shape
carat
color
clarity

Actress Natasha Richardson Severely Injured

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
So sad I hope she pulls through.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read on TMZ that Natasha was taken off of life support this afternoon. This according to Liz Smith. So very sad.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The reports are so conflicting...

Some say she''s brain dead, others aren''t.

My heart just breaks for her family.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I just read that she passed away. Honestly, I had almost a nervous reaction to this (I had never heard of the actress). It seems like such a complete senseless waste for anyone to lose their life like that. And even worst, because it''s pretty much a freak accident.

But I''ve been to Mount Tremblant and the beginner hills are pretty benign!!! Really! I just finished a rotation at Sacre Coeur hospital where she was first brought before being transfered to the US, so I kept picturing that it must have been chaos in the initial hours after the accident.

And I realize that I''m pretty darn lucky to have nothing more then ugly hair and some headaches once in a while.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This is so terribly sad.
8.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sad for her wonderful and very loving family.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thread jack, but Ally, I don''t know if I ever posted in your thread about your accident. I just want to tell you that I''m so glad you came through everything OK and you''re doing better.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
She died
7.gif
So sad. Reports say she was w/her 12 and 13 yr old sons Skiing

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is so sad. Very scary too.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Threadjack II, I wanted to say the same thing Ally. Glad you''re doing well.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
15.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 8:13:16 PM
Author: allycat0303
I just read that she passed away. Honestly, I had almost a nervous reaction to this (I had never heard of the actress). It seems like such a complete senseless waste for anyone to lose their life like that. And even worst, because it's pretty much a freak accident.

And I realize that I'm pretty darn lucky to have nothing more then ugly hair and some headaches once in a while.
Ditto; it is so so sad.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so incredibly sad.
7.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh no. That`s terrible.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh no. I am so sad. Just tragic, absolutely tragic.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I just heard it on TV, too. It is very upsetting. She took a minor tumble skiing and an hour later complained of a headache. Eventually she fell into coma. That is just crazy. So, so sad.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very sorry to hear this!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How tragic...her poor family.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sad...we never know when our time is going to be...she was only 45...
7.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 9:33:44 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Yes Italia..tragic indeed. Especially sad, since this tragedy could have been prevented.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/03/18/8798876-cp.html

In Canada, it's mandatory to wear a helmet while biking, playing hockey, ice skating (public arenas), baseball ,and most wear one to snowboard, ski, and skateboard as well. I guess it takes a few tragedies , to push for stricter policies, and mandate the use of helmets. (13 yr old died last month while skiing with his class in Ontario, when he hit his head, he wasn't wearing a helmet).

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yes, one sad, freak tragedy is a reason to legislate mandatory excess equipment that has not been proved (let alone standardized) to prevent said tragedy.
20.gif

The loss of this incredible woman, wife, mother, and actress will be felt by all who knew and loved her. I wish her family peace and reconciliation during this awful time.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 10:58:21 PM
Author: beau13

Yes Italia..tragic indeed. Especially sad, since this tragedy could have been prevented.

In Canada, it's mandatory to wear a helmet while biking, playing hockey, ice skating (public arenas), baseball ,and most wear one to snowboard, ski, and skateboard as well. I guess it takes a tragedy such as this, to mandate the use of helmets.
Not the time nor the place to be superior. OK?? I have no words for how you come across. Your PSA could be well intenioned, but the delivery is sooooo lacking.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
This is tragic
7.gif

I feel for her kids, mother, and husband.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
This is so sad her poor children, husband and family
7.gif
I am just so sad for them right now
7.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
This is so, so sad. My thoughts are with her family - they must be devastated.

And there is no way to know that a helmet would have prevented her death unless additional medical information is released - certain preexisting conditions or injuries to blood vessels in the neck are consistent with the circumstances that have been reported thus far.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:13:09 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 3/18/2009 10:58:21 PM

Author: beau13

In Canada, it''s mandatory to wear a helmet while biking, playing hockey, ice skating (public arenas), baseball ,and most wear one to snowboard, ski, and skateboard as well. I guess it takes a tragedy such as this, to mandate the use of helmets.
Not the time nor the place to be superior. OK?? I have no words for how you come across. Your PSA could be well intenioned, but the delivery is sooooo lacking.

Ditto Lisa, there is no proof that a helmet could have saved her.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
This is heartbreaking. My heart goes out to her family.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a horrible, tragic loss.

I was hoping that all of the conflicting reports yesterday might have meant that the severity of her injuries was being exaggerated. My heart goes out to her family.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sad....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results