shape
carat
color
clarity

Actress Natasha Richardson Severely Injured

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
British actress Natasha Richardson was severely injured in a skiing accident in Québec. She is in critical condition in a Canadian hospital with a head injury. She is the daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave; the granddaughter ofMichael Redgrave; and the niece of actors Corin Redgrave and Lynne Redgrave. She is married to actor Liam Neeson. She won a Tony award for her work in the 1998 Broadway production of "Cabaret".

article

AGBF
34.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
TMZ is reporting she has a severe brain injury and it occurred when she fell while on a green level hill.

So sad Nd scary...I hope she recovers

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I hope she recovers too.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I also hope she makes a full recovery - that whole family (the Redgraves) are so talented, and they''ve always struck me as being extremely classy and interesting.

Thoughts and prayers go out to her family at what I''m sure must be an incredibly difficult time.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is sad news. Hope she recovers, and quickly.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That is very sad news. I hope she recovers fully.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
To a swift and full recovery.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
This is horrible news. According to Perez Hilton, Time Out New York is claiming she is brain dead and not expected to survive. I can''t believe this tragedy and hope it''s not true.

http://perezhilton.com/

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
REALLY sad!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh I hope she makes it.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh god, that''s awful!
Prayers for her speedy recovery!!
17.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter and I loved her in the 1998 remake of the old Hayley Mills film, "The Parent Trap" in which she played the good mother that the girls were trying to get back together with their father (played by Dennis Quaid). My daughter was only 6 the year it was made, so we saw it on video at some point afterwards, but I remember how much we enjoyed it! I thought she was just an incredibly beautiful, talented woman!

And I hope that she will be again!

AGBF
34.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I like her, I enjoy watching her on films. I hope she recovers.

I thought she played the dad''s new girlfriend which the twins was trying to break up? My recollection not serving me well..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/17/2009 5:03:12 PM
Author: simplysplendid

I thought she played the dad''s new girlfriend which the twins was trying to break up?

No, no! The wicked Vicky is played by someone far less distinguished! Miss Richardson is very funny and charming as well as beautiful! Vicky cannot hold a candle to her!

AGBF
34.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a sad story. Several media outlets are reporting that she will be taken off of life support once her family says good-bye.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 8:27:05 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Such a sad story. Several media outlets are reporting that she will be taken off of life support once her family says good-bye.
39.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 8:50:00 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 3/17/2009 8:27:05 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

39.gif

7.gif
That is so terribly sad.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif
This whole story just makes me want to cry...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking the other day that it''d been a long time since a shocking, untimely celebrity death. Princess Di ... John F. Kennedy Jr. ... River Phoenix type of deal. I guess Heath Ledger counts. And that plane crash with the DJ & musician (both survived) but this is so sad. I hope for the best for her & her family.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
This is just awful. I''m stunned that something so simple -- something that probably happens all the time to people -- can result in a condition so devastating. And yet, I shouldn''t be shocked; a good friend lost her teenage son from exactly the same kind of head trauma, now that I think about it.

I feel such sadness for her family.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This was the report approximately 4 hours ago.

"One doctor said she was most likely suffering from a blood clot on the brain, while another said her condition could be “talk and die syndrome”, where a person at first seems unharmed by an impact but later suffers a rapid collection of blood between the skull and the brain. "

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am praying for you and your family Natasha.
emrose.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
That is awful!

I have to wonder whether it was the fall that caused the problem or whether it was a problem that caused her to fall and then later fully manifested itself. I can''t imagine anyone getting a severe head injury as a result of tipping over on a bunny trail during a private lesson. [This is my professional opinion having been a ski instructor for many years].

I also say this because my cousin''s daughter had something that appears as though it could be similar happen [at age 16]. She was on a ski vacation with friends, got back to the hotel, felt ill, got helicoptered to the main hospital and never regained consciousness. She was gone within 48 hours [after being taken off life support]. It wound up having been some congenital abnormality in the brain that resulted in some kind of aneurism.

Let''s hope for the best in this case.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my best Dr. House impression, I thought of the possibility of a preexisting undiagnosed aneurysm. It could have been weakening over time and then with the fall and associated swelling (it doesn''t take a lot to give yourself a concussion), it could have ruptured.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also wondering if it was a pre - existing condition which made itself known due to the fall. Poor lady, I hope she can recover from this.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perezhilton is reporting that doctors say she''s leaking blood between her brain and skill and is, in fact, brain dead.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not usually obsessed with "celebrities", with people in the entertainment industry. I do not know why this story about this actress grabbed me as it did, but I have been searching the 'net obsessively for "new" news. I had recently been heartened to read that Miss Richardson was receiving "treatment" at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York. It sounded as if people were backing off earlier reports about her being "brain dead".

I hope that all that talk was just hysteria. I have not had the time for introspection. I know that there is a reason that I am taking this so personally. It is a little crazy. I am really rooting for her her. I keep thinking of our Ally, though.

AGBF
34.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
My grandmother died this way - she was on her porch swing when it fell. Apparently she hit her head, but the doctors were more worried about potential broken bones, etc. There were none. She was on blood thinners, and turns out she must have hit her head, because her brain was bleeding and nobody knew. She was on life support within 8 hours. We pulled the plug later that night.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
A good friend of mine''s father passed away this same way--subdural hematoma. So sad.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results