carat
color
clarity

Adoption Thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I LOVE this thread! Thank you ladies for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
IG -- thinking of you and your family. I have a really good feeling about this! Can't wait for an update.

Bella -- thinking of you and sending some "Hurry the eff up" vibes your way!!! Hope you are enjoying this special time with your little travel buddy!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
IG- thinking of you, sweet avery, and birth mom... and wishing peace for all in this process.

Bella- sending come home soon vibes!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just stopped in to see how all the new moms were doing. It's Sunday night at the end of the weekend and it feels like Christmas Eve. I wanted to be sure everyone was tucked in snugly! Hope things are going well, IG and Bella. Hope you'll be in this neck of the woods soon, orbaya! I hope everyone sleeps well.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Good luck today, IG! Thinking of you...

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
IG, thinking about you today. (And will be obsessively checking PS). Lots of dust for you today!!!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
IG, sending positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs your way today. I hope all goes smoothly for everyone involved today.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
IG_I am thinking about you too!!!

Thanks for all the come home soon/hurry the eff up vibes for me and B:) Keep 'em coming:) The embassy is open tomorrow (I think--it's hard to get a straight answer out of them about it) and hopefully I'll get some news then...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
IG and Bella, thinking of you both today! IG, I'll checking this thread obsessively and Bella, I pray that you get good news from the embassy today and will soon be on your way home with B!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keeping everything crossed for you today IG.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Bella, more coming home vibes your way! We're starting to miss you in the States. Hope you get some good news from the embassy.

IG, Hugs, dust and prayers. Hope everything goes smoothly!!!!!

~LC

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

Not a great day. Birthmom couldn't go through with signing the consent. She accepted the counseling that was offered to her today while at a local agency (the consent has to be witnessed by a licensend child placing agency in MN). She said she needed more time. I completely respect that but I am falling apart. I know she hasn't said no, but it's getting so hard to remain optimistic. I'm taking care of this little baby and crying my eyes out expecting the phone to ring any minute with instructions to return the baby.

Maybe it's my hurt and fear talking but if we have to give Avery back I don't think I could do this again. I don't think I could go through this all over again...

eta - thank you all for your wonderfully supportive comments. I really do appreciate it.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
IG, My goodness! I don't know what to say to you but I've got the biggest strongest hope and prayer in the world and sending to you that you'll get a happy ending!!! I want this for you so badly! I really really hope it comes through for you. You've got some good vibes blowing in from Chicago, my friend. ~*~*~WHOOSH~*~*~ They don't call it the Windy City for nuthin'!

~LC

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG - I'm so sorry to read your update! I hope that birth mom is able to find the strength to let go.

Love your little girl. Whatever the outcome here (and I hate to even acknowledge the uncertainty!), she will ALWAYS carry your love with her. I *know* that is true.

I'm feeling sad for you, having to face this uncertainty, but I am so hopeful too. Sending you all the dust in the world!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG, this is the first time I have been in this thread but just wanted to tell you how sorry I am you are going through this. I cannot even imagine how difficult, heart-breaking, and frustrating this is. My prayers are with you. Don't give up before the miracle happens.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
IG- This is the first time I have ever dropped my head into my hands and immediately prayed for another poster on this thread. Everyone that wants to be a mother should be given that right and I pray with everything there is, that this is it for you. Hold that baby tight, and we will all pray along with you, that you never have to let go.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
IG, My heart is breaking for you. I hope the BM finds the strength to follow through with what she planned to do. You are meant to be a mommy and no matter how it ends up happening, I truly believe it will happen for you. Hopefully this is it, you will be in my thoughts!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
IG- I cannot even imagine the fear and uncertainty for you right now. HUGS and thoughts and prayers to you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1315863780|3016028 said:
Maybe it's my hurt and fear talking but if we have to give Avery back I don't think I could do this again. I don't think I could go through this all over again...

If you have to give Avery back, which I hope you do not, you never need to go through this again. You can adopt internationally, where you will receive the baby who will be adopted by you only after the mother's consent has been finalized. It will be your choice, IG. As I have said before, I would never have had the strength you did to travel this road. You have been incredibly courageous. No matter what Avery's birthmother decides, you have enriched Avery's earliest days, filling them with love. She may not remember them, but they will always have an imprint on her life.

Love and hugs,
Deb

meresal

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1315874991|3016153 said:
IG- This is the first time I have ever dropped my head into my hands and immediately prayed for another poster on this thread. Everyone that wants to be a mother should be given that right and I pray with everything there is, that this is it for you. Hold that baby tight, and we will all pray along with you, that you never have to let go.

I meant to say the first time on this site, wholly.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Praying praying praying praying praying :saint: :saint: :saint:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, IG. I have a lump in my throat. I hope you and birth mom both find the strength to get through this.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1315878132|3016198 said:
.... No matter what Avery's birthmother decides, you have enriched Avery's earliest days, filling them with love. She may not remember them, but they will always have an imprint on her life.

My thoughts exactly.

IG I am hoping that this is just the post-partum hormones affecting the birthmom's thinking. Two to three days post partum are the hardest, and when she makes it through, I am hoping clarity will prevail once again. My heart breaks for you.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Oh my friend, my heart is hurting for you today. Huge hugs and prayers from Africa!

You are so strong and courageous and I know that the love and care that you are giving Avery right now will have an indelible imprint on her life no matter what! I know that you have the grace and strength to get through the next through days and then you can make decisions about next steps. Avery may still be your daughter legally and forever! I have met several families whose b-moms needed a few extra days but still went through with the adoption in the end.

In the heartwrenching event that she is not, there are many options, all of them fraught with challenges and you can take some time to heal and think about them.

But for now, remember that God is in control and loves you and little Avery and her birthmom more than you can ever imagine, that all of you are God's beloved daughters and that everything is alright in the end, if it's not alright, then it is not the end!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella_mezzo|1315903428|3016351 said:
But for now, remember that God is in control and loves you and little Avery and her birthmom more than you can ever imagine, that all of you are God's beloved daughters and that everything is alright in the end, if it's not alright, then it is not the end!

Bella and IG-

Bella, I got chills reading this. I remember how many times I was disappointed as I tried to conceive and then adopt my daughter. I cried when I got my period every month. I cried when I learned I couldn't get a baby from Korea, because Korea was closed as source of adoption although the family I knew who had an adopted son had adopted from Korea and I had been dreaming of a beautiful daughter from Korea. Then, when I finally got reconciled to adopting a baby from South America and fell in love with the beautiful Indian baby girls that other families had adopted, I ended up with one who didn't look like anyone else. She certainly wasn't one of the beautiful little Indian girls. She didn't have their gorgeous, high cheek bones! She wasn't what anyone expected. God's hand was in it somewhere. I remember looking at this white child with with startling blue eyes and a thick, black, fringe of hair and thinking, "She is so beautiful! That can't be my baby!". At the LAPA (Latin American Parents Association) Welcome Home Party, no one thought she was adopted from Latin America! But she was. And I have always felt she was chosen for me, even when she developed emotional problems. She's all mine. IG, your baby is meant to be yours. I'm sending love.

Deb

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG - I don't really know what to say. I've refrained from posting over the last day because I didn't think I could say anything to make it better, but maybe just knowing that you have people thinking about you and offering internet support is helpful. So here I am. I can't imagine being where you are right now.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
IG, words have escaped me bc nothing I can even dream of saying will help. I hope a decision is made soon for your sake and for the BM's sake, and that youll have peace in whatever happens.

Offering all my prayers and all my support to you right now.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
IG, I don't have the words that would give you the support and hope you deserve. Please know I'm thinking of you and sending lots of thoughts of the best and right outcome for you and little Avery...which is for you to be together.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My heart goes out to you and yours. Positive vibes across the miles....

kind regards--Sharon

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Big, big hugs to you, IG. I'm praying and hoping for positive news today from you, and praying for the birth mom too.

You may not want to hear platitudes right now but I do agree with everyone else that the child you end up with is the one you're meant to be with. As you might know, my sister and I were adopted, but I've never shared with anyone here that my parents also tried to adopt a third child, a particular boy...a process that took over 8 years. Through my parents' experiences, I can only imagine the stress and anguish you're feeling.

Thinking of you...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results