color
clarity

Add milgrain to channel-set band?

Milgrain or no?

• Leave the walls alone

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys, I am thinking about messing with my wedding ring. I''m currently getting some quotes about turning it into an eternity band (right now it''s only 12 channel set asschers across the top) and also I''m thinking that I may want to add milgrain. What do you think? Milgrain or no?

Sorry the pics are so crappy - I was too lazy to clean my rings.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the band along. It''s plat with .5 cttw square baguettes (12 stones) across the top.

bandj2.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another pic with the ering

bandj1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of a Tacori band that is square baguettes with milgrain, to give you an idea of what it would look like. I won''t add engraving to the sides, just milgrain to the walls on the top & bottom of the diamonds.

tacoriband2.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted yes definitely! on the milgraining. I think it will give your band an extra shot of oomph!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I say add milgrain. I''m in love with milgrain so my vote is biased!
2.gif
Please let us know what you decide to do!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, I''m leaning towards it myself. Pete at Quest told me it would only cost $75 to milgrain it, so cheap! I am also thinking of turning it into either a 3/4 or full eternity, but that would cost more like $1200, so I''m not sure that I want to do that - I really want a shared-prong RB eternity band as well, so maybe I''ll just add milgraining to this one then I can have both - I don''t have the budget for both full projects right now.

Do you guys think it''s worth it to turn it into a full eternity, or would you just leave it with diamonds halfway around, the way it is now?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Sure! I think it would be a fun addition to your lovely band!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love milgrain, but your set as it is has a very sleek/modern look to it, with a smooth solitaire + RB, clean lines of square baguettes in the smooth channel band... Milgrain will change that. Do you want that? If so, then go for it!

Generally speaking, I tend to like channel-set baguettes and asschers (step cuts in general) with smooth modern-looking/sleek edges, and brilliant cuts like rounds and princesses with antiquey milgrained edges. Totally a personal preference thing.

Is there any particular reason you're thinking of adding more diamonds? Are you having spinning issues?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I''m no help, I think it would look good either way
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I voted to add milgrain. For $1200, I don't think I would change it to a 3/4 or full eternity though. That price seems high!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I love the look of a milgrain band and was sure I was going to order one for my wband. But, when I tried them on with my solitaire, it just didn''t do it for me. I voted no, but I really think you should try them on together first and decide whether you like the look. I was expecting to be thrilled with the result, and was feeling a little blah with the set. I ended up ordering a 2mm channel set band instead.

krockie

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Musey. I like that your set right now is so clean. The milgrain on the wband will really change the whole look. I also don''t know that it would look as bright with it.

But, its your choice. I love milgrain in other sets, so I get the look you''re going for. What a tough choice to make!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
I have that Tacori band so I definitely voted for miligrain. Good luck with your decision.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a toughie...I love the look of your band as it is, but I also love milgraining. I don''t think you can go wrong either way!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think everything looks better milgrained!
3.gif
I am a milgrain whore. HOWEVER...if money allowed I would leave your WB as is and buy a eternity band.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 4:25:42 PM
Author: MMMD
I have that Tacori band so I definitely voted for miligrain. Good luck with your decision.
Hi! Can you post some pics of your band? I would love to see it!

I think you guys are right, I need to go try some bands on and see what I think about the milgrain.

I have an appointment at a custom jeweler in my area tomorrow, so I''ll see what he has and try some different looks. I also thought that $1200 was a little higher than I wanted to pay, so I figure I''ll go see this other jeweler and see if I can get a better deal.

Either way, I REALLY want an RB eternity, so I would ask for that as a gift before I would make my WB a full eternity. The ring spins all the time, and I originally wanted an eternity but couldn''t find one that I liked before my wedding, so I would like to eventually try to make this a full eternity - it just seems like for that much $, it might not be worth it - more fun to just get another ring to stack.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 4:45:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
3.gif
I am a milgrain whore. HOWEVER...if money allowed I would leave your WB as is and buy a eternity band.
Tacori, I just went back and looked at your wedding band, and I LOVE it with the milgrain. I know that you have princess cuts instead of square baguettes, but I think that the final look would be similar. Gorgeous!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I say yes to milgrain!
1.gif

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE millgrain so I vote yes, but as others have suggested I recommend that you try on similar bands with and without millgrain so you can decide how it looks on your hand and paired with your ering.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the look as well with channel set bands. Just make sure they put on a very delicate and thin milgrain, nothing chunky.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
love the milgrain - definite yes, yes, yes!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple pics that I have. Set is much daintier IRL.

mkring1.JPG

MMMD

Shiny_Rock

mkring2.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Legacy band has very fine milgrain, and I adore it! I''d just like to warn you that not everyone does milgrain perfectly, so take a look at some close up shots of rings with milgrain before you have someone do it. Maytal and Leon are two that do it extremely well. (Not that you could send a ring to Leon just for milgrain if he didn''t make the ring, though.)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 5:03:49 PM
Author: vespergirl
Date: 2/5/2009 4:45:19 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

3.gif

Tacori, I just went back and looked at your wedding band, and I LOVE it with the milgrain. I know that you have princess cuts instead of square baguettes, but I think that the final look would be similar. Gorgeous!

Thanks Vesper! I really like square cute stones channel set. DS is right though. I have seen some fugly milgrain! I wonder if Bev K has a band you would like b/c their milgrain is PERFECT
18.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i love your rings now as is... but i love me some milgrain too...
AND.. i adore the pic of the tacori band you pictured...
is there any way you can find one irl to try on with your e-ring first?? and of course take pics to show us all
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, add the milgrain!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 3:01:47 PM
Author: musey
I do love milgrain, but your set as it is has a very sleek/modern look to it, with a smooth solitaire + RB, clean lines of square baguettes in the smooth channel band... Milgrain will change that. Do you want that? If so, then go for it!

Generally speaking, I tend to like channel-set baguettes and asschers (step cuts in general) with smooth modern-looking/sleek edges, and brilliant cuts like rounds and princesses with antiquey milgrained edges. Totally a personal preference thing.

Is there any particular reason you''re thinking of adding more diamonds? Are you having spinning issues?

ditto musey. I think you may be itching for a new piece altogether. Aren''t you thinking about resetting your ER diamond as well? I would just buy a round brilliant milgrained eternity band to wear with your ER. GL! be sure to keep us updated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results