shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA/Ideal cut or IDJs pricescope quality melee for 0.03pt eternity band?

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
I have now quotes for an half-/ 3/4-eternity band from both WF and IDJ (still awaiting DKs quote). As expected, the WF is a lot more expensive, so I‘m not sure if the difference will be noticeable in 0.03pt stones?

Does anyone have a side-to-side comparison of IDJs „pricescope quality“ and ACA/ideal cut melee at this size?

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all depends on what "Pricescope quality" really means. I personally would not ask for a quote without asking for specific specs. It would be comparing apples and oranges in terms of pricing. For example, the price F VS ideal cuts will be more than H SI very good cuts. So the first thing I'd have to know are the exact specs of the IDJ diamonds. I generally don't have regrets going for better quality, though. I'd try to be consistent with my engagement ring.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
@diamondseeker2006

The MRB in my engagement ring is a 0.65 F VS2 BN Sig Ideal, GIA cert states excellent cut.

IDJ‘s quote is for:

14kt 3/4 Way Diamond Band
PRICESCOPE QUALITY
Color: F+
Clarity: SI+
Cut: Ideal-Excellent
Hand Picked by Yekutiel

I want the band to be a real sparkler, so I don‘t know if IDJs quality will be „enough“ or if the ACA/ideal cut melee will be worth the extra money.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
For me, it would also depend on the style of the ring. Styles like the BGD dream band I wouldn't think about getting done elsewhere, because both the metal and melee are perfect.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IDJ handpicked meleè is a fantastic alternative to ideal cut meleè from one of the super ideal vendors. If the price difference is significant, I would definitely go with IDJ, it will be a beautiful and sparkly band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd personally ask for all F VS, but at this size, ex to ideal should be fine. Just be sure it's a really low setting, no matter who makes it. You don't want the diamonds scratching prongs of your ring.

Your diamond is beautiful! I love F color so much!

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input, this is really helpful!

@SimoneDi

To me the price difference is significant, hence I‘m strongly leaning towards purchasing from IDJ.

@diamondseeker2006
They don‘t seem to be too flexible when it comes to customizing the band, but I’ll ask if the stones could be set lower, since they sit a little high indeed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They may not be able to set the stones lower, but they might be able to order a setting that is lower.

Kalliope

Shiny_Rock
They may not be able to set the stones lower, but they might be able to order a setting that is lower.

Oh, ok. I‘ll definitely ask them.

This is the band they suggested, it‘s similar to the one I tried in a store:

BD0DAC1B-7DF5-41CB-B963-03714728A197.jpeg C1DC891A-28BC-4098-B2CF-D9C00286EAC8.jpeg
Do you think it‘s set too high?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That actually doesn't look very high. I'd just ask them to try it on with a solitare e-ring setting and be sure it is not higher. Very pretty!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had 3 eternity rings from IDJ (5, 10 and 20 pointers) and they were all stunning, I can't imagine the diamonds being significantly better from anywhere else, especially in that size. They were all F/G, VS/SI, ex cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results