shape
carat
color
clarity

Additional clouds are not shown - Should I worry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nmarconiur

Rough_Rock
I have been leaning towards purchasing this rb (VS2) from JA.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1225034.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

I did not notice the comment "Additional clouds are not shown." on the AGS report until today. Is that something I should be concerned about? How might it affect the diamond?

-Nate

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
In a VS2 you have almost nothing to worry about when additional clouds are not shown. I bet its very pretty.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When a report lists clarity characteristics as "not shown" (usually surface graining, pinpoints or clouds) it means they are non-issues. The grader was simply noting they exist for sake of thoroughness.

A similar comment which bears investigation when it appears is "Clarity grade based on clouds not shown." It's especially relevant in SI-I clarities where grade-setting clouds can be an optical issue.

In this case they are non-issues so no worries on that count.

nmarconiur

Rough_Rock
Rock on, thanks everyone!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I don't know whether *you* should. I only know that I would.

I'll accept that it *is not* an issue with VS and higher, but we all have our comfort level.

But I am the wrong person to ask. My comfort level is VS1. I've been told that that's a "fancy" clarity (no harm intended) but I do know people (as I am sure many of you do) who have bought VVS2 just for the thrill of it.

I actually think it will be fine (i.e. a non-issue) all other things being equal.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 3:49:44 PM
Author: John Pollard
When a report lists clarity characteristics as ''not shown'' (usually surface graining, pinpoints or clouds) it means they are non-issues. The grader was simply noting they exist for sake of thoroughness.

A similar comment which bears investigation when it appears is ''Clarity grade based on clouds not shown.'' It''s especially relevant in SI-I clarities where grade-setting clouds can be an optical issue.

In this case they are non-issues so no worries on that count.
Ditto Sir John, nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results