shape
carat
color
clarity

Acai Berry CNN article ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/23/acai.berries.scam/index.html

This article basically advises to be careful of sites offering free diet pills as they''ll charge your ccard anyway, and weight loss has not been proven.

Sounds like a very expensive berry. I do drink and eat dark berries for the natural anti-inflammartory benefits - but I find $6 for some tart cherry juice is more economical and probably works just as well as a $40 bottle of acai juice.

Just wanted to pass this info along!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 1:13:08 PM
Author:tlh
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/23/acai.berries.scam/index.html

This article basically advises to be careful of sites offering free diet pills as they'll charge your ccard anyway, and weight loss has not been proven.

Sounds like a very expensive berry. I do drink and eat dark berries for the natural anti-inflammartory benefits - but I find $6 for some tart cherry juice is more economical and probably works just as well as a $40 bottle of acai juice.

Just wanted to pass this info along!
35.gif
I heard about this too in the news how everyone is complaining about the company's charging them crazy amounts and double billing people and then they try to get out of it and there is no customer service.

Well my neighbor bought it because she wanted to lose weight and she had all sorts of crazy credit card charges; I felt bad that happened to her and she didn't lose weight.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is soo scary! The diet market is really unbelieveable - almost predatory in a way. I hope your neighbor finds success.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
This happened to me!
The web sight says it''s free, just pay S&H and has all sorts of commentary and pictures from Oprah, Rachel Ray and 60 minutes.
Seems very legit.
Then I started to see all sorts of charges on my CC and kept receiving supplements I didn''t want.
When I called Mastercard, the guy helping told me that the same thing happened to his wife, and they had to cancel their cards, but she had used their bank card
23.gif

I learned my lesson!
Caveat emptor!
38.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The last time my mother visited she asked me if I had heard about the diet. I said no, but I was suspicious. She went on to tell me about how she bought the Acai juice on ebay instead of going through the website, but she was confused about where to get the SUPER COLON CLEANSE the diet called for. I was like "mom....you do know what SCC is, right?" and of course she didn''t realize it was a laxitive. LOL, FI and I had a very funny moment in CVS with her standing there holding a big tub of SCC and realizing what it was....LOL....

Bia

Ideal_Rock
That juice is BOGUS! Yea, it's good for you, so what? A lot of berry juices are good for you too...and they don't cost you an arm and a leg.

I got invited to one of those ACAI Berry juice parties and it is a big ol pyramid scheme. What irks me is they got one of my elderly neighbors to buy cases and cases for her son who had knee problems--I sat there and listend to these frauds tell her it would cure that and more. She bought all this juice for him, and then he died of a heart attack at 54! I mean, it's not the juice but still. Calling it a "miracle juice" bothers the hell out of me.

And charging $40 for a bottle of berry juice just because it comes in a posh wine bottle? puuuhhhhleeeeaze

ok, rant over.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Someone gave my DH a bottle of Mona Vie Acai Berry Juice that costs $40.00. I told him if he wants his antioxidants I will buy him the same product at a much better price. We get the Sambazon Acai Berry powder for less than $20.00 a jar and it lasts for over a month for the 2 of us. We add it to our regular juice or yogurt.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 2:28:30 PM
Author: soocool
Someone gave my DH a bottle of Mona Vie Acai Berry Juice that costs $40.00. I told him if he wants his antioxidants I will buy him the same product at a much better price. We get the Sambazon Acai Berry powder for less than $20.00 a jar and it lasts for over a month for the 2 of us. We add it to our regular juice or yogurt.
That''d be the one

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Mom and Sis bought some of the pills at Whole Foods and took them for a little over a month so far.

They both lost weight, not a lot, but like 5 lbs in the month (combined with slightly healthier habits) but the thing that made me perk up and listen was that both of them felt like their hair was more full, thick and soft, and that their skin was more rosy and very clear.

Who knows about the weight loss thing as sometimes healthier habits combined with something small like a tiny raise in metabolism or how you burn... could create the loss, but the hair and skin thing is intriguing!

I actually would like to try the WF pills (rather than some crazy online scam thing) but just haven''t gotten around to the store yet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results