shape
carat
color
clarity

About to buy!!!Input pls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dorothysoos

Rough_Rock
I think I might have found my two beauties after months of searching.I''m still fairly new at this and any help would be very much appreciated.
Stone 1
Fsi1
1.14 carat
Measurement 6.74x6.77x4.15
Depth 61.2
Table 57
girdle T to M
Polish E
S E
crown angle 34.2
crown height 15.1
pavillion angle 40.9
cutlet 0.8
HCA 1.2 Excellent
Stone 2
Si1 F

Weasurement 6.77x6.81x4.14

Depth 61
Table 56
crown angle 34.5
crown height 15.0
pavillion angle 40.6
pavillion depth 42.5
cutlet 1.2
girdle 0.9-1.2
HCA 0.7
Any advice would be very much appreciated and put this lady out of her misery.
Thanks

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
Both sets of numbers look really good. Assuming they're both the same price, both eye-clean, and I had to choose one just on the numbers with no other pictures or info, I'd probably pick the first one simply because I like the 40.9 pavillion angle a little better. But it's pretty much a coin flip. Ideally, if these are the two you've narrowed it down to, I'd recommend having both stones sent to a trusted local independent appraiser so the two of you can sit down and decide which one you like best.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These would make a perfectly matched pair ! Once you get those ideal proportions, well, all that tells stones apart is still your good ol' color, clarity and size. Cut details (those fables minor facets) could make some difference still, and an Iscope can tell that.

What could I say? The first stone has incredibly tight diameter numers and a very small culet (which makes the stone close to the HCA assumptions).

Coin flipping could help choosing too
2.gif

dorothysoos

Rough_Rock
Actually i want the both of them for earrings.Are they both consider "ideal cut" or am I asking a very stupid question.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great match, as I said
1.gif

Since there is no accepted definition of "ideal cut" - what can I answer?

The range for all version of "ideal cuts" is not all that large, and the difference between the stones fitting in one slot or another quite a bit more obvious to professional used to handling these stones all day, than to the rest of the population. Throw in another invisible qualities ('Ideal' polish and symetry grades as oposed to 'very good' or 'Ecellent'), and all you need is some good ignition for the 'flamable' mix
angryfire.gif

These two are extremely close to any of the split-hair ideal proportions. Citing from memory, ideally, the crown angles would be 34-34.5 and pavilion 40.7-40.9. From the sparse cutter's testimony on this forum, it is all but imposible to fine-tune a stone within this interval - the process is not precise to a tenth of degree. Of course, one can argue that the half of degree makes all the difference. I hope this does convey the substance of the question in cause.

The look of these illusive ideals is not only achievable within these limits. There is room for variation in cut proportions to obtain spectacular optics in these round diamonds. I am not sure the whole discussion has tremendous practical value though. Gary had a chart of these sets of proportions posted somewhere... Surely any amount of ink on the subject would leave some stone unturned
sad.gif

All in all, there would be quite a bit more to the portrait of an "ideal" diamond , of the most purist "Pricescope style": You'd need to know how those harts and arrows look like, to get someone to evaluate light return and make sure these would surely get AGS0 cut gardes (all of the above plus Ideal polish and symmtry).

At 1X (the one magnification I always have at hand), these should very, very nice diamonds
1.gif
- or at least this is what the numbers say.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Dorothy, yes, they both appear to be exceptionally well-cut stones. If you've seen them and you like them, no reason not to buy.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
they are both equally nice stones.The measur. are nice and they should have lots of fire nad brilliance.
Since they are very close I would choose the 1.16cts.,of course if the price is almost the same.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Both appear to be very comparable in cut and appear to be well balanced for a matching pair. If you're getting them for earings, keep in mind they will be HUGE. Unless you have large earlobes, you might want to go with something a bit smaller.

dorothysoos

Rough_Rock
I haven't seen the stones yet and I will not till its shipped to me in Aust.That's why I was apprehensive till I hear some advice fr u guys out there who are much more experienced than I.I guess the next step is to get a independent appraisal right??Thanks a zillions !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results