shape
carat
color
clarity

About to close, need some PS fairy dust over here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, after what seems like a long time, we are finally about to close on the house. We had some bumps along the way, mainly trying to sell our house first, but now that we have buyers, everything should go smoothly.

Of course there was the issue of the HOA that we apparently belong to but actually never even heard about until two weeks ago, mainly because the HOA never commenced, had official members or asked for any dues.
33.gif

Now, the only problem is picking the closing dates, but it has to be before the 19th, because that is when the seller goes to jail and gives up her power of attorney, so we would like to get the house before that happens of course!
23.gif

So we are supposed to close on both houses next week before the 19th and I am hoping that some of you guys can give me some PS fairy dust to make sure that it goes smoothly and without problems.

Please ask for a speedy closing without any glitches or surprises! Thanks!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
All fingers and toes are crossed for you Kayla!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
best wishes on a speedy and smooth closing!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How exciting Butterfly! I''m sprinkling some fairy dust to insure smooth and uneventful closings!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with everything, Butterfly!!! You guys certainly deserve it!! My fingers are crossed- hope everything runs very smoothly!!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
good luck fellow staten islander!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone!!! I am so nervous that it won''t happen!

And I hate all this packing, we keep delaying it and now we are so overwhelmed. I found stuff that I packed up from our old apartment that we just never even unpacked in the current house. Stuff I completely forgot about, but now that I found it, I don''t want to get rid of!

It''s hard to pick what I want to keep and what I don''t, everything seems so important.

Do I really need the receipts from 2003? I don''t know, maybe.
33.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 11:12:27 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
good luck fellow staten islander!!!

Hi, I didn''t know you were in Staten Island, where in SI are you? I am in Rossville, but moving to Pleasant Plains.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2007 6:45:50 PM
Author:butterfly 17

Of course there was the issue of the HOA that we apparently belong to but actually never even heard about until two weeks ago, mainly because the HOA never commenced, had official members or asked for any dues.
33.gif

Now, the only problem is picking the closing dates, but it has to be before the 19th, because that is when the seller goes to jail and gives up her power of attorney, so we would like to get the house before that happens of course!
23.gif

Butterfly - blowing some fairy dust your way for a smooth and painless closing.

As for the HOA; is it a new development? This just seems SOOOO odd to me, especially since it didn''t come to light during attorney review.

And what is this about your seller going to JAIL? I swear Butterfly I have followed all of your house threads and for some reason this little *detail* escaped me!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 2:02:28 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 1/12/2007 6:45:50 PM
Author:butterfly 17

33.gif

23.gif

Butterfly - blowing some fairy dust your way for a smooth and painless closing.

As for the HOA; is it a new development? This just seems SOOOO odd to me, especially since it didn''t come to light during attorney review.

And what is this about your seller going to JAIL? I swear Butterfly I have followed all of your house threads and for some reason this little *detail* escaped me!

Thanks!!

The HOA was formed in 1996 when the houses were built. Apparently it never commenced and none of the original owners bothered to do anything. I purchased the house in 2002 and when they ran title it never came up, so this time when I am trying to sell my house, the HOA showed up.

It was formed for the sewers they say and everyone was supposed to pay <$100 a year for it.

My lawyer solved the problem by having me sign a notorized affidavit that I am aware of it but have never been obligated to pay any dues b/c the HOA was never officially formed and no meetings were ever held. This hopefully satisfied the title company.

The JAIL part!!
32.gif
Well, apparently the people I am buying from, err, the woman, is a bank embezzler, which I didn''t know about until I had already signed contract. As far as I know, she paid for my house in cash and owns a few others, one of which is down the block from where we are buying and she is currently staying there until the 19th.

There was/is a lien on this house and I was very worried that the price I am paying, which is a lot less than what she paid last year, would not be enough to cover the lien. But somehow the bank that she stoled the money from and put the lien on the house, is still allowing her to sell the house (I heard she has a top attorney working for her).

As per my lawyer, she is a "hard-core criminal" and the bank put a lien on everything she owns. This explains why she was desperate to sell me the house.

So, I really need that fairy dust!
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Good vibes to you Kayla!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Okay everyone, I still don''t have a closing date, so please please send me some PS fairy dust. The waiting is so agonizing!!!

Thanks to everyone that responded already.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh good luck butterfly, i hope they get it all together asap. i had a delayed closing a few years ago and it was torture...

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 8:15:17 AM
Author: mrssalvo
oh good luck butterfly, i hope they get it all together asap. i had a delayed closing a few years ago and it was torture...

Thanks mssalvo!!!

I should also thank you for the Happy Birthday post you did for me back in NOvember! YOu know, I did not see it until a few weeks ago and then I did not know if I should respond since the thread was old already. And then I wanted to PM you, but I couldn''t!

So, thanks for remembering my b-day, you are always so sweet!
28.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry I missed this the first time around! Sending all the best vibes to you for a quick and easy closing. Good luck and I hope you get exactly what you want.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I am just updating!

So far we still don''t have a closing date. The son needs to be at the closing according to their lawyer and he said he is only available on 1/23 and 2/1.

We tried to schedule the date for the closing on my current house for 1/22, but the buyers say they are only available on 1/24, so since I can''t buy the new house without selling the old house first ( decided to apply for a mortgage based on the sale of the old house rather than do a no doc. application), we can''t close this week.

I am a bit disappointed b/c it''s been a while now, since Sept. that we wanted to buy this house, and it''s just dragging at this point.

I have not even seen the inside of the house since Sept. 23rd, so I don''t even remember what it looks like. I am really starting to get frustrated with everything that is going on!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well gosh Butterfly I'm sorry that everything has been delayed, but don't get too discouraged. You are almost there!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
sorry about this Butterfly.
I hope things get ironed out for you soon.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
just saw this thread and am sending much needed fairy dust your way!!!
12.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly, just a bump to see if you closed. (Maybe you did last week while I was in Vegas and I missed it?)

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay,

Yes!!! I closed on my house yesterday and I am closing (writing this while knocking on wood and with a ginormous smile) on the new house tomorrow!!!!
36.gif
9.gif

I can't wait to close tomorrow!!! It will be the first time we will see the inside of the house since 9/23, so I really can't wait to see what it looks like inside as I can't remember anything!!

I am so excited about it. I also heard that we will be getting the keys after closing as well, so I can take pictures!!! Yeah!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so excited for you!!! Please do take pics--I can''t wait to see it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
happy dance! happy dance!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Butterfly, that fairy dust finally paid off!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best wishes your way!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
any updates for us Butterfly?

(and house pics?
41.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 3:47:00 PM
Author: sevens one
any updates for us Butterfly?

(and house pics?
41.gif

ditto.. I can''t wait to see pics
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone and thanks!!!!

I did it, we closed yesterday and I got the keys at the lawyer''s office.

I was not aware of this, but the sellers did not leave any money in escrow, so the house is basically as is, except for any warranties that they might have left behind.

Unfortunately for us, we were not aware of this and didn''t do a really thorough walk through, thinking that we would have a 3 day period (like the buyers of my house), were if we found something wrong, we could just notify our attorney and it would be taken from the escrow.

We found out about this at the closing and it has something to do with the bank taking everything so the sellers are actually left with a bill of $358 that they owe the bank.

So of course we still sign the papers and then rush over to the house to make sure everything is okay.

So far, we found one broken outlet (not a big deal) and one of the kitchen cabinets is missing the glass!!!! I can''t figure out how that happened, but I figure it must have been like that for a while and we didn''t notice it because even the screws are missing. Also, the keys for the gates are missing and the poles to open the skylights are gone, although I know they were there when we inspected the house, b/c they opened them for the inspector.

I will be cleaning up everything tomorrow, so I can really check everything very carefully and much better, but I don''t think I have much recourse as there really is no money that the sellers can give. Also, even the real estate broker got shortchanged b/c they told her that they would be short $50 on her commission and they asked her to eat it.
And when she said, do I really have a choice, the seller ( husband of bank embezzler) said, well I ain''t paying for it! And it was left at that.

One other thing that is bothering me is that I really didn''t realize how small the house is. I thought I had more room, but the house just seems so small now. Yikes!!!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh the stories I have! DH buys only foreclosed and distressed properties. Our last house had 2 missing kitchen drawers and 1 missing door! Also ALL of the crown molding was torn off. Just remember you bought this house at a discount so replacing a piece of glass or even paying a $400 bill is really nothing compared to the value you got. Good luck. Hopefully once you own furniture and things are in the new house it will feel like home. Don''t worry about the size right now. I think you are just nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results