shape
carat
color
clarity

About to Pull Trigger on Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaseaco

Rough_Rock
I am worried that the specs are out of the "ideal" range and was looking for some much-appreciated guidance...

1.12 carat
FVS2
L/W ratio = 1.04
Table = 71%
Depth = 74.6%
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence = Faint
Cost = $6,400

I know that the table is on the high side, as is the depth.

I am very nervous, and very confused. So much to choose from! I am going through a local jeweler that all my friends have used and had a great experience with, but unfortunately they kinda just took the guy''s word for it that it was a good diamond.

Any help would be appreciated!

jaseaco

Rough_Rock
As a follow-up, I am also considering a diamond that is an FVS1, 1.01 carat with a 65% depth, for $1,500 less. I am looking for more info on this one. But with this info, which one would the smart/savvy buyer lean towards?

Sorry I can''t give more insight, I am pretty new to all of this stuff....
8.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are fighting an uphill battle trying to pick by the ''numbers'' with a fancy cut diamond such as a princess. the most important thing, is to look at as many as you possibly can and compare them in different lighting. look for the performance of the diamond that most appeals to you and trust yourself. if you can get your jeweler to bring in some ags0 graded princess cuts to examine, that would be even better. then you can get sense of what the best princess cuts look like and compare them to others to see what you prefer.

best of luck!

jaseaco

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help belle. Unfortunately, my jeweler did not have many stones to compare he is the only one I was referred to. Now I am kinda running out of time-spent too much time studying the numbers and not enough actually looking at stones. Here is the only other good one I have seen:

1.01 carat
5.92 X 5.74 X 3.79
FVS1
L/W ratio = 1.03
Table = 72%
Depth = 66%
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Good
Fluorescence = None
Cost = $4,900
small feather in corner

and here is the re-post of the original:

1.12 carat
5.74 X 5.52 X 4.12
FVS2
L/W ratio = 1.04
Table = 71%
Depth = 74.6%
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence = Faint
Cost = $6,400
very small inclusions on table

If you were a noobie and didn''t have much time (yep that''s me), which would you be more likely to consider?

By the way, thanks very much for your time...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results