shape
carat
color
clarity

About to pull the trigger on this... talk me in/out of it please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tannerp

Rough_Rock
I have a diamond on hold
This is my first internet purchase and I need you guys to either push me over the edge, or scare me away. I value your opinions! You guys got me into this mess in the first place!

Please take the time to give me your honest opinion on quality, price, etc.

In advance, I appreciate your time!

Paul

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
"1.010 H SI1 (S246117): 2 open small white feathers on the girdle"

Does that mean the feathers break the surface?

If they do pass on the diamond.

The experts have said several times to avoid feathers that break the surface.
That there is a big durability issue with them.

tannerp

Rough_Rock
Hmm... excellent point, I'll ask her... thank you.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
That was my only comment, too......if she's recommending the 1.01, I'd go with her recommendation.......BUT make sure the feathers don't break the surface. If they do.....I'd keep looking.

Actually, that's the second time I've heard an inclusion referred to as an "open" feather.......Linda, what does that mean?

Tek

Rough_Rock
Both look very promising. I echo the responses of everyone else about asking her to study the feathers more for you. Since the feathers are on/near the girdle, they can easily be hidden with a prong.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forget the feathers: their picture make me nervous. I know that the diamond will be insured, bt who needs to haggle with the jeweler if the girdle gets chipped whyle he's trying to put those under prongs ? If you get the stone already set from Linda and do not mind knowing that it may chip (and may have to be replaced usinf the insurance policy) well, than Ok: the stone will be perfectly clean under magification when set.

Since all three are eye clean and well cut, I would prefer any of the OTHER TWO. Is the SI2 a better price ot bigger? I wold like to see the other two side by side.... at lest in a picture (3X would be enough).

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But are diamonds containing open feathers worn with no problems?

RoyalAsscher

Rough_Rock
if the feather reaches the surface and you put the prongs on the feather to cover it a single hit against somthing can cause bigger dammage and finally it is possible to chip the girdle and you have to recut it,it is a 1.01 and will go thrue the 1.00 if it is a .95-.99 it will lose a lot of its value

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish the diamond experts would just agree. We are always being told to avoid feathers near the girdle of a diamond let alone where in this one we are told there are "open" feathers (2). Why is it we get two conflicting types of information, why don't diamond dealers and appraisers agree? Is it because the dealer wants a sale no matter what or is it because the appraisers wants our business so wants us to be careful about everything we buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results