shape
carat
color
clarity

Adoption Thread

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, bless your heart. I agree that it is impossible not to give your whole heart to a baby that even might be yours. We lost a child in another country before we got our daughter in China, and I will tell you, the entire family was devastated. I so hope you don't ever have to go through this again, but I know those that have, but they eventually got the child (and children) meant for them. It may not comfort you now, but I just wanted to say that I understand why the heart has to love the baby before you know the birthmother's final decision. It shows what a terrific mother you are going to be. {{{hugs}}}

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, bless your heart. I agree that it is impossible not to give your whole heart to a baby that even might be yours. We lost a child in another country before we got our daughter in China, and I will tell you, the entire family was devastated. I so hope you don't ever have to go through this again, but I know those that have, but they eventually got the child (and children) meant for them. It may not comfort you now, but I just wanted to say that I understand why the heart has to love the baby before you know the birthmother's final decision. It shows what a terrific mother you are going to be. {{{hugs}}}

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to send big hugs to IG.

I think in many ways it is similar to losing a baby - although fortunately without the whacky hormones and your body telling you things that aren't possible. Also the same anxieties before the birth that everything will be okay and worrying about being too emotionally involved (impossible not to be I think).

Having a child myself I can imagine how hard it is to hand your baby over for adoption and I have huge admiration both for the mothers that are able to give their child up and for the adoptive parents who take on a very hard role.

I really hope that this time it goes well for you and all are happy in the end. It certainly sounds promising - and little girls are great fun ( :-o )

Bella - have a fabulous trip to ET!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
IG-one day at a time is all you can do! Adoption is such a crazy journey and it's so hard to guard your heart during the process--I am the same way and jump in with both feet b/c that's all i know how to do.

I am in russia, jetlag is kicking my butt. I was hoping to go see the diamonds in the kremlin, but i think it is going to take all i have just to make it through my work events...we'll see how i feel tomorrow:)

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
IG - I was so very sad to hear about the turn of events with the birthmother. I echo the other's comments about just how gracefully you dealt with the situation and think you are quite an amazing lady to get through all of this. I really hope that this new birthmom follows through with her plans and that you will have a little baby girl in just two+ short months. All my prayers and thoughts are with you during this clearly difficult time, and please feel free to continue to reach out to us here for supoprt. SUPER BIG HUG!

Bella - Safe travels my dear and please let us know how its going when you get a chance to sign in from ET. And say hi to little B when you get there!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Baby Charles is here! I'm on my iPhone so I'm sort of off the grid, but as soon as i can I'll post more information.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Penn! Can't wait to hear all about his arrival!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pennquaker09|1309229979|2956747 said:
Baby Charles is here! I'm on my iPhone so I'm sort of off the grid, but as soon as i can I'll post more information.

Oh, Penn, how exciting!!! I can't wait for all the details (and the photos!) I am so glad you kept the name Charles, too!!! That was always my first choice "boys name", but we got a girl!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

I squealed out loud when I read this!

Congratulations, Penn! I can't wait to see pictures.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: Welcome Baby Charles!!! :appl: :appl:
Congrats to you Penn and to Mr. Penn!!! What a happy day!

~LC

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Penn! Hope it's all going well for you!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yay for baby Charles!!!! I'm so happy for you Penn! Can't wait to see his little face! :appl: :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Penn and family!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new addition (and the nursery, too, please!!!)!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, please post his statistics as soon as you get back a Sarin report on him! You know: length, birth weight, crown angle! (I'm sure he's got fluorescence, though! Lot's of it!)

Deb
:saint:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Penn! I haven't posted on PS for quite a while, but I am happy to come back to this wonderful news!

Bella: I hope you have safe travels in Russia and ET. I am elated to know that you and your DH are now thisclose, to bringing your baby home! SO many best wishes to you and prayers that everything goes as smoothly as possible. The nursery is fabulous!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Penn - Congrats to you, Mr. Penn and the twins and the arrival of little Charles! :appl: I too am glad to hear you stuck to your guns on the name and can't wait to see pics of the surely handsome little guy.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Popping out of lurkdom to say...

Bella, SQUEEEEEEE!!! I am BEYOND excited for you. :) I absolutely cannot wait to see a pic of your son. Enjoy the time you have together in ET - how special that you get to spend time together getting to know the world he was born into before introducing him to his new American world!!

Penn - congratulations to you and your family on the arrival of little Charles!!! :) :) :) Can't wait to see pics!!

IG - I am so sorry to hear about the heartache you are going through. :( But, I am cautiously optimistic about this new situation...sounds like you guys and the birth mom really hit it off!! When sad things happen in our lives, it is usually really difficult to find a reason why something like that would happen....but perhaps this new baby is the reason. Maybe she's meant to be yours. :) I will keep you in my thoughts and send hopes for peace and comfort, and for continued development of the relationship you've forged with this new mom!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Penn!!!

We're in ET and met B this morning. He's adorable, shy, obsessed with cars and bubbles, and amazing. He's little, but also seems to be built like a tank as he's deceptively heavy when you pick him up:)

I am in love with all the kids in the care center and just have to say, if you have ever thought about adopting a slightly older child, 2, 4, 6, older...just do it. These are amazing children. Yes, there can be issues with bonding/attachment (more so for the parents bonding with the child than for the child bonding with the parent), but those issues are also very possible with an infant...anyway, just wanted to put that out there if anyone has considered it but was on the fence:)

We have court tomorrow morning and I'll try to keep you posted...

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm so excited for you Bella! I'm sure it was amazing to meet your son!!! How awesome...can't wait to hear how well court goes! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Bella! So exciting that you met your baby today!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Bella! Congratulations on meeting B!

I hope you are having a wonderful time in Ethiopia. Isn't it beautiful?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella - how wonderful!! He sounds precious :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile:

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Bella, your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so excited you got to finally meet, cuddle, and love on your son. I can only imagine how special and perfect that moment was after all the months of anticipation only knowing B through pictures.
congrats and best of luck in court!

geri

Shiny_Rock
Bella - I'm so excited for you!! Hope all goes well from here!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Bella!!!! Lots of dust for an easy time from here on out! It's such a joy to hear what an amazing time you're having! Hope you and your family stay safe in your travels! :love: :love:

~LC

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Bella! You have finally met your son! And you went halfway around the globe to find him. Isn't that special? I know it was for me...to find my daughter in South America! He is your prize!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Hugs,
Deb

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to Penn!!

Bella so excited for you also!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, third time at this because PS doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me. It's been kind of crazy around here, but I know you all wanted an update and to see Charlie.

We decided to name him Charles Preston. We liked a lot of combinations, but in the end we felt like Preston fit him and we agreed, so that was that. He was born on June 27th at 11:23 am. And he tipped the scale at 6 pounds 4 ounces and is 18 inches.

We're so thrilled, but I'm worn out! My in-laws came yesterday, so for a while I'll have some help. I have an awesome MIL.

I've tried to upload photos twice, but the connection keeps timing out so I'll figure something out. He has the cutest nose I've ever seen in my life and I want you all to see him.

I want to thank you all for the well wishes! Nate and i appreciate it so much. Most of my real life friends . . . I don't know how to describe it, but I guess we're just at different places.

Prayers and dust to IG. I'm sorry that your adoption fell through, but I have faith that you're going to have a baby this time. I want it for you, just as much as I wanted it for us. I want you to have the joy that I have.

And, congrats to Ms.Bella! I'm happy for you as well! I hope everything continues to run smoothly and that you'll be back in the states with your boy soon!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pennquaker09|1309755391|2961402 said:
Okay, third time at this because PS doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me. It's been kind of crazy around here, but I know you all wanted an update and to see Charlie.

We decided to name him Charles Preston. We liked a lot of combinations, but in the end we felt like Preston fit him and we agreed, so that was that. He was born on June 27th at 11:23 am. And he tipped the scale at 6 pounds 4 ounces and is 18 inches.

We're so thrilled, but I'm worn out! My in-laws came yesterday, so for a while I'll have some help. I have an awesome MIL.

I've tried to upload photos twice, but the connection keeps timing out so I'll figure something out. He has the cutest nose I've ever seen in my life and I want you all to see him.

I want to thank you all for the well wishes! Nate and i appreciate it so much. Most of my real life friends . . . I don't know how to describe it, but I guess we're just at different places.

Prayers and dust to IG. I'm sorry that your adoption fell through, but I have faith that you're going to have a baby this time. I want it for you, just as much as I wanted it for us. I want you to have the joy that I have.

And, congrats to Ms.Bella! I'm happy for you as well! I hope everything continues to run smoothly and that you'll be back in the states with your boy soon!

Wow, Penn! When I saw that it was you who had written the last post in this thread I did a double take! I am sorry that the next poster to come along will see my name instead of yours and not know, immediately, that you were finally able to post! Even when Pricescope is cooperating, it is hard to find time to do anything other than to care for a newborn when you have one!!!

Charles Preston is a truly wonderful name for any young man. I really think it has dignity without being pompous or prissy. It is simple, yet manly. And, since it contains, "Charles", well...how can it fail to please?

Someday I am actually hoping to get a peek at your nursery, too. But all in good time. I am glad your mother-in-law is so helpful. It is really impossible to raise even one child alone. My daughter had three adults doting on her while the fourth went out and worked for a living to support her! I think a three to one adult to child ratio was just about manageable. She got some pretty good nurturing that way. We were still all pretty exhausted, though! It was a good thing she went to pre-school by three!

Hang in there and post when you can!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Penn, congratulations to you and Nate! I'm thrilled for you, what a wonderful week you've had.

How are the twins enjoying being big brother and sister? I hope you're all doing great and that the fog of exhaustion lifts soon! It's tough with a newborn, but pretty darned amazing, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results