shape
carat
color
clarity

Additional Info on AGS Reports - What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
I have noticed on a few of the AGS reports that I have looked at that there is a section under the diamond details called "Comments". Usually this will list if there is any florecence and if something is inscribed on the girdle but occasionally there is a comment like the two below:

"Additional Clouds Are Not Shown"

"Pinpoints Are Not Shown"

Why are these not shown on the diamond map? I am looking only at VS1 & VS2 diamonds, is a comment like this somthing I should be concerned about? All of the stones I have been looking at are ACA so the quality should be good right?

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
What this means is that there are clouds and pinpoints that were not serious enough to affect the grading of the diamond (ie. it is a VS1 or VS2 despite these features), and thus they were not mapped on the diagram. However, when an appraiser is looking at the diamond, they should expect, with their equipment, to see these inclusions. They are mentioned so that the appraiser will be able to identify the diamond as the one on the report.

You should not be concerned at all.
1.gif

N2D-986S

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info, seeing that a lot of posts talk about avoiding clouds in a diamond I got a little nervous when I saw the additional ones commented on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results