shape
carat
color
clarity

Add-a-link Bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
I have searched the archives here for some info on this, and I''ve come up empty. Has anyone see the add-a-link diamond bracelets? They are made by Kasper & Esh. You can buy the bracelets one link at a time, and add them to a simple snake chain until you have built a full bracelet. I WANT ONE! As you add links, they take away some of the snake chain. Finally, after your bracelet is complete, they send it back to the factory and permanently link the bracelet together. I think this is one of the way coolest ideas I''ve ever seen! My local jeweler had dozens of different links to choose from. The diamonds are G-H VS quality diamonds. I think I''ve pretty well got my husband talked into buying a starter bracelet for our anniversary this month. It''s the perfect gift idea for the next few years or so. He can give me new links for future upcoming anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, or whenever! I hope it''s ok to post a link to a website that has some examples...I was just wondering if anyone else had one, or has seen one?

http://www.stevesfinejewelry.com/addalink.htm

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2006 2:46:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
What a FUN IDEA!! I love it :)
ME2!! i hope they come in white gold. let me know what you find out. i want one now too....lol

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Cool! Who else sells it but in white gold?

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Alexis and Jelly, they do come in white gold. My local jeweler had both.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 5:06:31 PM
Author: strmrdr
hmm I saw something like that on Winks website....
www.winkjones.com
Where? I looked on Wink''s site and couldn''t find it. Maybe I''m not looking in the right place.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2006 11:52:14 PM
Author: sipper

Date: 9/7/2006 5:06:31 PM
Author: strmrdr
hmm I saw something like that on Winks website....
www.winkjones.com
Where? I looked on Wink''s site and couldn''t find it. Maybe I''m not looking in the right place.
I could have sworn I saw it the other day but I dont see it now... maybe im remembering wrong but if someone is interested might be an idea to ask him bout it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My experience with one of these years ago is that I would have ended up paying about double what the bracelet was really worth to finish it out with all the links. I just cut my losses and left the bracelet as it was. I highly suggest saving up until you can get a whole diamond bracelet at one time.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Oh, but for me it''s not about the monetary value of the bracelet. It''s about building something. Sort of like a charm bracelet. You don''t make it so that you can get your money out of it. You make it for the sentimental value it holds. I think it would mean more to me to have a bracelet like an add-a-link that was built over time, commemorating special occasions in my life. Sure, I could just stash away the money and just buy a bracelet, but it wouldn''t have the same meaning.

Blackfox

Rough_Rock
I bought one of these for my wife a few years ago...we love it. I get a link for Christmas, birthdays and just about any time...just because. I found a great jewelry company that carries the compete line...Reid and Todd Jewelers (www.reidantodd.com). I have found that this price is only a little bit more than if I bought the entire bracelet at once...but that is not an issue because I would rather have the costs spread out and plus it is fun to give a gift of a link every so often.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
My husband did get me the add-a-link bracelet for our anniversary! He gave it to me today. I LOVE it. The diamonds are very sparkly. He gave me only two links today (to signify the "two of us") but he bought more which are currently in the vault at the jewelers. He said that I will be getting more links for Christmas and for my birthday in January. We estimate that I will only need about 8 links to complete the bracelet. This is such a cool idea.

One reason he bought so many links ahead of time is because the jeweler gave him a hefty discount for buying more than just the "starter" set. And this way, his shopping for the next little while is done where I''m concerned.
2.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh....cool...I wanna see! I love this concept!

PS- CONGRATS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results