shape
carat
color
clarity

Accent stones - rhodolite garnet or emerald?

Filigreelover

Rough_Rock
I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I have recently bought a prong set, 3 stone yellow gold ring. It has 3 cheap placeholder stones that I intend to replace. I've already got the center stone on hand. It's a 6mm, round and sparkly light yellow stone. I'm torn between 2 colours for the side stones. They're going to be pear shaped, if that makes any difference.

I'm going for something like the attached photos, only with the aforementioned yellow gold setting and light yellow center stone.

On one hand, I love the wine color of Rhodolite. On the other, I also love emerald. Struggling to find many images of these stones with a light yellow or champagne center stone.

I wear a lot of warmer colors so either stone would work. Would anyone here happen to have pics of rings with similar color schemes?

I'd love to hear your opinions.

Side question: This would be for daily wear, though not during hard labour or showering. Would it be a good idea to bezel set the side stones for durability's sake? Is it costly to alter a ring from prongs to bezels?

Thanks a million in advance!

image_4436.jpg image_997.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is 14K YG? Do you mind posting a picture of your yellow stone? Depending on its undertone, we can give our opinion whether we prefer a cool green or warm purplish red sidestones.

Pear shapes will be uncommon for emeralds.

Filigreelover

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1470164574|4061755 said:
The setting is 14K YG? Do you mind posting a picture of your yellow stone? Depending on its undertone, we can give our opinion whether we prefer a cool green or warm purplish red sidestones.

Pear shapes will be uncommon for emeralds.

Thank you Chrono.

The lighting in my house is quite yellow, so I can't get a clear picture. This isn't mine but the color of the stone on the right is spot on!

image_109.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour is much lighter than I expected. Let's see whether we can flag Niel, our resident photoshop guru, to try edit the pictures so that others can vote. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results