shape
carat
color
clarity

ACS Greenish-blue tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Mochi you lucky lady, I am sooooo jealous! It''s beautiful - I love that color! How are you setting it?

Oh I just saw that this is your first Barry stone - what a perfect one to start with!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
akmiss and chrono: Thank you. I always thought that a bit of bowtie was a given so I was very surprised when I received this stone. It''s absolutely a beautiful stone, if I may say so myself!

Beg: Thank you... and I have no idea what I''m going to do with this stone. It will probably be a ring so that I can look at it when I want!
31.gif

I''m still waiting for your goodies to be posted..HELLO!!
35.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
What a baby! Lucky you!
36.gif
What's the plan for setting? I agree with you about turning it into a ring part - that's how I felt with my stones too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 11:08:32 PM
Author: mochi
akmiss and chrono: Thank you. I always thought that a bit of bowtie was a given so I was very surprised when I received this stone. It's absolutely a beautiful stone, if I may say so myself!

Beg: Thank you... and I have no idea what I'm going to do with this stone. It will probably be a ring so that I can look at it when I want!
31.gif

I'm still waiting for your goodies to be posted..HELLO!!
35.gif

Absolutely a ring! I would be totally mesmerized every time I looked at it!
1.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That is just beautiful!
36.gif
Love the color and the cut is gorgeous - congrats!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I would do something simple for this one so that the cut gets the center of attention. Maybe even a simple solitaire, or a split shank ring. And when it comes to metal color, you can go with white or yellow, which ever you prefer - it''s because this stone will look more green in certain lighting conditions and more blue in others. I''m only not sure about rose gold, cause it might overpower the stone''s color.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 1:47:36 AM
Author: yingh
What a baby! Lucky you!
36.gif
What''s the plan for setting? I agree with you about turning it into a ring part - that''s how I felt with my stones too!

Oh, not sure yet about the type of setting. But definitely a ring. I want to gaze at it when I''m on the computer and show it off!!
41.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 2:05:00 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

akmiss and chrono: Thank you. I always thought that a bit of bowtie was a given so I was very surprised when I received this stone. It''s absolutely a beautiful stone, if I may say so myself!

Beg: Thank you... and I have no idea what I''m going to do with this stone. It will probably be a ring so that I can look at it when I want!
31.gif

35.gif

1.gif
Definitely
9.gif

I can''t wait for you to get your gems.. BEG... Maybe tomorrow??

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 3:19:00 AM
Author: ma re
I would do something simple for this one so that the cut gets the center of attention. Maybe even a simple solitaire, or a split shank ring. And when it comes to metal color, you can go with white or yellow, which ever you prefer - it''s because this stone will look more green in certain lighting conditions and more blue in others. I''m only not sure about rose gold, cause it might overpower the stone''s color.
Thank you, Mr. Ma re!!

I think a yellow gold would make the stone "POP". I do love the idea of a split shank. I don''t think I want any other diamonds that will compete with this particular stone.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 10:19:57 AM
Date: 2/8/2009 2:05:00 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

31.gif

35.gif

1.gif

Definitely
9.gif

I can''t wait for you to get your gems.. BEG... Maybe tomorrow??

I think so. There''s a chance one or two may be in my mailbox today when I get back...depends on the packaging...but for sure, it''s got to be tomorrow. Chicago mail is slow, but not THAT slow (fingers crossed!)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 10:25:36 AM
Date: 2/8/2009 3:19:00 AM

Author: ma re

Thank you, Mr. Ma re!!

I think a yellow gold would make the stone ''POP''. I do love the idea of a split shank. I don''t think I want any other diamonds that will compete with this particular stone.

A split shank would be sooo pretty with this stone! And yeah, the yellow gold would definitely contrast well with the blue
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I need more money! I love colored stones! Yours is just gorgeous!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Some pictures taken in the sun yesterday...

SSCN2628.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN2629.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN2630.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN2631.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock

SSCN2632.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

SSCN2633.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

SSCN2634.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
In full sun

SSCN2635.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
another..

SSCN2636.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

SSCN2637.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow it looks incredible Mochi! Such a beautiful blue color!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Mochi, I really love the new pics. It''s so much fun looking at your posts. Beautiful beautiful tourmaline!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 1:57:13 PM
Author: Kelli
I need more money! I love colored stones! Yours is just gorgeous!

Aww..thank you Kelli! I''m just getting started, my poor, poor hubby!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Beg and TL. I love taking pictures, another one of my hobbies, I guess. My husband use to take professional pictures (sports, events, and weddings) but he injured his shoulder and isn''t able to do that anymore. I just use my auto focus Nikon...

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
It was such a treat to come back and find more pictures! So yummy, minty!!!

Split shank will be very nice! Are you sure about yellow gold? The green is minty and not the intense kind, yellow gold might be too strong. I personally think this baby works better with white gold - my 2 cents.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m not sure... I''m so confused!!
8.gif

I need to look up some pictures, I think..
38.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:16:19 AM
Author: yingh

Are you sure about yellow gold? The green is minty and not the intense kind, yellow gold might be too strong. I personally think this baby works better with white gold - my 2 cents.
I thought of that too and if it were a straight shade of either green or blue I''d agree, but since this one is on the edge between colors I think neiter gold choice would be a disaster. White sure would be better for such a pastel color, but yellow could also work to accentuate that shifting of colors IMO. I guess it depends what look you''d like to achieve.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mochi,
Could you do me a huge favor and take a pic of this in your big 8x8 LOGR (will it fit??). Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results