shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA vs ES

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
I am trying to get the biggest bang for my buck also a very on fire stone would be nice too i am looking at 2 stones 0.306 D SI-1 ACA not sure if this is new line or classic looks like new line and the 2nd stone im looking at is an ES also has nice firescope image is there a big diffrence really im basicaliiy going for color please honest and expert opinions Thank you

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 2:49:26 PM
Author:dyemonds2002
I am trying to get the biggest bang for my buck also a very on fire stone would be nice too i am looking at 2 stones 0.306 D SI-1 ACA not sure if this is new line or classic looks like new line and the 2nd stone im looking at is an ES also has nice firescope image is there a big diffrence really im basicaliiy going for color please honest and expert opinions Thank you
Hi Dye,

Short answer: ACA are premium H&A diamonds. Everything must be top shelf. Expert Selection's motif is value for the money. Many of the rounds were ACA candidates that missed passing one criteria or another. Others were not intended for ACA - priced accordingly we hope.

Long answer: Here
1.gif

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Hey John ive dealt with Lesley and Bob back when they had the little 15 ptrs love the your story by the way thats cool im a guitarst. Ive tried drums love double bass my self yea i heard the ES`s almost made it is that what you mean or classic line almost made it as new line its a tough decision ive bought before new line but never went for color but also being too icy white might tear down contrast im just not sure i love warm but also colorless which i still dont understand the meaning there is color also im looking for angles too dont want to make the mistake on crown and pavillion and girdle for that matter

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2006 3:27:56 PM
Author: dyemonds2002
Hey John ive dealt with Lesley and Bob back when they had the little 15 ptrs love the your story by the way thats cool im a guitarst. Ive tried drums love double bass my self yea i heard the ES`s almost made it is that what you mean or classic line almost made it as new line its a tough decision ive bought before new line but never went for color but also being too icy white might tear down contrast im just not sure i love warm but also colorless which i still dont understand the meaning there is color also im looking for angles too dont want to make the mistake on crown and pavillion and girdle for that matter
A fellow musician!
1.gif
There are a double-handful of musical types here on PS.

It's funny how many pros in this trade I run into who have musical backgrounds. One of our senior jewelers is an artist on violin as well. The director of the Advanced Instruments Division at AGS is a trombone player. Rockdoc plays keyboards. I've had discussions with many of them relating diamond craftsmanship and appreciation to musical skill and taste.

There are good threads on PS about Classic versus New Line brillianteering, as well as articles in the WF Knowledge Base. Let me know if I can answer any specific questions.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results