shape
carat
color
clarity

Acinom's Adventures - 2016 edition

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Acinom! That garnet looks so amazing. The cutting! I have a sunstone iolite too and will have to figure out what to do with it. Great inspiration from Lovedogs!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkieb: thank you! I am super curious to see what Alistair comes up with as ideas for the orher rings. I love his style.

Lovedogs: so glad you are thrilled with your ring. It's sooo beautiful. What an elegant and sophisticated design. Would love to see more pics :appl:

ilovegemstones: thank you for your kind words. Have you posted your Sunstone iolite anywhere? If not: I would love to see your pics :naughty: Would love to see how you will set it.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
lovedogs|1459358581|4013174 said:
ricezo|1459331685|4013027 said:
Acinom|1459289970|4012769 said:
My Australian black opal will also be set by Alistair. I am expecting drawings for the Sunstone Iolite and the opal soon.

I love your opal! Where is it from?

This isn't your iolite is it?

This is my iolite ring from AK. He did an incredible job--the ring is so solid-feeling, but light at the same time. Kind of hard to describe, but one of the most comfortable rings I own. I typically prefer more ornate settings, but the way he makes metal "flow" is incredible and makes me adore his designs. I can't wait to work with him again, and until I can I get to live vicariously through Acinom! :)

Apologies lovedogs! Your ring is amazing! I'm off to stalk the other thread!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy that you started a new thread for your current adventures, Acinom! :) That purple garnet looks amazing, it will go so well with your skin tone too!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you for your kind words Mochiko :wavey:

This morning I received a very rough concept drawing for the Sunstone Iolite setting.
I love his idea for the setting and decided to go for it. The outer bezel will be scaled by Alistair during the creation process.

I love that this design is so different from what I currently have. I love the sophistication of this design. I could never have imagined a setting like this.

_2739.jpeg

_86.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
What a cool ring design! I love AK's modern aesthetics.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the new gems and your plans for them Acinom. The purple garnet is special- I just love the color, cutting and shape. Gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN said:
I love all the new gems and your plans for them Acinom. The purple garnet is special- I just love the color, cutting and shape. Gorgeous!

Thank you LisaRN :wavey:

Lovinggems said:
What a cool ring design! I love AK's modern aesthetics.

Thank you! I am happy with the design. I love how AK creates very classic wedding and engagementrings, as well as unique and modern rings.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, here is a picture of my sunstone iolite. It is Brad's picture as you can probably tell! It is a beautiful stone. I won't be setting any more stones for a while but I imagine this as a ring.

downloadfile-1.gif

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty ilovegemstones :love: :love: :love:
I love the elongated oval shape. What are the dimensions? And do you have your own pics as well. Is Brad's photography accurate for these particular stones?

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is 3.51 ct and 14.1 mm long. I sent quite a few stones away to be set one day and am having them returned because it is not a good time for me financially to set stones right now. So it will be coming back in a week or so!

Brad's pics of it were very accurate. I also bought a covellite quartz from him around the same time and the pics of that stone were very accurate too. He is an amazing gemstone seller to work with!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful stone ilovegemstones. I feel more assured now about my own stone. Brad is indeed really nice to work with.

My Victor Canera Electric Blue Topaz ring is here!!
It's great to see the setting and Doug Menadue's Topaz in real life.
Today I made some groupshots of my Victor Canera ring collection.

_3011.jpeg

_3012.jpeg

_3013.jpeg

_3014.jpeg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
STUNNING!!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Victor's rings :clap: :clap: :clap:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your beautiful ring and collections. They are marvelous.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the eye candy in this thread, gorgeous gorgeous stones!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The garnet and the topaz are amazing. Thank you for sharing your collection! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The Caribbean Sea right on your fingers. Beautiful photos Acinom. :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Love the group shots!! Can't wait to see some with your beautiful purple garnet too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words diadiva, arkieb, moneymeister, theredspinel, derbygal, lovinggems, siameseroo, :wavey:

Today I experimented with a rose band. I wear the ring as a standalone though.

_3096.jpeg

_3097.jpeg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a gorgeous ring Acinom, such a beautiful design, I think you've made perfect choices.
I truly love all of those rings in your earlier photos. I don't know how you choose which one to wear next!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom, please can I see a 'whole jewellry collection' pic.... I think I'd die! (But it would be so worth it :lol: )

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
theredspinel said:
Acinom, please can I see a 'whole jewellry collection' pic.... I think I'd die! (But it would be so worth it :lol: )

Yes!! A shot of the WHOLE family! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you hounddog. That's super kind of you. I enjoy all my PS pieces and I feel fortunate to be able to translate all the knowledge and inspiration here into pieces, created by talented designers.

theredspinel & VirginiaZee: happy to oblige! Dk just urged me to make some groupshots as well.
It was a very sunny day here. The sun was so bright I could hardly see what I was doing. 8-)

Here are some group pics (and I'll promise to clean my rings next time I photograph them):

_3128.jpeg

_3129.jpeg

_3130.jpeg

_3131.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The complete PS collection:

_3132.jpeg

_3133.jpeg

_3134.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Co-ordinating colors:

_3135.jpeg

_3136.jpeg

_3137.jpeg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:shock: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Now that's out the way :lol: what stone is that big GORGEOUS green one. The more cushioney one as a posed to the longer rectangular green ring....

You have such cool rings!!!! Do you wear any other jewellry, earrings, pendants etc?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grand Finale

_3138.jpeg

_3139.jpeg

_3140.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel|1460907532|4020434 said:
:shock: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Now that's out the way :lol: what stone is that big GORGEOUS green one. The more cushioney one as a posed to the longer rectangular green ring....

You have such cool rings!!!! Do you wear any other jewellry, earrings, pendants etc?

Thank you theredspinel :wavey:
The large faceted green (below left in the green pic) is a blue-green Afghan tourmaline. It has been cut by Gene Flannigan of Precision Gem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results