shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA Tennis Bracelet Project has Begun!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
For the past year I've been focussed like laser beam on making extra money and researching what I want my "core" foundation jewelry pieces to be.

These will be heirloom-quality pieces, but also items I wear daily. They must go with everything, be comfortable, and be able to be dressed up or down.

One of those foundation pieces is a diamond tennis bracelet.

About a year ago I started researching. I tried on numerous tennis bracelets. I ordered three CZ testers in different sizes. The one closest to the right size I've been wearing everyday to get a feel for not only how I like the size of the stones, but also to answer the question: will I wear and love a tennis bracelet? Does it suit my lifestyle?

The answer is YES! My test CZ bracelet is so easy to wear. I get joy from it even around the house. It makes me feel pretty to "dress" for dinner by putting it on. And when the world opens up post-Covid, I will resume the many evening art gallery functions that are a staple of my career, and a tennis bracelet will be a perfect companion!

So with Whiteflash's help, I'm buying a few ACA's at a time until I have enough for a bracelet.

I present to you my first 7 little beauties!

ACA .33 - .35 ct, D, VVS1 - VVS2 (and one IF for kicks & giggles):

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
These first seven were a gift from my amazing husband for Christmas:

IMG_8454 small.jpg

I'm going to need approximately 27 little diamonds for a 6 1/8" tennis bracelet.

My goal is to complete the bracelet by my 50th birthday.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @maita13 and @nkc !!

I don't know if either of you were into jewelry in the early 1980's, but back then the "Add a Bead" necklaces were a thing.

I remember my grandmother giving me a gold chain and then for each holiday she'd give me a little gold bead to add to it. It was sweet, though kinda goofy. That's what gave me the idea.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun way to build a tennis bracelet!

How many stones would you need, and what type of setting would you be getting please?

Looking forward to see the finished bracelet.

BTW, I would suggest keeping the CZ one for wearing around the house etc. as it does not require babying - that's what I do with my Berricle one.

DK :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Something to look forward to!

cheers--Sharon

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such gorgeous diamonds and what a great plan!!!

... your thread is certainly making a lot of minds (including mine) spin around wondering wondering "what about me, would this work for me" lol!

A longterm project like this will be super fun and rewarding, looking forward to your journey!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
These lovely flowers just arrived from Whiteflash! Gosh I feel like royalty!

I guess they are excited about my tennis bracelet project too!

IMG_8419.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Such gorgeous diamonds and what a great plan!!!

... your thread is certainly making a lot of minds (including mine) spin around wondering wondering "what about me, would this work for me" lol!

A longterm project like this will be super fun and rewarding, looking forward to your journey!

Yes, do it! Do it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These first seven were a gift from my amazing husband for Christmas:

IMG_8454 small.jpg

I'm going to need approximately 27 little diamonds for a 6 1/8" tennis bracelet.

My goal is to complete the bracelet by my 50th birthday.

What a wonderful gift box to receive! Definitely exciting and so much fun to watch the progress!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Fun way to build a tennis bracelet!

How many stones would you need, and what type of setting would you be getting please?

Looking forward to see the finished bracelet.

BTW, I would suggest keeping the CZ one for wearing around the house etc. as it does not require babying - that's what I do with my Berricle one.

DK :kiss2:

Hi DK :wavey:

The number of diamonds needed depends on what setting I select.

I think I'm going to go with a 3 prong style, in which I'll need approximately 27 diamonds.

If I go with a 4 prong setting, I will need more as that style holds the diamonds closer together.

Here's what the WF 3 prong setting looks like. This is @miimac7 's stunning bracelet, its my inspiration piece. These are her photos:

7F5B4231-9872-44CE-84DE-7588AC617594.jpeg

37635949-C4CA-46AD-A700-54D2926CCE7E.jpeg

Last edited:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
This is a brilliant idea. How much more special the finished bracelet will be! Also, a wonderful way to obtain a MAJOR piece. I look forward to following along with this and any other pieces you have planned.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun project! It will be stunning when complete and picking out each stone is very special. Love the first stones. :kiss2:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing idea! Can you post pics of the d if stone? Always dreamed of owning one but i will settle for pics of yours (for now lol).

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love this idea! I can't wait to watch this progress. This is an definitely an inspiration.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
@RunningwithScissors
Great idea. You are one very meticulous and patient person! I don’t think I could that.

Eagerly following and awaiting the final reveal!

BTW, love the WF 3 prong style in the pic you shared. The stones really stand out on their own.
Excited for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@RunningwithScissors omg this is so exciting!!!! I am thrilled for you!

Also, you are giving me ideas. A tennis bracelet is something I have been considering and this is an excellent way to go about it.

Incidentally, I had add-a-bead necklaces growing up as well.

Do you have plans to wear the stones in a bangle or something as you accumulate them, or will you wait until you have them all to set them?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors omg this is so exciting!!!! I am thrilled for you!

Also, you are giving me ideas. A tennis bracelet is something I have been considering and this is an excellent way to go about it.

Incidentally, I had add-a-bead necklaces growing up as well.

Do you have plans to wear the stones in a bangle or something as you accumulate them, or will you wait until you have them all to set them?

Hi Tonks :wavey:

You remember those add-a-beads too! Do you still have yours? Mine was lost years ago.

It would be really fun if you started an Add-A-Diamond bracelet!

I've considered using the diamonds I'm collecting in a temporary piece of jewelry like a bangle or even a bar pendant. It is sooo tempting to do that. But I'm trying to hold out because of the extra expense. It would be the cost of buying at least one more little diamond. Also I don't want them to get damaged by setting and resetting. But yeah, its really tempting!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing idea! Can you post pics of the d if stone? Always dreamed of owning one but i will settle for pics of yours (for now lol).

Hey PolaBowla! Thanks! Yes, I will take some pics later this afternoon for you.

I bought one D IF because I figured I'd never be able to buy a larger one in my lifetime (couldn't afford it) so it would be fun to have one tiny one in my bracelet!

Really it just looks like all the other ones. But I enjoy knowing its there. ;)2

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tonks :wavey:

You remember those add-a-beads too! Do you still have yours? Mine was lost years ago.

It would be really fun if you started an Add-A-Diamond bracelet!

I've considered using the diamonds I'm collecting in a temporary piece of jewelry like a bangle or even a bar pendant. It is sooo tempting to do that. But I'm trying to hold out because of the extra expense. It would the cost of buying at least one more little diamond. Also I don't want them to get damaged by setting and resetting. But yeah, its really tempting!

I hear you on the cost and the risk of damage. But wow, the waiting! This is such an exciting project. How wonderful, to know that when this bracelet is complete it will be exactly as you want it.

As to my add-a-bead necklace, I honestly don’t know if I still have it. I will have to look! I remember it clearly, but not the last time I saw it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results