shape
carat
color
clarity

About to buy this ring...need opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vikask

Rough_Rock
I''ve seen many diamonds, and this one seems pretty good relative to others. Also, the price seems much better as well. The dealer is claiming the prices have gone up recently and this was priced at an earlier date. I plan on mounting this in a platinum solitaire band with tiffany setting. Here are the specs:

Square modified brilliant
GIA certified
6.4 x 6.26 x 4.49
1.5 carat
Depth - 71.7%
Table - 77%
Girdle - Extremely think to very thick
Culet - None
Polish - Good
Symmetry - Good
Clarity - SI1
Color - G
Fluorescence - None

Price - $9025

My big concern is the girdle because of its large spread. Other than that, it has a high level of brilliance when examined in various light sources. Also, comparable diamonds are about $9400 at the store. However, on diamonds.com, the price seemed comparable to what I was getting although I don''t have all of the specs from this site. Please let me know if this is a good deal and if the girdle should not be an issue.

Thanks!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
That girdle does fluctuate a bit much which can be an issue with princess cuts.

Did you do a search on pricescope?
The prices are lower for comparable stones with smaller tables & more uniform girdles.
For example, this one listed by dirtcheapdiamonds.com

1.50 G VS2 71.7% 71% GIA m-stk no sym:vg pol:gd no 6.53x6.40x4.59 $8614*

This one from Blue Nile:
1.50 G SI1 73.9% 71% GIA med no sym:vg pol:ex no 6.16x6.09x4.50 $8451

Good luck with your search!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results