shape
carat
color
clarity

Accommodation Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If anyone has block-booked hotels early on, make sure to check your reservation regularly.

I rang up today to give the guests names to a hotel I booked last June and they had given all the rooms away!
29.gif

I am SO ANGRY!

It''s a tiny village and the hotel was exactly opposite the venue. It had 10 rooms and I had booked the whole thing. They had my credit card on file and I called to check my booking in November, went in in December, called again in March and again in April to make sure that they hadn''t let any rooms out to other people.

Then today I find out that they have given 8 of them to other people. I have made them give me back the Family room and one double room but they won''t budge on the other 6. He is saying that the girl who did the booking left and didn''t tell them so not his problem.

Er yeah, that is why (when I called and just said that I had the names for my room bookings to your wife who asked me to call back after 3.30) you rang my father and told him that there had been a terrible mix-up.

So now I have spent the last hour trying to get other rooms all over Sussex.

Grrrr, so if you have room bookings, check them!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Pandora, thats a drag! I hope you''ll find even better accommodation for your guests...what about you, where are you getting ready?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Pandora! What a nightmare! And how infuriating!!! I can''t believe this somehow slipped through the cracks! Reserving the entire inn for a weekend is kind of a big deal! What kind of "filing system" do they have? Post-its?!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
If YOUR credit card was on file first, can you perhaps insist that the hotel provide alternative accomodations to the 6 people they gave the rooms away to?

Seems to me they are aware of the screw-up, shouldn't it be up to THEM to find rooms for the come-by-lately's?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so annoying! I''m sorry to hear that Pandora.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a complete pain for you Pandora! That would really annoy me!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
How rude!
38.gif
I am so sorry Pandora that they are causing unnecessary trouble and stress.
6.gif
((Hugs)) I hate it when people treat me bad, especially when I am giving them MONEY! Hellooooo? Sigh, some businesses just don''t value customers.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 1:24:59 PM
Author: LostSapphire
If YOUR credit card was on file first, can you perhaps insist that the hotel provide alternative accomodations to the 6 people they gave the rooms away to?

Seems to me they are aware of the screw-up, shouldn''t it be up to THEM to find rooms for the come-by-lately''s?

That''s what I was thinking. So sorry this happened. It''s definitely NOT FAIR.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Pandora, how frustrating! I'm so upset and angry for you
29.gif
I agree with Lost that the Inn ought to take on the responsibility of cleaning up THEIR mess. Keep us posted. I hope everything works out even better than you imagined.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s horrible for them to do that! If I could find other rooms I be mean and have guests book there and then cancel the rooms for this hotel at the last minute. This would really piss me off. I can''t believe the hotel!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to say it, but if they are unwilling to help you fix an issue THEY did to themselves...I''d pull rank and say F** you. I want all my $$ back and give your business to someone who cares. I''d also make a complant on wedding forums, etc. informing them of how they treated you so that way they won''t get business in the furture. I''m so SORRY that you had to do that!

Sidenote:
I had something similar happen to me at the Joslyn Castle in Omaha NE. I live in TX and so I called and told them I''d like to be penciled in for a date. The lady said fine, they won''t give my date away and I told her I''d be up soon to put a deposit down if I liked it. I showed up to see the castle a little over one yr to my wedding date. I LOVED the castle. The lady I worked with had left, and I literally had my check book to write a deposit for my date, and they had penciled someone else in! They only do one event their per day and they said they were sorry but they couldn''t give me that date! I was pissed! They said that they could call the other lady and ask her to switch her date but they couldn''t do anything else for me. I was so turned off by it (and it would have made my reception a LOT more work for me) that I went with the other venue. Who btw doesn''t have near as much history, but gave me a wedding planner, and does everything and was WAY cheaper. So, it worked out for me, but I HATE it when they are like, um, I''m sorry, but we can''t do anything! GRRR to ppl who do that!
Don''t we have enough stress already!?!?!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have managed to get everyone into other hotels - and the 4 sets of people I really needed to be in that hotel now are so I should be fine.

I was really annoyed - especially as I had thought they would do this and I had done EVERYTHING I could to prevent it. I even wanted to give them cash as a deposit...

But, then I decided I couldn''t be bothered to be PO''d anymore so I just said fine I''ll sort it.

It''s a hotel I may well need to use again so better to remain on good terms. He did sound very sorry though.

I''m staying with my parents at their house the night before and FI is staying in a hotel down on the coast with about 25 of our friends. Then we are all staying there after the wedding.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...I''m glad you got it sorted out. I didn''t know that they do this!! FI on the other hand knows about this. He said that the way to prevent this is to either pay a deposit, check often, or make them sign a contract. Grrr.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 6:14:39 PM
Author: Pandora II
I have managed to get everyone into other hotels - and the 4 sets of people I really needed to be in that hotel now are so I should be fine.

I was really annoyed - especially as I had thought they would do this and I had done EVERYTHING I could to prevent it. I even wanted to give them cash as a deposit...

But, then I decided I couldn''t be bothered to be PO''d anymore so I just said fine I''ll sort it.

It''s a hotel I may well need to use again so better to remain on good terms. He did sound very sorry though.

I''m staying with my parents at their house the night before and FI is staying in a hotel down on the coast with about 25 of our friends. Then we are all staying there after the wedding.
I hope he''s sorry enough to issue a gift voucher for a nights'' stay or something nice for you and FI.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora - I have to say you're a better person than me
9.gif
I'd be stewing in bitterness and anger for a lot longer. I
36.gif
you for taking the higher road and not letting the inn's mistake sour your wedding bliss. Again, I'm with Lost on this one - I think you and your FI ought to be compensated for your trouble in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results