN TOUCH IN SOME WAY THAT IS RIGHT FOR ALL OF YOU.

CONGRATULATIONS MAMA. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE GETTING TO EXPERIENCE THIS BLESSING AND THAT THE PAIN AND HEARTBREAK THAT YOU'VE HAD TO GO THROUGH WAS AT LEAST MOVING YOU CLOSER TO THIS LITTLE AMAZING GIRL.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In terms of the baby's name, I just wanted to remind everyone of a previous posting! It doesn't mean that IG and her husband couldn't have changed their mind about the baby's name (I certainly have no inside information). I just wanted to remind everyone of where she appeared to be heading when we last discussed names!!!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

ImperfectGirl|1317867801|3034293 said:
Glad you like Olivia...it's just such a beautiful name and I'm so excited by the thought of having a daughter. Your middle name suggestions are so lovely! I'll have to bring them up the next time we discuss the name. JGator- thank you for your support and for weighing in on the middle name! I appreciate it :))

DH & I talked a lot about the baby this evening and we are just so hopeful that this is it for us. We discussed names as well and I'm pulling for Oliva Grace but DH isn't liking it. He is suggesting Olivia Rae or Oliva Noelle. I like them both, particularly Olivia Rae, but I'm not ready to decide on one yet.

thank you all for the name suggestions and for your continued support! It means so much!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! :appl: I am so happy for you. I know you will make a great Mommy to your beautiful baby girl. Keep us updated!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just leaving the hospital. It's going to be a late night so I promise to type out the birth/adoption story tomorrow!

Thank you all so much for being a great support and cheering section!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Momma!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reminder, Deb. I had forgotten about that.

IG, have a great night!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad! I can't wait to read your story and have a cry fest!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ImperfectGirl|1325709258|3095099 said:
The papers have been signed...lots to tell but no time at the moment. Back later with details!
wooooohooooooooooooo!!! I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU MOMMA!!!! huge hugs :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

get settled, take your time, you waited so long; we can wait!!! much love and good thoughts and happiness your way!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG I'm another who has been following your story silently, and I'm SO happy for you and your DH!!!!

Congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: :appl:

My thoughts are with you, DH, and your LO on your busy drive home, and with D and S and family as they recover.

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: I am so happy for you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm absolutely thrilled for you IG. Congratualations on your new baby!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1317583058|3031350 said:
AGBF|1317577224|3031288 said:
ImperfectGirl|1317515441|3030868 said:
I'll let you guys know if it's a boy or girl on Wed!

It's incredibly exciting, IG! I don't remember, now, if you already finished a nursery in anticipation of Parker or Avery! Please remind me!

Yes, we do have a beautiful sage green, chocolate, and white nursery just waiting for our baby. The door has remained shut since we came home from MN the first time, but hopefully I'll get to open that door soon. It's pretty basic right now, only containing essentials like furniture and bedding because I'm waiting until our baby actually comes home to add art and other decor.

It's really so heartwarming to have so many people thinking of us and rooting for us! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! :))

I had to bring this posting back to the top again so that we could remind IG to update us on the nursery when she comes back to report!!! I want nothing left out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb
:saint:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: Yeah for bringing your little girl home! Excellent point by AGBF, did you decide on Olivia for the name? I also can't wait wait to hear the story and see the pics! Enjoy the time with your little angel, MAMA :bigsmile:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Good morning! Before I dive into this story, I sincerely want to say how much all of the support, well wishes, and kind words have meant to me. I've gone back and read all the comments this morning and I am in tears. Many of you have been more supportive than folks I know in real life and I wish I could meet everyone of you personally because I'm convinced that PSers are some of the best people in the world! I'm sure this is going to be a book...bear with me. Oh and apologies for any typos - typing fast to get through this before the LO wakes!

Ok, so, we got the call Monday at 2:30am. We were on the road within 15 min and arrived to the hospital at 6:30am. I went in to D's L&D room to say hello and everyone was understandably very tired. I was able to meet D's older sister and she was very nice. At that point we wanted to give them space and privacy so we waited and slept in the waiting room. S sent me updates via text. At about 11:00am, all of D's family came out into the waiting room with us. They were ushered out of the room by the doctor. D was fully dilated but the baby's heart rate was dropping during contractions and not recovering. D's family was waiting with us for about 15 minutes when nurse came out and asked for S to follow her. S came back about 15 minutes later and announced that the baby was born via c-section. She said that the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck and shoulders quite a few times and was purple when she was pulled out. She said that the baby was rushed out of the OR. She looked nervous which made me nervous.

About 2 hrs later we all went to see D in her post partum room. She was dead to the world due to the meds and so S contacted the nurse to check on the baby. We were told we would get to see her in a bit. They weren't really forthcoming with updates or news and I thought maybe something was really wrong. After she was 4 hours old, they finally brought her into the room. What an emotional and exciting moment!!! There were tears, hugs, joy, and sadness. Everyone was congratulating DH & I and wanting us to hold the baby but I kept insisting that they hold her. Part of me knew that I would have all the time in the world if they signed the papers and they would only have a few days and part of me was scared to get attached. Everyone stayed for a couple hours and then left. S asked if we would stay with D for a while so if she woke up she would see us with the baby to help solidify her decision. D did wake up later that night and held her baby. When the nurse came in that night, they asked her who she wanted to have the 2nd hospital bracelet to have access to the baby and she said me. We were also informed that we were getting our own hospital room. D told the nurse that she wanted us to take care of the baby that night so we did, happily.

The next day, Tuesday, D called our room early asking to see the baby. We took her to D's room and stayed with her until her mom arrived then left to give them some privacy and time with the baby. They basically spent all day with the baby which made DH nervous but it just felt like the right thing to do to me. I didn't want them to feel like I was hovering and honestly, I didn't think that spending the day with the baby would make or break the decision. Later in the evening, D again told the nurse to let us care for the baby overnight.

Wednesday morning, I woke at 5am. My stomach was in knots and I just wanted to know either way. We spent the morning with D & S until our attorney arrived. Things seemed to be going so well. S made comments that morning about us taking the baby home so I was filled with so much hope. Our attorney and a social worker arrived at the hospital at noon and we went to our room to give them privacy. DH and I played cards to try to distract ourselves. My phone rang at 12:50p and it was my attorney asking us to meet her in the lobby of the hospital. We rushed down and she had the biggest smile on her face! Relief washed over me and I just couldn't contain my emotions. I was sobbing and many in the waiting room were staring at me. I just couldn't believe that this journey was finally over. And then the sadness for D and S came and I cried for them too. As our attorney was giving copies of the paperwork to the hospital social worker, I went into D's room. They were crying and we all just hugged and cried. I had to words to say except that I was so happy and yet so sad. S said that she asked her minister to come to the hospital to meet us and bless the baby and asked if we were ok with that. Of course we were.

The minister arrived at about 5:15p that day. We all met in a small private waiting room and he chatted with everyone for a bit. He prayed for D, S, the baby, and us. It was extremely emotional for everyone. I was definitely not prepared but I don't think I ever could be. The mix of emotions is so great. For my family to gain, theirs had to lose. Ahhhh, I'm crying now as I type this because I sincerely hope they are ok. I know that this is a loss and they will grieve but I hate feeling happy while others are grieving. Even last night when my sister came over, she mentioned that I didn't seem as happy as she would have thought. I have to admit that I feel a bit guilty about feeling happy. Anyway, after the minister was finished, D handed me the baby and we took her to the nursery to get her dressed and discharged.

So, I know that Deb copied a post regarding my plans for the baby's name. I was set with Olivia at that time but Diamondseeker's post about naming adopted children really struck a chord with me. I always wanted my daughter to be named Avery but I didn't want to use it because it felt tainted after the last failed placement. But we decided that Avery is what we wanted our daughter to be named, so that's what she would be named. It doesn't feel tainted at all. When I think of Avery, I only think of my daughter! Her middle name is Nicole which is D's middle name. And last but not least, a photo! I think she is simply beautiful but I know I'm biased!

Avery -1.2.12.jpeg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Avery is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! :love: :love: I am so happy for you; she IS an Avery and I am glad you decided to go with Avery!!! Awww huge hugs Momma!!! I can't wait to follow your story of her babbling, rolling, walking, etc!!! Soooo exciting! :appl: :appl:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
IG, Avery is so beautiful and I am in tears reading your story. You and your husband will be such wonderful parents to this little girl, and D will lead a life with opportunities she might not have had if she had chosen to parent this child. I'll continue sending good thoughts for peace and healing for all of you. Enjoy every second with your precious new baby!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
IG, I'm so happy for you!!!! Such a saga that has finally come to an end! Avery is absolutely beautiful and I know that you and your husband will enjoy her so much.

I understand about the odd dichotomy of simultaneous grief and happiness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results