shape
carat
color
clarity

Adoption Thread

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!! So glad the birth went smoothly and that you've been able to see and hold the little one. Thank you for taking the time to fill us all in on the moment by moment developments. You have no idea how many of us are checking back on this thread regularly waiting to hear about the next exciting detail!! Hoping everything goes well.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued dust until all is finalized and peaceful! Enjoy your time!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet she is just adorable!! I hope the birth mother manages to get through this. Not only has she had major surgery but she has to give her baby up. In her head she will know its for the best but in her heart it will be so painful. Poor little thing.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow IG I'm late to the party but OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I'm sending you all the dust and prayers and good vibes that can be mustered! You and your DH are such wonderful people. There's so much love in your posts you sound like you're going to explode. GOOD LUCK, friend!!!! Must keep us updated!!! And remember PS dust is some pretty strong stuff!!!!

~LC

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1325545899|3093690 said:
I'm in love!!!! We've finally been able to see and hold her. She's a tiny little thing with full lips and fine dark hair. We've spent some time with the birth family and it's been nice. Bio grandmom (S), got choked up, hugged me, and said that she was so happy that the baby would be raised by us. D has mostly been asleep and recovering but when she's awake, she's very quiet.

The hospital is trying to set up a separate room for us so hopefully that will happen soon...I'm wiped! More tomorrow!

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Your support has been invaluable!

Hug S for us. I don't know if D will be in any shape to hear about other people. She has been through and is going through such a traumatic event that I am sure she doesn't care whom you know on-line or off. All she will want is to get comfortable and get to get back to her life! She may even experience post-partum depression! But you should tell S that you have a big gang of female friends who think that she has helped her daughter and her granddaughter to make a very life-affirming decision and that we applaud her!!! I don't know if S. has a cheering section, but she deserves one! Please give her my love. And keep some for yourself, your hubby, and your new baby, IG!!!

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, you must be in heaven when you're with your little girl! I hope that D finds the strength to get through this. I'm sure part of why she is so quiet is because she just doesn't know what to say. It must be so hard for someone so young to truly comprehend this. She's doing such a wonderful thing for this baby girl. I hope that brings her peace some day.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Oh IG--I am so happy that she's here and that D is doing well (though it sounds like it was a rough labor for her!)

I really hope that the rest of the process goes smoothly for all your sakes!!! Please keep us posted and definitely share our love and support with D and S if there is an opportunity where that doesn't seem weird!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

On another note, for those of you following my job saga (I can't track of which thread I posted it in :rolleyes: ) I handed in a letter of resignation last week with two options: 1. my last day being near the end of the month--a full months notice, but with one of those weeks being the week of vacation that was denied or 2. my last date being really soon if they still decline to approve my vacation. It was not.received.well at.all. There was yelling, door slamming, hitting of my letter...I was told it was the worst thing anyone has ever done in the history of the company, career, etc. and that they couldn't even look at me b/c I was so despicable. Not a fun day, and I do not enjoy the drama at all, but I am looking forward to reclaiming my professional and personal life from this craziness! I have a written offer for a new job, but it's not quite what I was expecting/need to have and a few more places that may be making offers this week so I am trying to find the position that will be the best fit and offer the level of compensation that I need to support my family and keep my career moving forward. I know it will work out in the end, but right now it feels really scary as I could possibly be unemployed starting Friday and with DH being unemployed that's really :-o

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG - I hope it goes well for you! I'm not really sure what else to say, but wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts.

Bella - I'm sorry to hear about your job situation! How unprofessional! I guess if you're going to go out, go out with a bang ;-) I hope the other job offer comes through for you, it sounds like a scary and difficult situation to be in right now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG...I so agree with what Deb said about the birth-grandmother. What a strong woman to be able to make the decision that will give this baby and her daughter the best future!!! :appl:

Bella...wow! But what a confirmation that you don't need to be working there (which you obviously already knew)!!! Maybe had they not treated you like dirt, they wouldn't be losing you now. Duh!!! Prayers for a great new job soon, and for your DH as well!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay IG! Hoping everything goes smoothly for you and you bring this baby girl home! :appl:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG - Yay! I'm so happy for you and your DH and your little girl! I hope things continue to go smoothly for you all!!!!!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella, you must have worked for the most wonderful place on earth if someone resigning is the worst thing that ever happened there! I hope you find the right job soon.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
IG - OMG, congrats to you mama! :appl: Your new little girl sounds just precious :saint: I am happy to hear that the birthmom is recovering well and that her mother is so supportive of you and your DH. I am sure you are falling into the new mom haze of new sleep and freaking out a bit, but when you get a chance, please give us an update. Again, I am so happy for your new little family and hope that this whole process is wrapped up soon!

Bella - Good grief, quelle drama! I am sorry that your work turned out to be such d-bags, but it should definitely affirm your decision to leave. Sorry that the first offer letter wasn't exactly what you wanted, but hopefully you will get those other higher offers asap. Lots of new job dust for you dear!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Good morning! We received our own room last night and kept the baby with us at D's request. We had a great night. She is simply beautiful and so quiet. I've yet to hear her cry! D called this morning and asked if we'd bring her over so we have. She finally did cry and I mentioned that I thought her diaper might need to be changed. I asked D if she wanted to change it and she said - I don't know what to do. That just caused me to get all teary...she is just a little girl too. D is deferring to us on everything from immunizations to the birth certificate.

I'm sure D's family will be here soon and I've got some calls to make (attorney & agency) so I'll check back in later.

Oh and yes, S is amazing and wonderful! She does have a cheering section (her sister) and I am amazed by her grace in all of this.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Great to hear from you, IG! Sounds like things are going well and look very positive.

It's always sobering to be reminded that even in the most successful and happy adoptions, there is always loss involved. My thoughts and prayers are with you, of course, and also D. and her family.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
ImperfectGirl|1325602893|3094013 said:
Good morning! We received our own room last night and kept the baby with us at D's request. We had a great night. She is simply beautiful and so quiet. I've yet to hear her cry! D called this morning and asked if we'd bring her over so we have. She finally did cry and I mentioned that I thought her diaper might need to be changed. I asked D if she wanted to change it and she said - I don't know what to do. That just caused me to get all teary...she is just a little girl too. D is deferring to us on everything from immunizations to the birth certificate.

I'm sure D's family will be here soon and I've got some calls to make (attorney & agency) so I'll check back in later.

Oh and yes, S is amazing and wonderful! She does have a cheering section (her sister) and I am amazed by her grace in all of this.

That must have been an amazing night. It is so wonderful to hear how D is dealing with all of this. I'm sure it is very hard on her, but I'm sure it means a lot to her to know that her baby is going to be raised by such loving, caring and supportive parents.

Checking in often and hoping for the best,
MuffDog

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG-I don't know how long D will be in the hospital after a C-section, but would she like a cake sent to her? I can probably have one sent overnight. I can have it sent to you, so that she keeps her anonymity since you and your husband are also there. Or maybe cupcakes?

Hugs,
Deb

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1325605608|3094043 said:
IG-I don't know how long D will be in the hospital after a C-section, but would she like a cake sent to her? I can probably have one sent overnight. I can have it sent to you, so that she keeps her anonymity since you and your husband are also there. Or maybe cupcakes?

Hugs,
Deb

I love you Deb. You are the sweetest lady, seriously.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
It's amazing to get these updates from you and to be able to follow your journey, IG. This has become my favorite thread of all time and I'm just blown away by the support that everyone has shown here. Just...wow. I'm going to stop blabbering now.

Much love to you and your little family, IG.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
tammy77|1325612654|3094109 said:
It's amazing to get these updates from you and to be able to follow your journey, IG. This has become my favorite thread of all time and I'm just blown away by the support that everyone has shown here. Just...wow. I'm going to stop blabbering now.

Much love to you and your little family, IG.

I, too, am blown away by the support I have received from everyone here. It is simply amazing and so appreciated!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't stop checking this thread. I think I have a problem! This is seriously just so moving. Everyone is so kind and so supportive. I know D doesn't feel it now but she is lucky that you and DH are going to give this little girl a wonderful life. I hope that D experiences beautiful things in the future. Her possibilities are endless with a supportive family and the peace of mind that IG and her hubby are going to be amazing parents.

I think this hits close to home because DD was born when I was 17. I know there's a huge difference between 14 and 17 and adoption wasn't a consideration for me. I was too naive to even think of it and my parents decided early on that we would make it work. I am so fortunate that they supported me and allowed me the opportunity to raise my child. DD is now 16 going on 17 (and AMAZING!) and I sometimes wonder if I could do that for her. If she came home and told me she was pregnant, could I be as selfless as my parents were? I sure do hope I'm never tested.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
IG, thanks for posting an update! How wonderful, and yes I even forget how much of a baby the birth mother is too. I'm glad S has a cheering section and I agree with Deb, do tell her you a bunch of ladies you know are really tipping our hats to her and her daughter for making the best decision for a better life for everyone involved. I hope all the calls and the remainder of the adoption process goes smoothly. Sending dust, prayers and good vibes still!

Deb, you're the sweetest lady ever for offering a cake. How wonderful.

Bella :angryfire: So angry at what ridcuous and unprofessional cookoos you work with! Seriously? I'm glad you have an exit strategy, hopefully you'll get some nicer exit strategies in the next few weeks. You're a rock star and this company and your boss SO. DON'T. DESERVE. YOU.

~LC

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
IG, so thankful the little one is here and that her birthmother is doing okay despite the physical and emotional toll this has taken on her. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you as you wait for everything to become final. Lots of dust!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG how soon will D sign the paperwork? Do I remember correctly that you said 48 hours after birth?

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Maisie|1325620030|3094194 said:
IG how soon will D sign the paperwork? Do I remember correctly that you said 48 hours after birth?

Yes, the attorney and social worker will be here tomorrow at noon to obtain her consent. D has spoken to the attorney today and indicated that she will be ready to sign tomorrow. Gah, I'm so emotional over it all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1325621385|3094212 said:

Yes, the attorney and social worker will be here tomorrow at noon to obtain her consent. D has spoken to the attorney today and indicated that she will be ready to sign tomorrow. Gah, I'm so emotional over it all.

HI:

Of course you are! Come here and talk, we love hearing your thoughts and being on this journey! Thank you for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh my goodness!! I'm going to be on the edge of my seat till you come and let us know its all done!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

OMG that is FANTASTIC news. I will send good thoughts and cross my fingers that all goes according to plan (which it sure looks like it will). I will also send my best to D who is doing a wonderful thing for you and that baby.

I also hope that D's recovery is going well.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
IG, congratulations on the healthy baby. I cannot wait until we hear back that D has signed the papers. I know you will be able to breathe much easier at that point. I am looking forward to the day when you can take your baby girl home and post pictures for her admiring PS aunties (and uncles)!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
JGator|1325627115|3094292 said:
IG, congratulations on the healthy baby. I cannot wait until we hear back that D has signed the papers. I know you will be able to breathe much easier at that point. I am looking forward to the day when you can take your baby girl home and post pictures for her admiring PS aunties (and uncles)!

YES! We are really excited to see photos of your daughter!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results