shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA Diamonds Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am guessing too high color and clarity, niche market, for most PSers who prefer cut and size and sacrifice color and clarity.

No special preference for me on these 3, personal preference between color and clarity.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They all look great. As for why they have been there, who knows. WF always have stones that get snatched up quickly and some that get snatched up later. But there isn't anything wrong with the ones you are looking at. As SC said, high color/clarity stones are often out of people's price ranges, especially in that carat size. Many people would prefer to spend that money on a bigger stone with a lower color/clarity.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
As already stated, they''re all fine. I''m curious why you prefer the E?

If it were me, I''d go for the D. It''s a hair bigger, a hair less, and, it gives her real bragging rights.
5.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 6:13:20 PM
Author: Ellen
As already stated, they''re all fine. I''m curious why you prefer the E?

If it were me, I''d go for the D. It''s a hair bigger, a hair less, and, it gives her real bragging rights.
5.gif
Agreed. D will have bragging rights but a VS1 is just so so, not a top grade.

fizix

Rough_Rock
I was looking at that D 0.74 a few weeks ago and thought it was a very
fine stone...I only wish I had the budget for it!

vvs2

Rough_Rock
As I get deeper into the minutiae of the e-ring selection, I have to ask a (hopefully) simple question: Is there such a thing as a "bad" ACA diamond?

I can understand slightly less ideal, but are there any that would really make you think, "ugh."?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 10:05:45 PM
Author: vvs2
As I get deeper into the minutiae of the e-ring selection, I have to ask a (hopefully) simple question: Is there such a thing as a ''bad'' ACA diamond?

I can understand slightly less ideal, but are there any that would really make you think, ''ugh.''?

No. And not even any that are really slightly less than ideal. ACA diamonds are very strictly controlled for cut quality.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all lovely but I''d go for the D.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''d go for the D, but only because it''s the biggest. You don;t need to worry about cut quality of ACAs, they''re all going to be beautiful. Personally, I''d never pay for a diamond of that high color and clarity, because the excellence in cut will make an H or I look bright white and sparkly anyway. I know a lot of pricescopers feel the same way, and I would think that a lot of WF''s business comes from PS. Maybe that''s why they''ve been available for a while. If color and clarity mean a lot to you though, then go for it! It won''t be easy to find a cut as good without paying an enormous premium.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results