shape
carat
color
clarity

About to make the purchase...NEED HELP/ADVICE to decide on these two!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moolie26

Rough_Rock
Hi All -

This board has been great and very informative. After a few months of learning and searching, i am about to make the purchase and need your opinions between the 2 diamonds. A "second" set of eyes has always proven to point out things that i have overlooked...so please give me your thoughts on the below, factoring in the price diff....Thanks in advance!!!

Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Diameter: 6.92 - 6.96 x 4.28
Table 56%
Depth 61.7%
CrownAngle 34.5 °
Pavil. Angle 40.9 °
CuletSize 0.7 %
Girdle Min: 1.01 % Thin
Girdle Max: 1.73 % Thick
Proportion EX
Symmetry EX
Price - 6900

Color G
Clarity VS2
Diameter 6.97 - 7.06 X 4.0
Table % 55
Depth % 61.2
Crown Angle ° 34.9
Pavilion Angle ° 40.8
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Girdle M-
Culet None
Price - 6400

moolie26

Rough_Rock
They are both GIA certed stones. Though, you are right...i mistyped the crown/pavillion angles for the G/VS2 stone.

It should be CROWN 34.5 and PAVILLION should be 40.5.

The data is off of the SARIN reports for each stone. Is this what you are referring to by not adding up?? Having said this, are your opinions of the stones different now. Thanks for the catch and your insight.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
OK that makes more sense - now I would go with the second stone for sure as the best bet to send to an appraiser or at the very least examine yourself with and ideal-scope.
It has VG not EX symmetry, but has a straight medium girdle
1.gif

moolie26

Rough_Rock
One other item to note, the diameter on the second stone (GVS2) has a broad range (6.97 - 7.06), should i be concerned on this or on its affect on cut on that stone???

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I expect you are getting this stone at a better price because of the VG symmetry and this is probably the grade maker.

I doubt you will suffer a noticable difference in appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results