shape
carat
color
clarity

About to pull the trigger.. please provide honest expert opinion!

brookside

Rough_Rock
First, thank you so much for providing your feedback. This resource along with many others have educated me so much over the past couple weeks about diamonds. I'm so excited about popping the question to my lady in a few months.

After extensive research, I narrowed down my choices to this stone from BN:

Round solitaire
1.38 carat, F color, VS1 clarity, excellent cut, excellent polish, excellent symmetry, no fluorescence

However, towards the last couple days I ran across some resources that talked about more technical stuff like depth and table, and how they indeed have a great impact on the brilliance and fire.

Depth 62.6% which is just above the established upper cut-off, table 57%.

I've been told to not trust the GIA report, and to really delve into the numbers to determine myself whether the diamond is really good. From your experience, is this considered a "bad cut"?

Thank you all in advance.

1636317889697.png 1636317838515.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
How much is it going for? What's your budget?

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Love the color + clarity + carat for your budget! As others mentioned, I too would consider the given depth a turn-off.

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
The 36 crown is steep with a 57 table and a 55 star that makes the crown even steeper, there might be issues, especially because GIA numbers are rounded. The 62.6 depth is also just over the PS recommend max of 62.5.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

swingtime

Shiny_Rock
Have you looked at Whiteflash? They seem to have some in your price range and with similar specs. I'm not one of the experts here, so I can't recommend a specific diamond. But I recently upgraded my engagement ring with a Whiteflash ACA, and it's superb. They also seem to have the best upgrade policy.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at Whiteflash? They seem to have some in your price range and with similar specs. I'm not one of the experts here, so I can't recommend a specific diamond. But I recently upgraded my engagement ring with a Whiteflash ACA, and it's superb. They also seem to have the best upgrade policy.

This is a great suggestion.

Found this 1.274 F VVS2 ACA with a 7.01mm spread for $15,022 wire price, then minus the $100 for signing up puts it in budget.

Diamond_Enthusiast

Shiny_Rock
This is a great suggestion.

Found this 1.274 F VVS2 ACA with a 7.01mm spread for $15,022 wire price, then minus the $100 for signing up puts it in budget.

This is a gorgeous option!!

WF also has an excellent upgrade policy (only require new option to be $1 more) in case she ever wants to down the track.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results