shape
carat
color
clarity

Activities on Moorea

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I felt like a threadjacker (sorry SLG47) but really enjoyed hearing the things to do there.

If anyone that posted before wouldn't mind letting me know more about their trip to Moorea. Thing to do, see, eat, I'd really appreciate it. The few I've read so far have definitely made me more excited about our upcoming trip there.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh, yes, and I even remembered seeing all the information there. Thanks for giving me the link here so that I can keep it for reference! :)

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I spent most of my time in French Polynesia on Bora Bora, but I did spend a little bit of time on Moorea. (We rented a tiny french automobile, and as my companion had become violently ill on the boat over, it shall always be in my memory and personal history as the place where I learned how to drive a stick! :praise: )

No restaurants stand out in my memory, but my tip would be that the meats are imported and of poor quality at the dining spots there, so you *definitely* want to go with the fresh, local fish. The other tip which comes to mind is to just always keep your snorkel gear with you while there, because just pulling off the road and going in an appealing looking spot is one of the greatest pleasures of a trip there. (Pack twice as many bikinis and half as many undies.) I regretfully did not make note of any of the beach names, I'm afraid. The triggerfish look like the tame ones in Hawaii, but their Tahitian cousins in the lagoons of Moorea are AGGRESSIVE and will come after you-- my then-boyfriend left with "fish hickeys" on his chest! Also make sure you pick up some reefwalkers before you go to protect the soles of your feet.

There's a small road at at the head of Opunohu Bay which goes up to the Belvedere, and it has a spectacular view of both Cooks Bay and Opunohu Bay with the jagged sawtooth mountains in between. Hard not to think of the area's history, and remember your Melville, while up there.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for this information! Good tips on what to remember.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results