shape
carat
color
clarity

Adjusting a ring size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sabu

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know how hard it is to get a ring size adjusted after the stone is set. I gave my girlfriend her engagement ring today and it is a bit to small for her finger. I am planning to take it back to the jeweler to see if they can make it a little bigger. Does this take a long time to do? or is this something that we get done fairly quickly?

Thanks

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It shouldn't be a problem, depending on the ring. A typical engagement ring can be sized up with no problem in about 20 minutes.

It depends on how backed up the jeweler is with work as to how long it will take to get it done though. It might take him a while to get to that 20 minute job.

If you take it to the store you bought it from, I have a feeling they'll do it for you fairly quickly.

sabu

Rough_Rock
Great....Thanks for the quick reply!

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
If you take it back to the jeweler you bought it from they should give you priority service. If they have a bench jeweler on the premises it shouldn't take too long but they may have a lot of holiday purchses requiring sizing right now. Give them a call and see what they say. Have a great New Year! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results