shape
carat
color
clarity

adiamondisforever.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

billv45

Rough_Rock
Are the rings on adiamondisforever.com real or only virtual? I found something to what I''m looking for but can not find anything more than a pic on this site. I would like to buy of the rack if possible and advoid having something custom made. Here''s a link to my virtual ring, only I would like a emerald cut center: http://www.adiamondisforever.com/dyoer/email_view/view.pl?image=FE_003_01_2_1_B.jpg&source_code=FE_003

thanks

FE_003_01_2_1_Bx.jpg

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
There's a designer named Jeff Cooper that has something similar but in plat and w/o the side rounds. See below. If it tryly is an upscale designer piece, you may be better off getting it replicated by a jeweler. Maybe someone else knows more.

55847.jpg

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Sorry forgot to add this.
You can find that one at: http://www.solomonbrothers.com/Search/JewelrySearchDetails.asp?sSKU=55847

The designs on the debeers site can be replicated using that code number FE_003. I remember reading that they advise you to take that number to jeweler and they can find or make you the ring.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Bill!

Give the guys at Trade Shop a holler and send em yer pic. LOL (You'll understand that when you see their website.)

They can make your ring for you with the diamonds you want, where you want them, without charging an arm and a leg. They'll even make the ring for you and set your diamonds. Mara or Giangi, I can't remember which, bought some diamonds through eBay and had Trade Shop "custom" make her a bracelet. I seem to remember she paid Trade Shop $400 and got her bracelet under $1K total. She had high praise for the quality of their workmanship. I've seen other posts that say the same!

Just a thought. Maybe it will help you get exactly the ring you want.
wacko.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Pq... It was Mara... I'm a guy
2.gif
9.gif

billv45

Rough_Rock
WOW! You're right on the money! A Jeff Cooper ring was the only one that was real close to what I was looking for. In fact someone right here on this board turned me on to it. The only problem is that it only comes in platinum and she wants yellow gold. The Jeff Cooper site calls the side stones "burnish set" is that the official term for this kind of side stone setting? Anyone want to venture a guess (or maybe a quote) on making a semi-mount simular to

http://www.fortunoff.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=074067992&index=1&corp%5Fgift=0&dept%5Fid=1060418

or this Jeff Cooper ring (with four burnish set side diamonds two on each side:

2990.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish! Let me clarify..I priced out TS and they quoted me $400 for the setting of the pre-bought eBay stones ($200 for 1c of small .05c's--which I have not yet purchased btw!) into the bracelet setting similar to a pic I had sent them. So all in all around $600 for a bracelet that was selling for $1900 ($700 on 'sale' though...hah we know what that means) at Macys. I haven't done it yet, because I'm a procrastinator...but I probably will..and when I do, TS sounds like the way to go. I have see many pix on their site of projects they are working on, nice stuff!!
1.gif

stang67

Rough_Rock
Sorry to jump in but I asked about this site awhile back and was hopeing someone could help me out too. Here is the ring I am looking at. I tried to email them as someone else stated, but got no response.

http://www.adiamondisforever.com/dyoer/email_view/view.pl?image=MR_016_04_1_1_B.jpg&source_code=MR_016

noles9498

Rough_Rock
Billv45,
I know this was not the point of your post, but I was wondering...I'm not familiar with Jeff Cooper but what cut is the stone in the photo in your post -- It's not a regular emerald, is it? It looks A LOT like mine.

noles9498

Rough_Rock
By the way, I say that because the photo doesn't have the corners of most emeralds I've seen and doesn't have that flat look of many emerald. My table is slightly convex and very slightly faceted and the result is much like the photo.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asscher cut stone?

noles9498

Rough_Rock
An Asscher was originally what I wanted. The stone we ended up falling in love with has qualities of both an Asscher an emerald, but the corners are perfectly square like a princess. Hard to explain...once I get the appraisal completed maybe I'll have decent photos. I can't seem to take one on my digital.
confused.gif

billv45

Rough_Rock
I'm not certain just what cut that stone is but here's a link to the Jeff Cooper site:
http://www.jcplatinum.com/

Anyone able to answer the original question? Do the "Source Code" displayed relate back to anything or do I have to go the custom route?

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
This is straight from the debeers website design gallery at adiamondisforever.com:

"Once you select a ring you will be prompted to "Print" your selection. The printout will include the specifications of your design and its source code. Bring this printout to your local jeweler so they can locate this piece of jewelry using the DPS Source Guide or find one similar to it.

With a jeweler, you may then discuss further specifications, such as a larger-carat diamond, multiple side stones, as well as price."

Ask your local jeweler about the ring and provide them with the source code as debeers instructed. Let s know what happens. By the way, the jcooper setting you posted with the emerald diamond is exactly what I am looking for to mount a rectangular radiant diamond. Thanks for finding that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results