shape
carat
color
clarity

Addicted to Zumba?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
COOL! You may find that the classes are less crowded as the year wears on. You know everyone is gung-ho about their New Year''s resolutions in January and then are burned out by February.

Like you I love that feeling at the end when I feel like I''ve really worked my muscles. Sounds like you are on your way to becoming a fellow addict!
2.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I expect if I register for the class it will be less crowded for the rest of the semester. The free week they don''t count heads, but for the rest of the classes they take attendance and make sure only registered (aka paying) people are there. I''m pretty sure they cap the class at a number less than what was there last night. If not, I''ll just have to fight for a spot closer to the front!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ladyciel..that is great! funny about it being crowded since most of the best classes are crowded...at one of my places there are anywhere from 100-150 people in a class on a tuesday or saturday. it''s crazy. thankfully i know the routines so i can be in the back but newbies have to fight their way to the front!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I am going tomorrow night and am nervous...any tips?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Curious, are zumba classes like the Les Mills program and each instructor is taught the same stuff from a ''franchise choreographer'', memorizes it and then teaches it to a class??

We don''t have it around here, but it looks super fun!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:41:11 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
How''d it go, Tacori? Did you go by yourself or did you bring a friend?

I just found out they are doing classes a couple of blocks from my house, so I''m most likely going to sign up!
Actually, there are lots of places to do it around here.

Question for Mara:
Do you just have a membership at one gym and go to multiple locations, or do you just place for the class at different places?
The reason I ask is because I have a membership at 24 hour fitness, but the class is offered at a location that is a bit of a drive. There is a class offered closer, but it''s through L.A. fitness.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:03:02 AM
Author: luckystar112
Date: 2/2/2009 9:41:11 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

How'd it go, Tacori? Did you go by yourself or did you bring a friend?

I just found out they are doing classes a couple of blocks from my house, so I'm most likely going to sign up!

Actually, there are lots of places to do it around here.

It was fun! I felt (and I am sure looked) stupid. I have never taken a dance class let alone an exercise class so there were a few times I just stopped to try to figure out the moves. I actually had better luck following a few good classmates rather than the teacher. The teacher added all these extra things and her feet moved SO fast. It was hard to follow at times. I thought I was going to die. I am out of shape so an hour of cardio is a big deal to me. Last night (and this morning) I have the WORST headache. Not sure if it is related (dehydration or something). I would totally go back BTW. My classes are free b/c I belong to the Y.

ETA: I went with a friend. I would not be brave enough to go alone until I get better. I need someone to laugh with me but most people were there alone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results