shape
carat
color
clarity

About to buy the ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sstudvii

Rough_Rock
Afternoon everyone,

I have been shopping for 8 months... that is right 8 months for the perfect engagement ring for my GF of 3 years. I am looking to buy in the next 2 weeks and ask her when her folks are in for the weekend 4 to 6 weeks from now.

She has long slender fingers and she loves the princess cut. (she has no idea I am shopping though)

This is what I am looking at

GIA or AGS Certified
Carat - 1.08 to 1.21 (5.7xMM by 5.7xMM by 4.xxMM)
Cut - Ideal with a table of ~72% and depth of ~72%
Clarity - VS1 to IF
Color - D to H

My budget is about $6500 including a Tiffany style platinum band.

My questions are..

Will I really be hating myself for getting a VS2 to spend more on the color or cut?
Will I really be hating myself for getting a H color as apposed to a G or F?

I just want to get the best for my money.
22.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Generally, for a princess, the table should be smaller than the depth. For optical performance, we will need to see an ASET image to make a comment about it. If buying blind, get an AGS0 cut graded stone as AGS is the only lab that grades princess on the cut performance. Any cut grade not graded by AGS is assigned by the jeweler and the standard might vary.

G/H/I and VS are safe choice IMHO.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
There are alot of people here who are very happy with their VS2''s and even SI1 and SI2''s! Myself personally, I''d rather get an eyeclean SI stone of a better color, than a VS with worse color. As long as its eye clean does it really matter if you can see the inclusions under 10x vs 40x magnification?

sstudvii

Rough_Rock
hmmm... the ratio is off more than I would like and more money than I want to spend.... and I am not crazy about the I Color

but man it does look good

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I agree that I would want to keep the stone to at least at H color for a princess, but you could definitely go down to either a VS2 or an eyeclean SI1 clarity.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want IF clarity then this could be ok, I would ask for an Idealscope and some more photos of the diamond.

sstudvii

Rough_Rock
They are giving me an IdealScope of two diamonds in 24 hours.

sstudvii

Rough_Rock
well I did not get the pricescope but I picked one out from my friend from South Africa

Princess Cut
E
VVS2
6.05x5.97x4.24
GIA
VG/VG

what do you guys think... oh and under 6500

sstudvii

Rough_Rock
Well I got engaged this weekend :)

Everything went perfectly and she still is in shock. The stone looks great.

ended up with a 1.20 ct G/VS1 6.00x6.06x4.2 with a Tiffany style ring with 4 prong head with knife edge around the ring. She said it was perfect and exactly what she wanted. I picked it up for song also from a VERY reputable B&M store... I used my knowledge form here to cut them down $3000 off the retail price

it is so sparkly and has tons of fire... we were walking to her car last night and the only light around was the street lamps... and you could see them

picture

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement. What happened to the picture?

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I don't think you will be hating yourself for getting a vs2 (inclusions are so tiny you won't see it with your naked eye). However, You might want to consider going to SI1, there are some that are eye clean and therefore you can put more money towards size or color if you wish.

I also think H colored diamonds are okay. Just make sure the diamond is cut really well.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Sorry didn''t read all the way down to the bottom! Oops!
6.gif

But Congrats!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations.

Looking forward to seeing the picture.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and best wishes to you both!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
sstudvii- sounds like you did a great job. congratulations! Now don''t forget some photos for us
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results