shape
carat
color
clarity

Acquired Vintage Masonic Mans ring w/Emerald, Appraisal Buffs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I recently aquired a vintage Masonic mans ring from a woman who was in need of some financial aid and had no use for this ring.
It belonged to her Great grandafather and was passed down to her Grand-father and finally on to her father who died about 10 years ago.
Her father was born in 1933 and was given this ring by his father in his 20''s. This is all the history I have on this piece. The previous owner wanted someone who would wear this ring and cherish and I promised her I would...

The reason I like it is because it is unique to my eyes. I like the small emerald which seems to display good color and enjoy the style and character of the ring. It is worn, but is in good condition. Some of the detail in the ring has worn from years of service, but I thought I would show you guys.

I would like some of the appraisers on the forum input on the history of some masonic rings and what some of the symbols on this ring might represent.
It looks like a mermaid and in her right hand it looks like a piece of a net. I tried to get detailed photos. I like the vintage look and shape of the band.
On the other side their seems to be a bird or (Phoenix). Bottom Line I thought it was a neat ring. Looking forward to everyones input.
37.gif

JMR_0870.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

JMR_0874.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

JMR_0878.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

JMR_0880.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

JMR_0882.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

JMR_0883.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

JMR_0885.jpg

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say that the emerald is just stunning. It is sooooo green and clear! Congrats on your newly acquired ring.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
altho I know nothing about masonic rings...it is truly a very unique piece and the emerald is gorgeous.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That is wicked cool! I love the design, and that emerald is beautiful.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Is that his name carved on the face of the ring?

I think this is a gorgeous ring. Its obvious that someone had loved it for a long time. I love how the mermaid and the phoenix meet to make the band of this ring. From symbology point of view, mermaid and phoenix represent something, maybe you can look it up. Love that emerald. I feel that the whole ring has a story in it. Every symbol there including the emerald is there for a reason, to tell a story of the bearer, perhaps?

36.gif

iota

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That''s beautiful... what a ring! I can''t imagine the story it holds...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
really cool. would love to know the story behind all the symbols

iota

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I guess no one''s been able to decipher it for you, eh?

Maybe bring it to a Masonic temple. Maybe they''ll tell you a little something about it. I''m still interested in knowing.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, really neat!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Would love to hear about the symbols, too. That ring is really interesting!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I am not going to be of help for you, however, I just wanted to say that you have a very nice treasure there with that ring! The color of the emerald is beautiful and it is soooo clear!! Great find!

DiamondRascal

Rough_Rock
You def. have a fantastic, and old, masonic ring there! Coming from a masonic family I can give you a little bit of background on your ring
1.gif
It is important to remember that everything in Masonry is symbolic and has a strongly attached meaning. The pheonix, the compass, even the choice to use an emerald was done for a specific reason. These symbols all have meaning to Masons and this particular Mason has chosen to display them on his ring because they are important to him. Howevere there is one symbol that you will always find on a Masonic ring, a universal symbol of Masonry, which is the compass. I can tell you that the letters on the face "S O H" stand for Swords Of Honor. It would help if there were a lodge number somewhere on the ring. Havin that, you would be able to do a quick google search to find out more about his specific lodge. Judging by the appearance of this ring, it is pretty old. I haven''t even seen one quite like it before. Every one that I''ve seen almost tends to look like a classring or typical mens ring with symbols on it. You can google around to find out more background on the symbols used on your new ring. I''m sure it has quite a fantastic history!! Hope I helped a little
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

DiamondRascal

Rough_Rock
Just a quick after thought: Last year I visited the Grand Lodge in Philadeplhia PA and they had some pretty old Masonic items..even things that had belonged to George Washington. It might be of use to call them up and ask if you could email them pictures of the ring to get their feedback. I''m sure they''d be willing to help!
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very cool piece of history CGN! I really like it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results