shape
carat
color
clarity

About to propose, need your advice! Which would you pick?

icehocr

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Pretty clueless here other than what I read online and a few threads on this forum. I think I have narrowed the selection down to two stones.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3273933,3565125

Which one would you choose and why? It looks like the difference in carats wouldn't be discernible to the naked eye? Tried looking at the certificates for the inclusions, but that probably wouldnt matter unless you are looking at the diamond with a jewelers loop right?

Oh, I plan to mount to a knife edge platinum setting. Not sure if it matters or not?

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/classic-tiffany-style-knife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-734.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/6-prong-solitaire-engagement-ring-by-vatche-1778.htm

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

fair75

Rough_Rock
Re: About to propose, need your advice! Which would you pick

To me, both diamonds have very similar performance and you probably don't be able to tell which one is which if you see them in real life. However, I am a bit concerned with the dark crystal in the VS2 diamond. It looks kind of dark and is located in the table, which makes it easier to see. You can ask them about their definition of eye clean. Your ability to see the inclusions like that will also depend on how closely the recipient will view the diamond and the vision.

Since both are H color diamonds, you need to ask the vendor to see which H stone is whiter. Some H diamonds can look closer to a G but others will look more like an I.

icehocr

Rough_Rock

fair75|1469575301|4059641 said:
To me, both diamonds have very similar performance and you probably don't be able to tell which one is which if you see them in real life. However, I am a bit concerned with the dark crystal in the VS2 diamond. It looks kind of dark and is located in the table, which makes it easier to see. You can ask them about their definition of eye clean. Your ability to see the inclusions like that will also depend on how closely the recipient will view the diamond and the vision.

Since both are H color diamonds, you need to ask the vendor to see which H stone is whiter. Some H diamonds can look closer to a G but others will look more like an I.

Thanks for the reply, I noticed the inclusion on the VS2 as well and was kind of worried about it. According to them, eye clean means we wouldnt be able to see it with the naked eye from 10 inches away.

E B

Ideal_Rock

It's a tough one, but I agree with fair75 about the crystal. Because of the location, to be safe, I'd probably go with the VS1.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agree with fair75 and EB!

icehocr

Rough_Rock

Thanks very much for the input! sounds like the smaller vs1 stone may be a safer bet.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

icehocr

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the recommendations all! Good point on the Vatche setting, I was leaning towards that one as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results