shape
carat
color
clarity

ACS Lavender Spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I just bought this for my old ering setting. I hope it fits (5.8mm for a 6mm setting).

Info:

SP-1081 Spinel(J) .95ct., 5.8mm round brilliant[Gec]. This Tunduru spinel is a medium/light pinkish lavender and exhibits dispersion. Flawless at 10x. BB

Picture:

ACS Lavender Spinel 0.95ct.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Does anyone know why it looks dark around the edges? Will it appear that way IRL? Thanks for looking
35.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thats a very pretty color and a nice cut too. I bet it will fit into the setting. One thing about those spinels with a little purple ( lavender ) or blue is that some of them really shift color a lot. You don''t see it with the pure pinks and reds for some reason. They must be lacking the mineral that does it. It''s something that has always bothered me but some people really love it. Not a negative thing just something strange and unusual about certain types spinels. I guess I mentioned it because I think thats going to be a shifter :)

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks, innerkitten

I think that color shifting appeals to me, I''ll have to wait and see when I get the stone (depends on customs, ugh)!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Where are you?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m in Canada
1.gif

I just got an email from Barry (who is super nice) and he said this is one of the brightest stones he has in the Feb bunch, and he''s surprised it didn''t sell very quick!

Now I''m super excited, and he sent it with a display ring
36.gif
I''ll have to get camera batteries!

I''m very impressed with ACS, I ordered the stone last night around 8pm and Barry responded within a couple of hours and sent the stone this am!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shimmer, I can''t wait to see that spinel. It looks really brilliant and a real sparkler. I bet it will be gorgeous. Please take a lot of pictures.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love that color. I think it''s going to be a sparkler. BB is awsome and so sweet!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I bet it will get there fast. Barry is a real sweetheart, and I'm surprised with him that it's taken so long for it to be picked up. Gorgeous stone! I can't wait to see pics!

ETA: the dark edges are just facets that aren't reflecting light at that particular angle. I bought the one next to it, and it doesn't look like that particular picture all of the time. Nothing to worry about there!
3.gif
I really can't wait to see it.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh, everything takes a little bit longer to get there. Make sure you post pics when you get it!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/12/2009 11:44:02 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Yay! I bet it will get there fast. Barry is a real sweetheart, and I''m surprised with him that it''s taken so long for it to be picked up. Gorgeous stone! I can''t wait to see pics!

ETA: the dark edges are just facets that aren''t reflecting light at that particular angle. I bought the one next to it, and it doesn''t look like that particular picture all of the time. Nothing to worry about there!
3.gif
I really can''t wait to see it.

Ooh, I love the stone next to it!! Did you post pics?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful!!! I can''t wait to see more pics of it!

I went back and checked Barry''s Feb inventory, and unsurprisingly, almost all of it was sold by now
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
EDIT: Sorry double post

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a beauty! Would love to see some IRL shots when you get it!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty--please post many pics!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks very lively indeed, can''t wait for your pics.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah Shimmer! I was considering this one and was too very surprised that it was available so long. I only decided not to get it because I ordered the garnet from Gene instead. I will be very interested to see your photos!

Congrats!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:02:36 PM
Author: shimmer
Date: 2/12/2009 11:44:02 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Yay! I bet it will get there fast. Barry is a real sweetheart, and I''m surprised with him that it''s taken so long for it to be picked up. Gorgeous stone! I can''t wait to see pics!

ETA: the dark edges are just facets that aren''t reflecting light at that particular angle. I bought the one next to it, and it doesn''t look like that particular picture all of the time. Nothing to worry about there!
3.gif
I really can''t wait to see it.
Ooh, I love the stone next to it!! Did you post pics?
Only a couple. I only took a couple though. Posted here and it was at night and under halogens and they don''t do a great job of showing off the color. It is the most delicate and feminine stone I''ve got. I love it though!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME COLOR....LOVE THOSE FACETS, TOO!!!

Lori

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful - I love the color
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can already see the dispersion in that picture, I see some orange peeking through.
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a very sparkly stone. I love the color.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Can''t wait to see your pics!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Shimmer, I think the color on this spinel is fabulous, and it looks like it will be a sparkle bomb! Can''t wait to see it in pictures, charge up your camera!
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love that one. I can''t wait to see more pics

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ITs HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven''t seen it yet though, FI called to let me know it arrived (I''m at work). Stay tuned for pics tonight!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
TELL HIM TO TAKE PICS AND POST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!

3.gif
9.gif
31.gif
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
PICTURES
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
AHHH HA HA! You guys are so funny. I don''t even think he''s opened it! I''ll tell him to get the camera and tripod ready...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! While you''re at it, tell him to get you something nice. (I like to add this in to stuff when I ask FI to do things for me.)

Sooo...about what time do you get home?
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results