shape
carat
color
clarity

ACS is open!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:28:37 PM
Author: mochi
Date: 2/2/2009 12:40:15 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

Mochi,

I hope that you weren't set on that stone. Part of me loves to have a community that loves stones, yet I feel bad when we want the same thing. You have some very pretty stones. I love that tourmaline you bought. The blue is to die for. I looked at it, but I am trying to stick to my small stone project right now. I think one more and I will be ready to find someone to set them.

Here is a pic of the sapphire for reference.

I love all the stones everyone has got so far. Can't wait to see real life pics.

Noooo....I'm glad someone on PS got the stones because that usually means there are going to be alot of pictures posted!!
36.gif
36.gif
I'm into blue's right now, don't know why!

BEG... I did get the chysoberyl. That was pure impulse buying.
32.gif

I'm just excited that we all got to get something and that we're going to be able to share the pictures!!

Woohoo! Your other chrysoberyl will have a friend!
1.gif

EDIT: That was my 1000th post!!!
32.gif

2.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Would one of you lucky owners of gorgeous new gems please clue in the newbie-what is ACS? I want to browse!

One more acronym question-LOGR?

Thanks for the Cliff''s Notes!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acstones.com

Lord Of Gem Rings (an ebay seller of inexpensive ring and pendant mounts)

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 11:32:01 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Acstones.com

Lord Of Gem Rings (an ebay seller of inexpensive ring and pendant mounts)

Thanks, TL.
26.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My sapphire just arrived!!! I am going to attempt to take some photos.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Can''t wait for the pictures!!
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochi,
I''m still waiting on pics of your stones, especially that blue/green tourmaline - yum yum.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Barry mailed the package yesterday, so I should be getting it Saturday?!?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
He mailed mine on Tuesday, and I got it today....but I only live 3 hrs from Yuma. My BF has been laughing at the fact that I am buying gems from his hometown.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I use to live in Phoenix, but now in Florida. Maybe I''ll get it tomorrow if I''m lucky!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Mochi I hope you get yours soon! I want to see more pics of that tourmaline. The more I see it on your avatar, the more I want one that color too! PS is SO bad for my bank account...

I don''t get mine until Monday, since I won''t be home until Sunday and the valet''s closed on Sundays
7.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OH NOOO!! The weekend is going to be toooooo long if we have to wait for our stones!! Especially when you haven't told us what you are getting!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:40:09 PM
OH NOOO!! The weekend is going to be toooooo long if we have to wait for our stones!! Especially when you haven''t told us what you are getting!!

11.gif

9.gif

Like I mentioned...two are from Barry. One from his new inventory. One not on his site. My third stone is from Dan.
9.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I don''t recall you mentioning anything about Dan.... you rascal!!
6.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:02:56 AM
6.gif

2.gif

Just something small
9.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:01:23 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 2/6/2009 12:02:56 AM
6.gif

2.gif

Just something small
9.gif

Fess up! What did you get?
11.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEG, you terrible tease. I''m almost tempted to tell them what you got...

...in the meantime I''m considering posting what I got in the mail from Barry today...

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Freke... would love to see pictures... please don''t make me beg, it''s not pretty!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 2:35:46 AM
Author: FrekeChild
BEG, you terrible tease. I''m almost tempted to tell them what you got...

...in the meantime I''m considering posting what I got in the mail from Barry today...

Oh come on, I finally took pics of my spinal. Its only fair you return the favor.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, ok!!!

.65 pinky-lavender spinel

IMG_3446 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was hard to not get little sparks of fire from this baby. It''s probably the most delicate, feminine stone I''ve ever seen. I love it, but have no idea what to do with it. Oh, and it looks like the little sister to my other pink spinel from Dan...

IMG_3451 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_3455 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
These were taken at night under halogens btw...

IMG_3456 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry they are both dirty! You can see the size difference here. The pink is just a tiny bit more than half the size of my ering.

Hi, my name is Liz and I''m addicted to spinel...

IMG_3457 freke.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I guessed right!

It is very pretty, and it does have a ton of sparkle. Are you going to set it or put it in a box?

ETA: Spinal is a not a bad stone to be addicted to, I am addicted to sapphires....that is a bit of a more costly addiction. But the blue in your ring is gorgeous. I feel like every-time I see a pic of it, it is a different color.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol, yeah you did! I think I''ll set it eventually. It''s pretty tiny, but it packs a punch in the sparkle department. If I had a third one that was about this size, I could have a three stone baby pink spinel ring.
3.gif

Thanks for the compliments on my ering! I went to the jeweler the other day and chatted with the benchman for a while about a reset. I think we''ll be doing one when FI gets paid again. He was super interested in the stone and thought it was fascinating. (He also thought that the setting job was fascinating too, but that''s another story...)

I need to get some really good pics of it under fluorescent lights when it''s the purplest. None of the ones I have match up to the almost amethyst color that comes out...

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s cute!! I see a lavender, pink, a bit of blue all wrapped around in silver. So sparkly!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Freke that''s such a pretty color! It looks like it has SO much life! I can''t wait until you get it set, and get your ering reset!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 2:35:46 AM
Author: FrekeChild
BEG, you terrible tease. I'm almost tempted to tell them what you got...

...in the meantime I'm considering posting what I got in the mail from Barry today...

2.gif

A couple more days!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results