shape
carat
color
clarity

ACS is open!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 3:37:28 PM
Author: platinumrock
What about this?
11.gif
31.gif

It''s a 2.86 Tanga in a square cushion. It''s still available!
I thought about it, but I think it''s going to be too dark. The umbalite was lighter and brighter. Tangas and umbalites, are really rhodolites with a smattering of other garnet species in them, so I always look for the umbalites because they tend to be brighter. However, the oval Tanga you posted is gorgeous and if it were a cushion, I would have snagged it up in a heartbeat.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 3:39:54 PM
Author: mochi

Funny you mention this. I wrote to Gene yesterday to get the stats on the Chrysoberyl because it''s not on the his web site. He wrote back and stated he had to take it down because he was getting inquires on it everyday. I think that''s so funny.

Do you thing this cushion will work on the LOGR setting? It''s a cushion 7.6 tanga.
That is too funny. It''s one thing to have asscher, but to have an asscher in a rare and beautiful color is simply splendid.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 3:40:06 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 2/1/2009 3:37:28 PM
Author: platinumrock
What about this?
11.gif
31.gif

It's a 2.86 Tanga in a square cushion. It's still available!
I thought about it, but I think it's going to be too dark. The umbalite was lighter and brighter. Tangas and umbalites, are really rhodolites with a smattering of other garnet species in them, so I always look for the umbalites because they tend to be brighter. However, the oval Tanga you posted is gorgeous and if it were a cushion, I would have snagged it up in a heartbeat.
TL I may be wrong but that Tanga is almost exactly the same as my Umba which is in the LOGR Legacyesque. Strangely although it had/has some areas of extinction, in the setting it absolutely comes alive.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 3:46:00 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

TL I may be wrong but that Tanga is almost exactly the same as my Umba which is in the LOGR Legacyesque. Strangely although it had/has some areas of extinction, in the setting it absolutely comes alive.
I want something more pink though, like the Tanga oval that PR is drooling over.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''ve missed out on a several stones lately so I made my move quickly this time
2.gif
I bought a small round Umba Garnet from Barry recently and loved the pink color of it so when I saw this I knew I had to have it. I''ve been in a crazy search for that perfect pink stone lately which I''m finding is not easy! I''ll try to take pictures when I get it.

TL, I also bought that pink garnet from Gene''s site then was told it was already sold
39.gif
Maybe you can ask him to cut you one? Or does he not have anymore rough? That looked to be a beautiful stone, I was hoping a PSer bought it so I can see what it looks like IRL.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 4:22:21 PM
Author: Babyblue033
I''ve missed out on a several stones lately so I made my move quickly this time
2.gif
I bought a small round Umba Garnet from Barry recently and loved the pink color of it so when I saw this I knew I had to have it. I''ve been in a crazy search for that perfect pink stone lately which I''m finding is not easy! I''ll try to take pictures when I get it.

TL, I also bought that pink garnet from Gene''s site then was told it was already sold
39.gif
Maybe you can ask him to cut you one? Or does he not have anymore rough? That looked to be a beautiful stone, I was hoping a PSer bought it so I can see what it looks like IRL.
I did ask Gene, but I don''t think he has doesn''t have any rough that would accomodate a cushion for the time being. Someone else feel free to ask him though because I don''t want to be wrong, but that was the impression I got. He did post a beautiful umbalite round with a star cut though. I just wish it was a cushion!
emcry.gif

Congratulations on your umbalite purchase, I can''t wait to see pics.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:41:45 PM
My pretty
9.gif
That was my favourite too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I bought something! Well two things...one from his new inventory, and one that''s not listed on the website. But I think I may keep it to myself for now (what they are)....

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone bought the Tanga afterall!!! Hmmmm BEG, was it you???

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:33:44 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Someone bought the Tanga afterall!!! Hmmmm BEG, was it you???

20.gif

But nope, not that one.
27.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OK..BEG.... what did you get??

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:10:35 PM
Author: mochi
OK..BEG.... what did you get??

Mochi! Is that the blue oval from Barry''s inventory? I wasn''t sure if you had gotten it or not - it''s beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deedaa

Rough_Rock
I confess, I bought the Tanga. I couldn''t resist the description stating it was quite red. I''ve been desperate for something like this for a LOGR legacy. I hope it is not too dark, but I''m sure it will be fine for what I''m after.

Given my red spinel saga (which has been put back in the drawer again for the moment) I need a red(ish) stone. I love red.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Deeda, I''m sure you''ll love it. I was just looking for a pinker stone.

What is the stone in your avitar? It''s beautiful.

Deedaa

Rough_Rock
The one in my avitar is a 2ct 8mm mozy tourmaline also cut by Barry. There is a couple of photos of it in the eyecandy thread in a LOGR setting (which I think you might have commented on there). It is pink, so I was going for red :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:41:45 PM
My pretty
9.gif
I was wondering who would grab this up - this was one of the garnets Barry was nice enough to cut for me when I was shopping for my cushion recently.
I''m sure you''ll love it babyblue!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 12:35:51 AM
Author: Deedaa
The one in my avitar is a 2ct 8mm mozy tourmaline also cut by Barry. There is a couple of photos of it in the eyecandy thread in a LOGR setting (which I think you might have commented on there). It is pink, so I was going for red :)
Oh yes, I remember. I got confused because it looked oval in your avitar, and it''s a round. I loved that ring.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that is Barry''s tourmaline.

I''m so happy that someone from PS got that tanga!!
9.gif
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochi,
I'm so happy that YOU got that blue/green tourmaline because I know you'll post a lot of pics!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
LOL!! I love to share and I love more to see other''s treasures! I''m really looking forward to BB''s gems since I have heard such rave''s.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Mochi,

I hope that you weren''t set on that stone. Part of me loves to have a community that loves stones, yet I feel bad when we want the same thing. You have some very pretty stones. I love that tourmaline you bought. The blue is to die for. I looked at it, but I am trying to stick to my small stone project right now. I think one more and I will be ready to find someone to set them.

Here is a pic of the sapphire for reference.

I love all the stones everyone has got so far. Can''t wait to see real life pics.

s-1994g_2_general.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:13:20 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
I bought something! Well two things...one from his new inventory, and one that''s not listed on the website. But I think I may keep it to myself for now (what they are)....

Oh this is killing me....I want to know what you got

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what BEG got, and I''m not going to share. Lalalalala!!!!

I got something small as well.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 11:05:30 PM
Author: Deedaa
I confess, I bought the Tanga. I couldn''t resist the description stating it was quite red. I''ve been desperate for something like this for a LOGR legacy. I hope it is not too dark, but I''m sure it will be fine for what I''m after.

Given my red spinel saga (which has been put back in the drawer again for the moment) I need a red(ish) stone. I love red.

That looks like a beautiful stone! I can''t wait to see your pics of it!

Mochi, did you buy the chrysoberyl too? I was really torn between those yellow gems, and then ironically didn''t even end up getting anything yellow

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 12:40:15 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Mochi,

I hope that you weren''t set on that stone. Part of me loves to have a community that loves stones, yet I feel bad when we want the same thing. You have some very pretty stones. I love that tourmaline you bought. The blue is to die for. I looked at it, but I am trying to stick to my small stone project right now. I think one more and I will be ready to find someone to set them.

I love all the stones everyone has got so far. Can''t wait to see real life pics.

I know what you mean, LtlFirecracker. And we on PS obviously have fantastic taste
2.gif
that leads up to the same stones! Beautiful stone by the way - this is the Montana sapphire right? I loved the color - I was so sad to see it sold so soon (but so glad it went to you, dear!!)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 2:45:00 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I know what BEG got, and I'm not going to share. Lalalalala!!!!

I got something small as well.

Hahahaha Freke you're mean!
3.gif
Are you going to leave everyone guessing about what you got too?
1.gif

So I ended up getting three things yesterday! Two from Barry, one from Dan.
27.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course I am!

I''m not one to give away my secrets that easily!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy, it looks like we will have to wait until the end of the week to find out what Freke and BEG got....my stone isn''t even shipping until tomorrow.

BEG: I did jump on it, I was a bad girl...I bought it while I was working :). But I usually am not doing nothing at noon. The last 2 months have been lucky. I plan on having a photo shoot with the 2 stones I bought last month. I am out of town and get home later this week. This will be a great present to come home to after being gone for a month.

Freke, I am wondering if you got the pink/lavender spinal?? I know you will keep me guessing.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 12:40:15 PM
Mochi,

Noooo....I''m glad someone on PS got the stones because that usually means there are going to be alot of pictures posted!!
36.gif
36.gif
I''m into blue''s right now, don''t know why!

BEG... I did get the chysoberyl. That was pure impulse buying.
32.gif

I''m just excited that we all got to get something and that we''re going to be able to share the pictures!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:30:26 PM
Oh boy, it looks like we will have to wait until the end of the week to find out what Freke and BEG got....my stone isn''t even shipping until tomorrow.

BEG: I did jump on it, I was a bad girl...I bought it while I was working :). But I usually am not doing nothing at noon. The last 2 months have been lucky. I plan on having a photo shoot with the 2 stones I bought last month. I am out of town and get home later this week. This will be a great present to come home to after being gone for a month.

Freke, I am wondering if you got the pink/lavender spinal?? I know you will keep me guessing.

Haha well it was meant to be that the sapphire went to you, since the timing worked out so perfectly! I can''t wait to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results