shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA vs. GIA Excellent, can you tell the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I posted a thread couple days ago regarding an ACA diamond. It''s lovely, but the color is higher than I need, and there might be a visible inclusion. See post here

So I''ve been looking around and found an GIA triple excellent:

1.23ct, F, VS2, ~$8900
Depth: 61.2%
Table: 56.0%
Crown Angle: 34.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8%

It scores a 1.2 on HCA (ex, ex, ex, vg) and the picture of the diamond shows arrows. But it''s not listed as H&A on the vendor''s website, and obviously it''s GIA instead of AGS

Since I''ve already returned my first ring I really don''t want to go through the trouble of returning again. Can anyone please tell me what you think of this diamond comparing to the other one I posted? Is the difference between the ACA and this GIA excellent going to be very obvious?

Thank you!!

L223-6PIC.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:16:48 AM
Author:summerluv
Hi everyone,
I posted a thread couple days ago regarding an ACA diamond. It''s lovely, but the color is higher than I need, and there might be a visible inclusion. See post here

1.23ct, F, VS2, ~$8900

It scores a 1.2 on HCA (ex, ex, ex, vg) and the picture of the diamond shows arrows. But it''s not listed as H&A on the vendor''s website, and obviously it''s GIA instead of AGS

Since I''ve already returned my first ring I really don''t want to go through the trouble of returning again. Can anyone please tell me what you think of this diamond comparing to the other one I posted? Is the difference between the ACA and this GIA excellent going to be very obvious?

Thank you!!
We can''t really say, it could be, or not. This stone does have great numbers, so you might not be able to tell a lot of difference.

If you wanted a true H&A, here''s one.

Bankwire is discount.

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5027/

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Thank you Ellen. Unfortunately the GOG one is out of my budget =( (both stones I listed are ~9k with discount)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 11:42:43 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/9/2009 11:16:48 AM
Author:summerluv
Hi everyone,

1.23ct, F, VS2, ~$8900

Thank you!!
We can''t really say, it could be, or not. This stone does have great numbers, so you might not be able to tell a lot of difference.

If you wanted a true H&A, here''s one.

Bankwire is discount.

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/5027/
Ditto and without hearts images then the info we get on the diamond is limited, but it does look very nice.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:46:41 AM
Author: summerluv
Thank you Ellen. Unfortunately the GOG one is out of my budget =( (both stones I listed are ~9k with discount)
Ok. They have others in that color/clarity in slightly smaller sizes if you wanted to look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results