shape
carat
color
clarity

About your ring....

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I brought my ACC Moissanite I just got to a jeweler because one of the claw prongs was catching on everything. When I dropped it off I told the woman working that it was Moissanite, she remarked several times what a beautiful ring it was.

Well when I went to pick it up the owner comes out from the back and looks serious. He says "about this ring....". I didn't let him get any further and said, yes it's not a diamond, Moissanite. He shook my hand, he was so relieved lol! Poor guy was probably stressing about having to break the bad news all morning.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess he thought your husband pulled a fast one on you for Christmas!
But didn't the lady tell him what the stone was? The person working on it would NEED to know!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess he thought your husband pulled a fast one on you for Christmas!
But didn't the lady tell him what the stone was? The person working on it would NEED to know!

Right? I mean I went in there and told the woman right off the bat. Good thing it wasn't a cz or some sort of delicate gemstone :eek-2:

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! Poor guy! He must’ve been so relieved! I feel so awful for jewelers when they really have to break that news to someone. Happened to my mom once. She held it together very well, but she was silently mortified.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today I brought my ACC Moissanite I just got to a jeweler because one of the claw prongs was catching on everything. When I dropped it off I told the woman working that it was Moissanite, she remarked several times what a beautiful ring it was.

Well when I went to pick it up the owner comes out from the back and looks serious. He says "about this ring....". I didn't let him get any further and said, yes it's not a diamond, Moissanite. He shook my hand, he was so relieved lol! Poor guy was probably stressing about having to break the bad news all morning.
Poor guy!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even better when I told DH his response was "I thought it was a diamond too" :confused:

No Babe, a diamond this size would cost $4,000-$5,000 :???:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. I bought an adjustable gold chain at Kay’s and the sales lady asked if my paw pendant was real and I just laughed and said “haha I wish I could afford a 3ct diamond!” I told her it was moissy and she still gushed about it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha. I bought an adjustable gold chain at Kay’s and the sales lady asked if my paw pendant was real and I just laughed and said “haha I wish I could afford a 3ct diamond!” I told her it was moissy and she still gushed about it.
I never did find out what size stones they are..It’s 3 carat total? What sizes are the heart and rounds? I just love it..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never did find out what size stones they are..It’s 3 carat total? What sizes are the heart and rounds? I just love it..

The heart is 9mm and the rounds are 4mm

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That’s bigger than I thought! I love that it’s a big paw like your big furry boy was..:love:

It is but the heart shape cut isn’t as blindingly flashy lie modern round cuts are so it doesn’t seem overly ostentatious as a pendant.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is but the heart shape cut isn’t as blindingly flashy lie modern round cuts are so it doesn’t seem overly ostentatious as a pendant.
I wouldn’t even think that considering it’s design and meaning behind it!
Btw..I’m having the worse time trying to get a quote from them..I tried joining loupe troupe but I’m not able to get it working where I can post my contact info. I had to make a new email because my regular one has my full name. I trust you but not all the lurkers I don’t know. I’m tempted to post the funny one here until you get it and then I could delete my post after you say you got it...so you can give me the link..I’ve used all the contacts in their m site but I don’t get a response. It’s frustrating..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
one of my old workmates got engaged for the first time early last year
she loves Amethysts and doesn't like yellow gold
the boyfriend brought her a pretty ring she adored
now don't judge me for judging just yet :D
(but when i say pretty i mean.pretty like a 16 year old boy with his first after school job at the supermarket buys for his girlfriend's sweet 16th as opposed to a man of 30 earning well over 1K a week)

now its not the money i object to - even though he earned considerably more than we did
its the lie
see he let her beleave they were diamonds when they were white saphires
also she worked in inwards goods and any ring was going to be in for a hard life in there
( i doubt he told the sales person it was for an engagement ring )

anyway i honestly didn't mean to but i was looking at an online catalogue while filling in time on the train home and i saw her ring

and sure enough after only a few weeks it looked down right grubby
my friend at the jewlers said she could have sold him any number of lovelly little silver diamond promise rings that would have been much more suitable and for under $500 * (but it wasn't my friend who served him)

anyway my friend said if the ring came in for cleaning (which it needed to) and cleaning is free, she would never let on it wasn't real (not by lying, just by being vague)
anyway the relationship never lasted the duration of a weekend out of town and then the lowlife wanted his (by now filthy) $NZ179 ring back
my friend was sad because she loved it
so the nowex turned out to be a real jerk texting her abuse excessively making her cry every day. in the end i told her they were white saphires - she still loved the ring

anyway it was all a lucky escape and she has a nicer boyfriend now and the cheap little ring got deleted by the store"s head office

*when my friend was showing me all the rings he could have brought i ended up buying one as a pinky ring for $499 - a cute little bezel rose gold sparkler that was the same prince in white gold

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results